Page 290 of 668 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 10006

Lavos is probably my favourite Doomsday Villain. If for no other reason than because he actually gets things done rather than speech about it.

Also, he has the Best Attacks.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    I read a book from that series.

The cat Chester I think stirred up all the trouble and read too much creepypasta
    I still have the first book.

A fun read when you're a kid.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Lavos is probably my favourite Doomsday Villain. If for no other reason than because he actually gets things done rather than speech about it.

Both of these things are Truth.
    Black Knight of SO
    Co-COTM for Feb 2006
    The Midnight Rider.
    Owner of SO's W/I Shop.
    Bearer of the Rumbles Matrix of Leadership

Wins on CBR

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

So, I dreamed that I was a teenaged girl trying to cosplay for a convention, and noted the strangeness of having impractically exposed areas, such as wearing a heavily frilled top, while having my lower back exposed, but not showing my belly. And thus did I learn something: superhero costumes are silly. Also, I must have the most absolutely sexless dream life on the planet, because not once did it occur to me to take advantage of being a cute girl.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 12-06-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Yeah, I'm hard pressed to think of another Doomsday critter as cool as Lavos. Keeping him as this vastly alien being whose motivations can only really be speculated on adds to the sort of mythic presence he has.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

True, I didn't really know what the heck's going on in the scene. Just some stuff with computers and then suddenly, the heroes find a recording of an actual year (1999 when the game came out in 1995? Yes, be very paranoid that time kids) where the entire world got screwed over in such a way that seeing the current setting at the time...You know for sure nothing has improved...Hell, it even got worse.

With Kefka, not only do you see the world split in pieces, but see the terrified as Hell sprites completely losing their shit as the land around them is going through Hell.

...Both are just damn terrifying.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

...Why do I get vibes of Nobunaga Oda being some sort of Sith Lord?

Also, the awesomeness of this scene was kind of ruined when Yoshimoto Imagawa, the dude the Oda clan killed, is...Some weirdo who uses a soccer ball as a weapon in this game.

Yeah, Imagawa will never live it down after Okehazama, always in some games portrayed as a buffoon...Since he got murdered against a dude called "Fool of Owari"
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    So, I dreamed that I was a teenaged girl trying to cosplay for a convention, and noted the strangeness of having impractically exposed areas, such as wearing a heavily frilled top, while having my lower back exposed, but not showing my belly. And thus did I learn something: superhero costumes are silly. Also, I must have the most absolutely sexless dream life on the planet, because not once did it occur to me to take advantage of being a cute girl.
    ...wait, so how'd you know you were a girl then? Was it the voice? Other people identifying you as a girl? Or something else?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    ...Why do I get vibes of Nobunaga Oda being some sort of Sith Lord?

Also, the awesomeness of this scene was kind of ruined when Yoshimoto Imagawa, the dude the Oda clan killed, is...Some weirdo who uses a soccer ball as a weapon in this game.

Yeah, Imagawa will never live it down after Okehazama, always in some games portrayed as a buffoon...Since he got murdered against a dude called "Fool of Owari"
    What happened to Nobunaga's dub voice? Samurai Warriors 1 Nobunaga had an epic voice.

Who's this nasaly chump?
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Now see if I were to have a dream about being a teen girl cosplayer, I'd probably be one of the weird ones who nevertheless have a very high quality costume.

"I'm a werecat version of a steampunk version of a humanized pony version of a hypothetical daughter of Terezi Pyrope and Aang. Also I have an automail arm and am a member of the Sinestro corps. Wanna read my fanfics?"
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

DREAMLESS.

And stuff.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    DREAMLESS.

And stuff.
    Dreamless is basically Lavos going "You're playing without Magus or high-end equipment? Well, tough luck." at you.

Seriously, if you don't do the sidequests, then Dreamless ends you.

'Course, Gaspar basically goes "Look, do these sidequests or Lavos will murder you", so I guess you only have yourself to blame.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Dreamless is basically Lavos going "You're playing without Magus or high-end equipment? Well fuck you." at you.

Seriously, if you don't do the sidequests, then Dreamless ends you.
    It did?

I don't remember anything from Lavos (the normal one, anyway) being that tough, with any party configuration.

It has been a while, though.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What happened to Nobunaga's dub voice? Samurai Warriors 1 Nobunaga had an epic voice.
    -video-
    Who's this nasaly chump?
    You got me, Samurai Warriors was never exactly consistent with its VAs...I mean, not sure if that happens with Dynasty Warriors as well but yeah...SW never keeps the same type of voice so far.

Keiji Maeda got it worse, from Steve Blum to some guy who sounds like he's kind of stoned....Or a surfer you don't want to associate with.

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    It did?

I don't remember anything from Lavos (the normal one, anyway) being that tough, with any party configuration.

It has been a while, though.
    He doesn't really use Dreamless all that often and, I think, needs all three parts for it.

But yeah, comparative to everything else he has ('cept Grand Stone, but it's easier to reduce physical damage aside from Magus), Dreamless does a ton of damage.