Page 358 of 668 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408458 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 10006

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Ah...

*skips out on the Martial Artist for a Mage which is much easier to go crazy with.*
    Your 'nuts' stuff usually follows some logical in-character trend and doesn't massively attempt to pervert the spirit of the rules, so I have no problems with it. :)

...yes, I know, the above is like a red flag waved in your face, but I'll say it anyway.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
    After I prove I can stick around here for awhile for a change, I think I'd like to join up with one of the RPGs here again sometime. It's always a good time!
    Yeah, they're loads of fun. There should be a two new ones starting up soon; Cleric has a steampunk RPG, and another one from the thread Sharp started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Yeah, they're loads of fun. There should be a two new ones starting up soon; Cleric has a steampunk RPG, and another one from the thread Sharp started.
    Yeah, I just saw that thread. Although, I'll wait and see how they fill out before I jump on board. I haven't been around in ages and would be less deserving of a spot than someone else may be

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Your 'nuts' stuff usually follows some logical in-character trend and doesn't massively attempt to pervert the spirit of the rules, so I have no problems with it. :)

...yes, I know, the above is like a red flag waved in your face, but I'll say it anyway.
    Well I've figured how to Ponzi-Scheme my way into literally infinite minions of my level if I did ever get that 40 Gnosis. Or alternatly with a mere 25 Gnosis and some non-Gamemechanic safeguards, which is less practical.

EDIT: No, wait... It wouldn't work the 40 way. have to use the lightweight way instead. Darn.

Hmmmmm...

Ooooooooooooh... *figures out how to make an army of minions SIGNIFICANTLY ABOVE his Level if he had that elusive 40 Gnosis*

All with one Path too..

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

They wouldn't get as much out of it at low levels though.
    Wait... are you talking about Siriel's idea, or yours?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Mine.

It basically multiplies your level by (roughly) two and gives you +5 levels in addition to that, so the more powerful you are when you do it, the bigger the boost. (Level 15 would become 35 or so, while level 2 would 'only' get to 9)

The thing to note is that while it increases your level and versatility, the boost to actual combat effectiveness is not nearly as big as actually levelling up that much would imply.
    It does mean that you'll probably never fail a resistance check though. And there's a built-in way to reverse it if you ever feel like gaining xp again.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Either really. Both would get a LOT more powerful with levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Mine.

It basically multiplies your level by roughly 2.5, so the more powerful you are when you do it, the bigger the boost.
    I thought it'd be slightly UNDER Double. Where'd the extra half come from?

Veteran Member

Whiskey Time, whiskey time, thank God it's whiskey time!!!
    Good God man! Why are you slapping a monkey.

Foley, Stop healing the assassin!!!

I thought it'd be slightly UNDER Double. Where'd the extra half come from?
    That free 500 DP due to level 0. I was mistaken though. It's x2+5, not x2.5.

Mine.

It basically multiplies your level by (roughly) two and gives you +6 levels in addition to that, so the more powerful you are when you do it, the bigger the boost. (Level 15 would become 36 or so, while level 2 would 'only' get to 10)

The thing to note is that while it increases your level and versatility, the boost to actual combat effectiveness is not nearly as big as actually levelling up that much would imply.
    It does mean that you'll probably never fail a resistance check though. And there's a built-in way to reverse it if you ever feel like gaining xp again.
    OK.

Need details. NAO!! :)

That free 500 DP due to level 0. I was mistaken though. It's x2+5, not x2.5.
    Ah. You're right. I didn't calculate that in, because I was just thinking about it doubling your DP.

OK.

Need details. NAO!! :)
    Quoted from my message to Sharp:

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel
    The theory is a combination of Create Being (Creation 78) and Transmigrate Soul (Essence 78).

Step 1: Cast Create Being as, say, a level 10 Wizard. With 15 or 16 INT, you can get the Created Being up to level 10.
    Step 2: Create the Being, picking only physical abilities and skills, no knowledge-related stuff. You now have a body that's effectively mindless with roughly 1500 DP worth of powers and physical abilities.
    Step 3: Cast Spiritual Existence on yourself, becoming a spirit. Pick whatever powers, they don't matter since you lose them in Step 4.
    Step 4: As detailed in "Provide Soul", beings created with Create Being do not have a soul but if they acquire one, they no longer require Zeon maintenance at the cost of no longer being controlled by the Wizard. Cast Transmigrate Soul to move yourself into the Created Being. As it has no soul, there is no power struggle. (And since you didn't give it a high Power stat anyway, it would lose.)
    Step 5: You, a level 10 Wizard, are now in a level 10 creature's body whose every DP went into physical stuff. Your mental stats and knowledge-related skills override whatever was there, but you keep all the physical stuff. The total DP makes you something around a level 24 being.
    Step 6: Enjoy.

The only downsides are that you're left relatively weak for the relative level (by my count, you're 'effectively' as powerful as a level 12-13 monster, albeit much more versatile and with crazy level-related stats) and you will never ever level up again unless you decide to re-cast Spiritual Existence to leave the body.
    On the upside, it beats the hell out of Chimera.
    Munch has pointed out that you can get a few extra levels on top by casting Spiritual Existence before casting Create Being, assuming you have enough INT to boost Create Being to that extent.

As a back up, cast the Necromancy spell that preserve corpses on your original body, so you can go back to it if you ever decide to level up the normal way again.

Nobody's playing Esper Shift anymore.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quoted from my message to Sharp:

Munch has pointed out that you can get a few extra levels on top by casting Spiritual Existence before casting Create Being, assuming you have enough INT to boost Create Being to that extent.

As a back up, cast the Necromancy spell that preserve corpses on your original body, so you can go back to it if you ever decide to level up the normal way again.
    Awesome! :)

Also, your plan doesn't have the inherent problem that Munch's plan does, of trying to use Eternal Magic (max Path Level 80) on Ascension / Dark Ascension (Path Level 98).