Page 262 of 668 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272312362 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 10006
  1. #3916
    Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I hate having a cold. The pain makes me want to stab my face with a knife, which I'm pretty sure doesn't even make sense. oO
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    If it helps, I've wanted to carve out the sore bits of my body before. Or tear out my entire abdomen with my bare hands on one occasion.
    Ugh, I know how ya feel. I end up wanting to stab my face with a needle and drain out all the damn mucus.

  2. #3917
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Entity View Post
    Ugh, I know how ya feel. I end up wanting to stab my face with a needle and drain out all the damn mucus.
    Blarg, mucus.

    The day when I can replace my limbs and every organ other than the brain with streamlined bionic parts, reinforce what's left of the skeleton, stretch some skin back over the face and torso and chuck the rest can't come soon enough.

    Oh, and throw in some redundantly paired magic talismans that repair the organic and technological components when damaged and run off bits of scrap metal, seeing as I'm asking for stuff that'll never happen anyhow.

    And an Ipad in my wrist!
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  3. #3918
    McNinja Dalak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    One suspects 'near relativistic' would be defined as 'really close to teh speed of light' - not 50%, but likely 90+%. There's an actual formula out there for Blueshifting somewhere - google it, it might help.

    I suppose if one slowed down time to the point where the light was very....very...slowly....entering one's eyes, then there might be some blueshifting depending on an object's distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I always assumed that if the source of the light was moving towards you, there would ALWAYS be a degree of blue-shifting.

    It just won't necessarily be appreciable or even detectable.

    But I don't have a clue how fast you'd have to be travelling towards the source before it becomes noticeable.

    A Video Game uses a Time Suit which when it activates 'Slow Time' (described as slowing down everything but you, when all it needs to do is speed your own time) everything starts to blueshift but the sounds being emitted are still detectable, only very slow and deep with hard to understand words. He's also still observable by enemies, though very hard to hit. When enemies use it they are nearly impossible to hit without using your own time powers to even things up.

    I know this guy isn't moving 90% of light speed, nor close to 1%, but blue shifting is happening and is described as such. Bottom line: I'm trying to figure out how about fast he actually goes.

    Example Vid 1

    Example Vid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

    ......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

  4. #3919
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Strrrrreeeex
    Posts
    31,123

    Default



    Presented without comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    A Video Game uses a Time Suit which when it activates 'Slow Time' (described as slowing down everything but you, when all it needs to do is speed your own time) everything starts to blueshift but the sounds being emitted are still detectable, only very slow and deep with hard to understand words. He's also still observable by enemies, though very hard to hit. When enemies use it they are nearly impossible to hit without using your own time powers to even things up.

    I know this guy isn't moving 90% of light speed, nor close to 1%, but blue shifting is happening and is described as such. Bottom line: I'm trying to figure out how about fast he actually goes.

    Example Vid 1

    Example Vid 2
    In-game I recall the slow time ninja troopers (and you) are fast enough to dodge bullets pretty easily.

    From the protagonist's perspective (unslowed) the troopers looked Wesker-esque in their movements too.

    At least that's always what I thought of slow time as when I added it.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

  5. #3920
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  6. #3921
    McNinja Dalak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    In-game I recall the slow time ninja troopers (and you) are fast enough to dodge bullets pretty easily.

    From the protagonist's perspective (unslowed) the troopers looked Wesker-esque in their movements too.

    At least that's always what I thought of slow time as when I added it.
    Well the robots with time powers you fight are leaving streaks in the air behind them, that's a bit beyond bullet time IMO. And at least you can kill in stopped time unlike the inferior time stoppers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

    ......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

  7. #3922
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Strrrrreeeex
    Posts
    31,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Well the robots with time powers you fight are leaving streaks in the air behind them, that's a bit beyond bullet time IMO. And at least you can kill in stopped time unlike the inferior time stoppers.
    Eh, maybe you could call it high end bullet timing? I never saw it as anything more than cool effect trails.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

  8. #3923
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order
    Posts
    29,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Relatively light on the pony comments this week:
    Interesting. In the first like 5 seconds post-Opening song, we see spoilers:
    them start to come into thier racial talents a bit more. Scootaloo was hovering and flying a bit, and Sweetie Belle is sparking out the magic...
    end of spoilers

    Interesting. Did The CMC learn to teleport or did they really blind-walk her all the was across Ponyville AND Sweet Appl Acres to "a deserted part of the farm"?

    Ahhhh!! The BRONX! THAT'S where that stupid accent is from. It bothered me all episode. She sounds like the freaken Scout.

    spoilers:
    They slippled Bosom-buddies in there? That reminds me of the Xander line: We're your Bosom freinds. We're freinds of your Bosom.
    end of spoilers Here

  9. #3924
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Interesting. In the first like 5 seconds post-song, we see spoilers:
    them start to come into thier racial talents a bit more. Scootaloo was hovering and flying a bit, and Sweetie Belle is sparking out the magic...
    end of spoilers
    Applebloom... Having four legs? :P

    Ahhhh!! The BRONX! THAT'S where that stupid accent is from. It bothered me all episode. She sounds like the freaken Scout.
    Yeah, annoyingly hoarse and scratchy Bucklyn accent.

    spoilers:
    They slippled Bosom-buddies in there? That reminds me of the Xander line: We're your Bosom freinds. We're freinds of your Bosom.
    end of spoilers
    It's a perfectly valid term. Also, if Sweetie Belle is a Dictionary and Scootaloo is a Thesaurus, is Applebloom an Encyclopedia?

    Finally, edible clothes, huh?

    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  10. #3925
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order
    Posts
    29,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Applebloom... Having four legs? :P
    Yeah well the Pumpkin/Golden Apple thing didn't come in till Later.



    Yeah, annoyingly hoarse and scratchy Bucklyn accent.
    That's why it took me so long to identify. *nods*



    It's a perfectly valid term. Also, if Sweetie Belle is a Dictionary and Scootaloo is a Thesaurus, is Applebloom an Encyclopedia?
    APpleBloom WAS the Thesaurus. Now I guess they just have two of them.

    Finally, edible clothes, huh?
    Well, I suppose if they're made out of plant-based materials, they WOULD be edible to equinines...

    As long as you don't process them too much.

  11. #3926
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    APpleBloom WAS the Thesaurus. Now I guess they just have two of them.
    Maybe one of them can be The Saurus?



    It's like being "The Man" except better because Dinosaur.

    Anywho... Y'know what's coming next week?
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  12. #3927
    McNinja Dalak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    Eh, maybe you could call it high end bullet timing? I never saw it as anything more than cool effect trails.
    And all this started going in my head after I clicked the 'Blueshift' link on that Timeshift wiki . . .

    At least the Time-Stop is easy, being noted that you are outside of normal time. And Reverse Time seems like you just reversing the way you flow through time, thus being unobservable to Real-Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidania
    Thanos, after working down a bag of pot, and chugging down one of Galactus' Cosmo Beers, started spouting off hysterical nonsense about destroying the multiverse with his mightpowers. Then, while holding up one of those rubber gloves you wear while doing dishes, slurring out that it's the Infinity Gauntlet, Squirrel girl pounces him to the ground where he passes out on the spot. Uatu then comes in and congratulates SG for saving the multiverse! :D

    ......oh wait, that actualy happened. :p

  13. #3928
    Lest We Forget The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In the darkest regions of my mind
    Posts
    12,206

    Default

    Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon aren't just bullies, they're racists! Particularly against the poor, poor mules. Of course, it's so prevalent in pony society that even Rarity is racist against them.

    Though at least they don't run in terror from them and treat them like pony-eating magical monsters, unlike the poor Zebra folk.

    Who'd thought that racism would be so ingrained into a show about pastel-color ponies?
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

    - C.S. Lewis

    Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

  14. #3929
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Who'd thought that racism would be so ingrained into a show about pastel-color ponies?
    Prince Blueblood: "After last week's unfortunate media debacle, my dear Auntie Celestia has advised me to tell you all that my previous statements were a terrible misunderstanding and that I firmly believe the equality of all breeds of equine, be they Unicorn, Pegasus or inferior."
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  15. #3930
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order
    Posts
    29,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post

    Anywho... Y'know what's coming next week?
    I know what's been RUMORED to come next week. I'll Beleave it when I see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon aren't just bullies, they're racists! Particularly against the poor, poor mules. Of course, it's so prevalent in pony society that even Rarity is racist against them.

    Though at least they don't run in terror from them and treat them like pony-eating magical monsters, unlike the poor Zebra folk.

    Who'd thought that racism would be so ingrained into a show about pastel-color ponies?
    Specism. Mules, Zebras, and Donkeys seem to be a totally different species than ponies. *nods*

    Besides everyone else appologized for what might be culturally insensitive sayings. THOSE TWO are the first to not do so.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •