Page 276 of 668 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 10006
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Where would you guys rate the speed of someone who can travel a megaparsec in a second?
    Slightly less than someone who can do one Yoctometer per second.

Significantly less than someone who can do one Yoctometer per Yottasecond.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Where would you guys rate the speed of someone who can travel a megaparsec in a second?
    He has travel speed that at least rivals the Silver Surfer (if the Surfer's "travel between galaxies in seconds" feat counts as a high end travel speed feat for him).
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

My favorate demon lords are the ones created when an energy being calling itself god attacks a precursor race of humans that lived during the age of dinosaurs. And they fight back by sending out their champion piloting a hovertank armed with laser guns. Then said tank gets immediatly pwned by a random quetzalcoatlus, who is then pwned by a random t-rex. Then the energy being calling itself god gets disgusted and blasts them. But instead of killing them it accidently causes them all to fuze together into a demon lord.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

My favorate demon lords are the ones created when an energy being calling itself god attacks a precursor race of humans that lived during the age of dinosaurs. And they fight back by sending out their champion piloting a hovertank armed with laser guns. Then said tank gets immediatly pwned by a random quetzalcoatlus, who is then pwned by a random t-rex. Then the energy being calling itself god gets disgusted and blasts them. But instead of killing them it accidently causes them all to fuze together into a demon lord.
    Who is Mao Dante?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Who is Mao Dante?
    This guy gets it.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

Who is Mao Dante?
    Half-demon ruler of Communist China who uses bullet time to eat pizza.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

I'm curious as to how the Gym Leader/Elite Four selection process is carried out.

From the looks of things, a Leader needs to maintain several different teams and use them depending on the number of badges you have, only fully applying themselves if they're the eighth or it's a rematch: You can see in rematches that all the Leaders in a region tend to be fairly equal when unconstrained by the League's structure.

(Also: Cheren goes from a rival with a six-mon team consisting of a level 67 Starter and a varied bunch of level 65 monsters to a Gym Leader with a level 11 Meerkat and level 13 Scottie Dog, so he's pretty clearly holding back massively)

Further, you see a bit of free shuffling around: At least two Gym Leaders have gone on to become the regional champ, Lance promoted himself from Elite Four to champ, Koga moved into the Four, and Blue after his dramatically short reign managed to land a gig running Giovanni's old Gym.

Also, the structure is inherently unfairly weighted to disallowing new Champs: You need to be softened up by the Four in a gauntlet before you can challenge the reigning Champ without resting... Which is fairly absurd when you consider that you're then taking on a fully rested guy who has already been able to do exactly the same thing.

Anyhow, I think it'd actually be more satisfying to have a game where you establish yourself as a Gym Leader and work your way up to an Elite Four member. It's a steady wage, high profile celebrity status and apparently a harder position to earn than those ten year old kids who keep appearing out of nowhere to climb the League in a month then be left with nothing to do other than try to finish filling in their exotic animal collection or stand wearing a sleeveless shirt in a blizzard for four years.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    From the looks of things, a Leader needs to maintain several different teams and use them depending on the number of badges you have, only fully applying themselves if they're the eighth or it's a rematch: You can see in rematches that all the Leaders in a region tend to be fairly equal when unconstrained by the League's structure.
    I thought it was that they get stronger as well as time goes on.

Also, the structure is inherently unfairly weighted to disallowing new Champs: You need to be softened up by the Four in a gauntlet before you can challenge the reigning Champ without resting... Which is fairly absurd when you consider that you're then taking on a fully rested guy who has already been able to do exactly the same thing.
    But that's the only way the new Champion will be much stronger than the old one.

Plus, you know, nothing stopping you from healing your pokemon using items. It's pretty much the last opportunity you'll have to make good use of them anyway.

Anyhow, I think it'd actually be more satisfying to have a game where you establish yourself as a Gym Leader and work your way up to an Elite Four member. It's a steady wage, high profile celebrity status and apparently a harder position to earn than those ten year old kids who keep appearing out of nowhere to climb the League in a month then be left with nothing to do other than try to finish filling in their exotic animal collection or stand wearing a sleeveless shirt in a blizzard for four years.
    It must be, because becoming a Champion doesn't come with a paycheck.

...or anything really, because of poor responsiveness and sensitivity to the player becoming the Champion within the setting.

That, and the ten year old kid's just that good.

*slinks away for the night*
    Last edited by Sol M; 11-30-2012 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    But that's the only way the new Champion will be much stronger than the old one.
    I imagine that'd get a bit crazy when you've had seven progressive Champions in an area, each of whom could kick the ass of the previous champ and his entourage on a roll.

I thought it was that they get stronger as well as time goes on.
    What happens if some kid starts out in Saffron? Does Sabrina throw out a level 60 Alakazam and laugh at him, or does she use a Drowzee she found in a bush somewhere and probably win nine times out of ten anyway?

It must be, because becoming a Champion doesn't come with a paycheck.

...or anything really, because of poor responsiveness and sensitivity to the player becoming the Champion within the setting.
    Red: "..."

Blue: "What? I'm just chilling out in the Champion room, that's all. It's not like you were using it."
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Archnemesis of Reason FarBeyondC's Avatar

Are there any really famous / legendary / mythic beings of ice out there?

Seriously, I can't think of one off-hand and I'm pretty sure there are a few.
    "That which does not grow falls into decay."

Utopia - Tetra Eisengard
    Lockdown - Kalak Fenras

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Frost Giants.
    And specifically Ymir.

Beyond that, the only ones that even have any relationship with ice would be stuff like The Yeti, Sasquatch and the Inuit Great Beasts (of which, at least in comics, Tundra would definitely fit your criteria).
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Oh, and Jack Frost.
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    Are there any really famous / legendary / mythic beings of ice out there?

Seriously, I can't think of one off-hand and I'm pretty sure there are a few.
    Wendigos.

As Hazard pointed out, some of the Jotun are an obvious choice.

Moorcock's version of the Formorians had heavy winter thematics, but I've no idea if that's even remotely relevant to the original Celtic myths.

I think there's some Yokai as well, Yuki Onna at any rate.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post

This is how I assume it works too. Maybe in a future game the players will have the option of challenging the gym leaders in any order they want. With a leaders team changing depending on how many badges you've collected.

Further, you see a bit of free shuffling around: At least two Gym Leaders have gone on to become the regional champ, Lance promoted himself from Elite Four to champ, Koga moved into the Four, and Blue after his dramatically short reign managed to land a gig running Giovanni's old Gym.
    I wonder what gym leader has to do in order to challenge the elite four and the champion?
    A.A.A