Page 296 of 668 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346396 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 10006
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post

Dunno what happened to her singing voice though... Too strained from pulling that cart around?
    Yeah, that was weird.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    Yeah, that was weird.
    The entire point is generally that they're somehow blind to their completely obvious talents: Singing, Scootering and something Apple related because the Dread Demon Appelax cursed the entire Apple Family bloodline to only ever have Apple Marks and be trapped on farms forever.

...Or they're just good at it and usually raised in the country. Either or.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Huh, just saw the teaser for the next Star Trek film taking place in the reboot universe.

And here's the plot explained thus far:
    When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.
    ...So, did the League of Shadows backed by the dude from Skyfall with the Joker in tow hijacked this film?
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Nah, it's probably just the bad guy from the fourth Die Hard movie. The guy was basically a wizard casting spells through computer technobabble. He's the perfect Star Trek villain.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    My house in Skyrim is almost finished, and good lord does it take a lot of building material. Like, you gather a seemingly excessive amount of materials thinking you will have enough, but no, you do not have enough. I've bought something like 200 logs and still had to go back and buy more. And the iron! You need so much iron. I emptied two mines and three blacksmith's shops of all the iron I could find and I still find myself short on nails and hinges. oO
    To be fair, houses of that size probably do need quite a bit of material. I'm not surprised.

I'm also a bit annoyed that even though you are basically forced to make a big house, you can't go all the way and build all the features and at least get a really huge house - you have to chose if you want a kitchen or a bedroom, so either you can't feed your kids or give them a place to sleep.
    This is why I built my first house with a storage room, kitchen, and bedroom, then made another house designed to be my 'man cave'.

Anyway, while expanding the building I was tempted to add the alchemy tower since I like the idea of a house with towers - makes it looks like a small castle. Instead I added the trophy room.
    Trophy room, trophy room... I wanna say I have that in one of my saves, but it's been a while.

Turns out the trophy room is awesome. At first I was a bit disappointed that the "trophies" did not refer to my more exclusive adventuring loot but rather taxidermic displays. But then I took a closer look at what kind of trophies you can put in there: There's wolves and bears and saber cats, but also skeletons, draugr, falmer, giant spiders and hagraves. For crying out loud, hagravens are living sapient beings! That's like having a stuffed orc in your house.

I plan to make the room a menangerie of horror and pretend I lock the kids in there whenever they're naughty. XD
    ... My next house will have a trophy room for sure.

I heard it was going to be KHAAAAAAAN! again.

Apparently trying to artificially enhance humans is as badwrongbad in Star Trek as being a robot who doesn't want to be more human.

Also, everyone who isn't human must conform rigidly to a single, caricaturesque planetary stereotype or be shunned for their egregious violation of the natural order.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Do you think the racial stereotype that other races have of humans is:

"Permanently trying to pigeon-hole other races entirely into certain specific societal roles, despite having demonstrated that said races have a full governmental structure, etc..."

Not all Ferengi are traders, just like not all Klingons are warriors.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

"Permanently trying to pigeon-hole other races entirely into certain specific societal roles, despite having demonstrated that said races have a full governmental structure, etc..."

Better that than saying we all have belt sanders for faces.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

They have more than one career, yes.

Good luck finding a Ferengi who doesn't come across as an insulting stereotype of a Ferengi though.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Dunno what happened to her singing voice though... Too strained from pulling that cart around?
    Best Explination I've heard was that as the ponyville-children equivelent of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall it's SUPPOSED to be sang loudly and enthusiasticly moreso than with concern for pitch and timbre.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

All I know about the new Star Trek film is that it contains an evil Bendict Cumberbatch. That's worth the price of admission alone.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

They have more than one career, yes.

Good luck finding a Ferengi who doesn't come across as an insulting stereotype of a Ferengi though.
    One of the reasons the Trekverse got boring for me by the time I hit middle school. Still, you'll usually find this kind of stereotyping for most any fantasy race: dwarves are all good at engineering/blacksmithing, Elves are all pretty and snobbish, Dark Elves are all evil, etc. Obviously there's exceptions, but mostly that's how things get presented, as being a certain species can be used as a shorthand to identify and archetypal personality.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 12-10-2012 at 05:57 AM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    One of the reasons the Trekverse got boring for me by the time I hit middle school. Still, you'll usually find this kind of stereotyping for most any fantasy race: dwarves are all good at engineering/blacksmithing, Elves are all pretty and snobbish, Dark Elves are all evil, etc. Obviously there's exceptions, but mostly that's how things get presented, as being a certain species can be used as a shorthand to identify and archetypal personality.
    I suspect generalizations like that mostly comes from "As a race, they're better at engineering/blacksmithing than humans. Almost any dwarf is better than almost any human at that stuff."

It still gets exaggerated to the point of silliness sometimes, but it doesn't necessarily have to be inaccurate.

It doesn't help that humans in fiction are almost invariably set up as 'more diverse and adaptable' than any other race.

Bleah.