Page 343 of 668 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 10006

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    One thing I dislike about some Avengers Movie fanfics is that some writers insist on putting Loki on the team. And yet, I keep reading.
    Hmm. I find it pretty hard to imagine any scenario where Loki would realistically reconcile with Thor. I could concievable see them fighting together as a lesser of two evils kinda deal (Thanos does want to kill everything after all) but thats about it.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That's what my Mom might have, though not as advanced, so the diagnose is a little uncertain. We're keeping her with us as long as possible, putting her in home is not an easy decision to make. Glad to hear your Great Aunt is doing a little better, but this is not a condition that can be reversed or cured unfortunately.
    Yeah, that's the part the entire family had to accept. Really sucks but we're all glad to have done much with her.

My parents trusted her to take care of me and my siblings when they went on a trip to China when I was a kid and she was pretty fun to be with.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Hmm. I find it pretty hard to imagine any scenario where Loki would realistically reconcile with Thor. I could concievable see them fighting together as a lesser of two evils kinda deal (Thanos does want to kill everything after all) but thats about it.
    Exactly. It doesn't seem realistic at all. As a punishment, sure, or as you said, to fight Thanos, yeah. But otherwise, no.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    It's happened in things like What Ifs and possible futures and such, but it's always one of those things that completely game changes the situation, and usually requires the entire Norse Pantheon undergoing some kind of enlightenment or some such. Basically, when it happens, it ruins Loki forever as a villain, and thus can't ever be canon. Although the mini-series, "Loki," presents it in a believable fashion, that one ends with Loki reverting back to evil before he could even begin an attempt at redemption.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

I think I'd like MLP unicorns more if they had cloven hooves, goat beards and lion tails.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Alzheimers is a horrible, horrible condition.

I watched my grandmother's decline due to it. Going to visit her towards the end, and seeing the sadness in her face that she knew she SHOULD recognise me, but just couldn't remember at all who I was, was utterly heartbreaking.

Sorry you're having to go through this, Tami and Iron_twister.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think I'd like MLP unicorns more if they had cloven hooves, goat beards and lion tails.
    Meh, original mythology be damned, if you're going to start gluing random bits of other animals to a base creature it should be a more notable change, or at least functional.

Besides, giving Twilight a beard, a less fancy tail and weird hooves for reasons that'd go completely over the intended target audience's head would be less marketable.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Starswirl was apparently either the only one to have a beard, or he grew such a rocking awesome one it became part of his moniker.

Add my thoughts to Beadle's, Tami and Iron_Twister. I'm so sorry.

Sorry to hear that Tami, Iron_Twister. I hope things get better for both of you, in whatever way they can.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Starswirl was apparently either the only one to have a beard, or he grew such a rocking awesome one it became part of his moniker.
    Eh, I'm of the opinion that other unicorns have grown beards, but Starswirl's was just so rocking that no other pony's beard could match up to it. Like Whitebeard from One Piece had such a rocking 'stache that everyone started calling him Whitebeard...

It makes more sense in the original Japanese, where he was called Shirohige (White Facial Hair), where hige means facial hair in general, because they don't have separate words for beard and mustache.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Wow, thanks guys. :)

Beadle pretty much summed up the way I last seen my grandmother when she was alive. No worries, it sucked but we all believe she's in a much better place when she passed on.

My Great Aunt did recall most of my family members who visited so we're glad to see that for sure.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Add my thoughts to Beadle's, Tami and Iron_Twister. I'm so sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Tami, Iron_Twister. I hope things get better for both of you, in whatever way they can.
    Thanks. No one else in my family, that I know of, ever had this as they got older. So I was totally unprepared for it. She was having some problems but nothing really bad until last summer.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    Wow, thanks guys. :)

Beadle pretty much summed up the way I last seen my grandmother when she was alive. No worries, it sucked but we all believe she's in a much better place when she passed on.

My Great Aunt did recall most of my family members who visited so we're glad to see that for sure.
    My Mom forgets who I am sometimes, and we live together.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Eh, I'm of the opinion that other unicorns have grown beards, but Starswirl's was just so rocking that no other pony's beard could match up to it. Like Whitebeard from One Piece had such a rocking 'stache that everyone started calling him Whitebeard...
    We've seen other Ponies with facial hair several times, it's just fairly rare. Much as in our society though, it may have been more common in earlier centuries where shaving technology wasn't as advanced and people didn't think cool things like having beards or wearing hats was abnormal.

I think Ghost may have been on to something though...

My Little Pony: All Beards, All The Time.

It makes more sense in the original Japanese, where he was called Shirohige (White Facial Hair), where hige means facial hair in general, because they don't have separate words for beard and mustache.
    I had been wondering about that one.

You are not Whitebeard. You are Whitestache.

Honestly, that awkward-looking oversized crescent moon thing doesn't even look cool.
    Last edited by Omegalith; 01-02-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.