Page 213 of 668 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 10006

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Yeah, it's the only most perfect she can get :P
    *checks Ardelyn's martial art*

I admit, it's a good, solid, all-around choice. :)

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Explodomancy. THE best style of al.
    [Tasha] I ag...agr...yes. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    Whereas in Exalted, realistic martial arts are represented by a single rating of zero to five.

...It doesn't seem like a very good system, honestly.
    If the point is to have the crazy stuff, then it's understandable.

In Anima, people need the more realistic stuff to get through the first eight levels or so. And given that the 'realistic' stuff still allows martial artists - Tao - to go balls-to-the-walls against large groups of armed and armored fighters in nothng but their shorts if they want, 'realistic' is somewhat open to debate. But it's still all 'punch/kick/headbutt/grapple' with fancy techniques to allow one to get bonuses one wouldn't normally get, and combat weapon-armed/armored people, rather than 'I hit you with my soul', 'I hit you through your armor', 'I catch your twohanded sword-blow in the face and laugh', 'I poke you and you die', etc. :)

One thing about Anima martial arts is that it does allow for a certain amount of options while fighting. Rather than just describing your attack as such, one can actually go for a 'takedown - ground and pound - chokeout' sort of thing in a fight. There are rules for maneuvers, modifiers, etc.

Subby, am I reading something wrong in your posts in Anima when you almost took Corim up on his 'offer'?

"She dismounts, and turns to face her challenger. She says nothing, but when she unstraps her scabbard from her back, and places it amongst her things, it more than shouts her acceptance."

"She meets his stare and matches his wolfish grin with one of her own. She would feel his blood splash against her fist soon enough."

Because looking back, it almost appears as though Ardelyn was going to go hand to hand with him.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Not QUITE as good as two females mud-wrestling, but I suppose the ladies deserve some beefcake too...

Not QUITE as good as two females mud-wrestling, but I suppose the ladies deserve some beefcake too...
    It's less that than 'Going against Corim, unarmed, when unarmed isn't your speciality?' *boggles* The dude is a monster in hand to hand.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Subby, am I reading something wrong in your posts in Anima when you almost took Corim up on his 'offer'?

"She dismounts, and turns to face her challenger. She says nothing, but when she unstraps her scabbard from her back, and places it amongst her things, it more than shouts her acceptance."

"She meets his stare and matches his wolfish grin with one of her own. She would feel his blood splash against her fist soon enough."

Because looking back, it almost appears as though Ardelyn was going to go hand to hand with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's less that than 'Going against Corim, unarmed, when unarmed isn't your speciality?' *boggles* The dude is a monster in hand to hand.
    Yes she was. I know he's beastly at hand to hand, but she doesn't. Remember, she hasn't seen anyone in the group fight. After the first few minutes, though, she would've been more inclined to use her sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    After the first few minutes, though, she would've been more inclined to use her sword.
    Well, true. After he KO'd her in the first twenty seconds and she spends a bit of time unconscious, she'd probably turn to the sword.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Well, true. After he KO'd her in the first twenty seconds and she spends a bit of time unconscious, she'd probably turn to the sword.
    Well, yes >_>

I mostly want to rearm Garon as soon as possible, but I also want to test his mettle unarmed.

WHAT. COME ON.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Is everyone going to end up fighting Unarmed? And preferably not with each other?
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Is everyone going to end up fighting Unarmed? And preferably not with each other?
    Garon is currently unarmed, so we manage to avoid a fight before we get to a town, he might not have a choice.

Besides.

Did you think that disarming Garon was going to stop him from walking you down and ending your life?

Whatever. If he has to punch you do death, it just means you'll be in lots of pain for far longer.

"OH GODS. WHY DID WE DISARM HIM. OUR DEATHS WITH HAVE BEEN QUICK AND PAINFUL, BUT NOW IT IS SLOW AND AGONIZING. MY BONES ARE PULP. PLEASE KILL ME."
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You essentially asked for this.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Garon is currently unarmed, so we manage to avoid a fight before we get to a town, he might not have a choice.
    So did your super powerful armor actually survive the super-blast or not?

A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar

Y'know, I bet Picard has to deal with this a lot:

Data: "Captain, we are receiving a message from Starfleet Command, marked priority one."

Picard: "Onscreen."

Janeway: "Hello Jean-Luc, I'm an Admiral and you're not."

*Transmission ends*
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

So did your super powerful armor actually survive the super-blast or not?
    His armor is fine.

Not so much anything that wasn't his super powerful armor.