Page 350 of 668 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 10006
    Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuseven View Post
    Get slapped. Son. Up smash.
    Well, well, well...

If it isn't Evendesu.

How have you been?

And more importantly, have you met your ass-kicking quota?

EDIT: Why is it so tedious to find a cross between a barbarian and a magic knight?
    Last edited by FarBeyondC; 01-04-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    All I wanted was some fried chicken.

Maybe some hot wings:

That's nothing to run away about.
    Great. Now I want wings!

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

EDIT: Why is it so tedious to find a cross between a barbarian and a magic knight?
    If I had to hazard a guess, it's because "Magic Knight" is a career path that would generally require University Level education.

Not too many higher learning institutions on the steppes and plains.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    If I had to hazard a guess, it's because "Magic Knight" is a career path that would generally require University Level education.

Not too many higher learning institutions on the steppes and plains.
    Those young adults on the steppes and plains need the opportunity to receive and experience the benefits of higher education!

Someone, by which I mean someone else, should go see to that.

*Kicks random minion #4949237*

I meant you.

Random Minion #4949237: But it's my first day!

Me: And if you don't hurry up and do what I told you to do, it will be your last day.

*Random Minion #4949237 gulps and leaves at the speed of rumor*

Addendum: Would it make more sense for such a person to start out as a barbarian, or a magic knight? And how would you approach either?

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Those young adults on the steppes and plains need the opportunity to receive and experience the benefits of higher education!

Someone, by which I mean someone else, should go see to that.

*Kicks random minion #4949237*

I meant you.

Random Minion #4949237: But it's my first day!

Me: And if you don't hurry up and do what I told you to do, it will be your last day.

*Random Minion #4949237 gulps and leaves at the speed of rumor*

Addendum: Would it make more sense for such a person to start out as a barbarian, or a magic knight? And how would you approach either?
    Perhaps you get your AS in Barbarianism from a community college and then transfer to get your BS in Magic Knightery?

Two methods leap to mind:

A Barbarian awakens to Sorcery (by which I mean natural magical aptitude as opposed to trained aptitude) at a surprisingly late age. Too old to be apprenticed to the Tribe's Shaman in accordance with tradition, he shrugs and keeps on with his already-started career as a warrior. The walls of flame turn out to be pretty handy in this regard.

A Warmage, disillusioned with politics and the complexities of city life, joins up with a tribe he was already familiar with due to them occasionally working with his City State as mercenaries.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Well, well, well...

If it isn't Evendesu.

How have you been?

And more importantly, have you met your ass-kicking quota?

I have my friend. I have.

Barbarian magic knights are a rarity of truly mythical proportions unseen since the wonderous surfing unibearshark. BEHOLD THY GLORY!!!:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bear-shark-unicornsurfing.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	106739
    Yes, Yes. I'll bite the bullet. My case was gotten on. We can't win em' all.

LOL. Barbarians are great. They have huge beards and are bad ass. They need no such sissy ass magic. Fuck magic when i have fucking FISTS and AXES and shit. Smash you. Up smash. Viking beard mega-clothesline FTW.
    Yes, Yes. I'll bite the bullet. My case was gotten on. We can't win em' all.

LOL. Barbarians are great. They have huge beards and are bad ass. They need no such sissy ass magic. Fuck magic when i have fucking FISTS and AXES and shit. Smash you. Up smash. Viking beard mega-clothesline FTW.
    Pfft, I hear Barbarians breathe.

Sissies.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnno6 View Post
    Perhaps you get your AS in Barbarianism from a community college and then transfer to get your BS in Magic Knightery?
    I'm definitely adding Barbarianism and Magic Knightery to the curriculum of the world of education I'm building.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Two methods leap to mind:

A Barbarian awakens to Sorcery (by which I mean natural magical aptitude as opposed to trained aptitude) at a surprisingly late age. Too old to be apprenticed to the Tribe's Shaman in accordance with tradition, he shrugs and keeps on with his already-started career as a warrior. The walls of flame turn out to be pretty handy in this regard.

A Warmage, disillusioned with politics and the complexities of city life, joins up with a tribe he was already familiar with due to them occasionally working with his City State as mercenaries.
    I like the first one. Not enough to steal it, mind, but well enough considering that fact.

I have my friend. I have.

Barbarian magic knights are a rarity of truly mythical proportions unseen since the wonderous surfing unibearshark. BEHOLD THY GLORY!!!:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bear-shark-unicornsurfing.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	106739
    *Basks in the glow of ridiculous*

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

The Barbarian regularly barks random noises as some sort of impromptu battle cry. One day, a particularly obscure series of words causes the head of a chicken; which he's about to kill for food; to explode. The Barbarian finds this new poultry-exploding art to be intriguing, and thus sets about finding what animals he can explode with different war-cries.

Note: Not all magic, he discovers, is for exploding fauna.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The Barbarian regularly barks random noises as some sort of impromptu battle cry. One day, a particularly obscure series of words causes the head of a chicken; which he's about to kill for food; to explode. The Barbarian finds this new poultry-exploding art to be intriguing, and thus sets about finding what animals he can explode with different war-cries.
    "Thuuwe! Schroeh! Daahg?"
    "Only the best magic is for exploding fauna."
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Pop quiz!

If this happened in mainstream DC continuity, "Lara" would turn out to actually be:

A: Ursa.
    B: Faora.
    C: Zod in drag.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Looking back at my old PC game collection, I recall a lot of memories of the game Descent Freespace...Like mainly WTF are the Shivans in that game.

I mean they're a mysterious race of aliens that happens to kill off entire races in space battles, enough of a threat to put the main two races of the game, humans and vasudans, to actually stop fighting their own war and join forces, and their tech is wayyyy superior than both humans and vasudans combined even with their big guns. Course, it took a miracle to defeat them by the game's end.

Then the sequel has them back after 30 years, in which the humans and vasudans have went a huge technology boost with way better weapons and spaceships at their disposal.

...The Shivans handed them their asses.

And there is no third game...So WTF?
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Obviously he becomes Dovahkiin.