Page 207 of 668 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 10006
  1. #3091
    What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    That Place You Don't Know About
    Posts
    20,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Corim is ready whenever.

    Equally Ardy also has to realise that if she talks smack to people Corim cares about (or Avelyn) then he's going to call her on it.

    Also, if she takes a shot at Tasha, which seems to have been itching toward doing, then it is completely on.
    If Ardy takes a shot at Tasha, ut would be when she was pushed past her wits end. Given that Tasha gave her a kind ear when she broke down, she seems to be starting to see her in a kinder light.

  2. #3092
    God Of Tokusatsu Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    64,583

    Default

       ▄██||▅▅▅▃▂
       ▄███████████████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█|
    ▄██████████████████████||▅▅▃▂
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █|►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤


    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

  3. #3093
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
       ▄██||▅▅▅▃▂
       ▄███████████████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█|
    ▄██████████████████████||▅▅▃▂
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █|►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    *Sigh* Alright, who woke up the Vodak?

    *Starts hitting it with a broom*
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  4. #3094
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    *Halfway through being devoured by a bewildered, lightly battered Vodak, Omegalith realizes that was an ascii drawing of a tank rather than an representation of an eldritch abomination's speech and feels very silly*

    So I've realized that whilst I dislike rap music, I like rap music layered over videogame music or J-Pop.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  5. #3095
    Summer Lady Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In the Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    38,547

    Default

    It feels really weird to be without television for so long. Glad to have the electricity going, but still waiting on the cable tv.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

  6. #3096
    A Thinking Man's Rhino Omegalith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fort Arthenantioc, Fuclethkltetch
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    So what effect would being able to trivially download a complete education on any subject you want into your mind from a Wi-fi cloud have on society?

    "WELCOME TO LIFE, HUMAN CHILD. REPORT FOR DUTY."

    It'd probably be limited by individual intelligence to some degree: Just because you can upload a doctorate in particle physics doesn't mean you're automatically smart enough to apply that set of data fully.
    A Flock of Sheep.
    A Pack of Wolves.
    An Inconvenience of Heroes.

  7. #3097
    Summer Lady Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In the Eye of the Storm
    Posts
    38,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It feels really weird to be without television for so long. Glad to have the electricity going, but still waiting on the cable tv.
    It's strange and sad how, at night when I or my husband look out towards the mountains, we see that there are no lights at all. So many people still without power.
    • Running on Adrenaline and Sheer Willpower.
    • Trying to Stay Sane in an Insane World.
    • Why Should Time Have Wings and Not I?
    • Born in Wrong Comic Book Universe

  8. #3098
    Veteran Membah Forgotten Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegalith View Post
    So what effect would being able to trivially download a complete education on any subject you want into your mind from a Wi-fi cloud have on society?

    "WELCOME TO LIFE, HUMAN CHILD. REPORT FOR DUTY."

    It'd probably be limited by individual intelligence to some degree: Just because you can upload a doctorate in particle physics doesn't mean you're automatically smart enough to apply that set of data fully.
    It'd probably be a good supplement, sure, but experience is the best teacher.

    Just because you understand french doesn't mean you can speak it, you still have to figure out how to make all those sounds. Unless you download that in, too.

  9. #3099
    Elder Member Farealmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Farealm
    Posts
    11,097

    Default

    Well beat RE0 all legit and shit. Only died once surprisingly, but having had to accually get healing items and ammo i noticed how flawed that games detection is for picking up items. You have to be at exactly the right postion for some of them or you don't pick them up, worse the character often makes a comment about the scenery that wastes time with each attempt. And they made Rebecca way too weak in that games one hit by any enemy and she's knocked to caution. Which doesn't mix well with a game with hunters.
    Yeah I give up. They would need like a bajillion UNs to take it out. And they would all have to work.

  10. #3100
    Moderator Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    50,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Little does Corim know, that him going Bankai, is exactly what Ardy was hoping for.
    Aizedyn?

    Or is there a new, trolling Bleach villain?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    If Ardy takes a shot at Tasha, ut would be when she was pushed past her wits end. Given that Tasha gave her a kind ear when she broke down, she seems to be starting to see her in a kinder light.
    This is a good thing. Won't complain, because it's good RP. :)

    Also, anything else seems to lead to people getting hit and someone - possibly some people - flying into a murderous fury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Corim is ready whenever.

    Equally Ardy also has to realise that if she talks smack to people Corim cares about (or Avelyn) then he's going to call her on it.

    Also, if she takes a shot at Tasha, which seems to have been itching toward doing, then it is completely on.
    I can't wait until we hit a town somewhere, and everything is 'if you say/do anything bad to that person, I will kill you.'

    I'm honestly surprised, amused, and somewhat heartened by how things have turned out with the Corim/Tasha situation. Tasha will, of course, tear people limb from limb if they hurt her friends (in Corim's case, she has already killed someone, then picked them up to kill them again because that wasn't enough). I just didn't expect Corim to feel similarly. :)

    I'm kind of looking forward to the next fight, because I really haven't SEEN much fighting from the other characters. Heck, Ardy and Solomon...never. Would be nice to see what everyone can do.

    ...though preferably not against one another. :)

  11. #3101
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Aizedyn?

    Or is there a new, trolling Bleach villain?
    The Quincies have shown up with Bankai-stealing tech.

    So they pretty much went:

    "WE ARE QUINCIES FEAR US!"

    Captains: "Lol no. Bankai!"

    Quincy: "YOINK!"

    Captains: "Well, fuck."

    And yes, even with advance warning, the captains still thought that going Bankai was a good idea for some reason.
    ...Soul Society kind of got curbstomped.

    And Aizen, despite being tied up and sealed underneath the Soul Society main building managed to troll the Quincy leader by messing with his sense of time while they were talking. (Quincy leader wanted him to join them, Aizen went "Nope.".)
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  12. #3102
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order
    Posts
    29,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    And it looks like our Anima team just reached a new level of incompetent.
    What? Duesl are hyper-incompitence now? That sounds like the MOST compitent way to deal with serious problems to me. Much better than letting the problem fester anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I don't know why I even bother coming up with antagonists and obstacles.
    Mostly to give me EXP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES!

    Or, more accurately... no... wait... actually, that is completely accurate.
    That and the Truth. :)

    Ark must be just boggled at the "crack team" that was put together for this mission.

    This is kind of a fun case study for RPG as whole though. I mean, I'm aware having several mentally damaged persons on the team is kind of par for the course for an RPG but it's rare to see it played straight and taken to the obvious conclusions like this.

    Let's hope Garon the mighty and Mr Shiny Solomon can calm everyone down.
    Awwwe, no duel to the pantlessness?

    Curses!

    I'm sure we could get a mud pit if Ardelyn and Avelyn really want to duel...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Unfortunately, it got squashed. But as soon as they deliver the orb and Solomon, Jared, and Avy's bargain is upheld, Corim and Ardy will have words. You don't call her a coward and a quim and think you can get away with it because three people don't like it.
    What? You think I would interfere in a Duel of Honor??

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Is Papa Garon gonna have to make you kids hug and make up?

    Cause he will.
    That would be amusing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    I get the feeling that if Garon leaves the party for a week, a good chunk of the party is going to be dead--via foe or comrade--or left.

    Garon: Hey guys, I need to go to Mt. Dalaborn to have my blade reforged by the Iron Monks of the Quoros.

    Corim: What? They're named after you?

    Garon: Well, more like my family, but it's not a big deal. They just make our swag. Anyways, back in a week.

    Corim: MAY YOUR JOURNEY BE SAFE AND MERRY.

    *Week later*

    Garon: Hey guys, I'm--Corim.....Didn't you used to have two arms? And the pelt you are wearing reminds me of someone.

    Corim: Well, in your absence, several changes have happened. I wont bore you with the details, but Ardelyn and Avelyn shall be missed, but they shall always be with us.

    Garon: By which you mean, you are wearing their faces as a shirt?

    Corim: By which I mean I am wearing their faces as a shirt. Yes.
    OK, THAT's creepy. And probably why I bolted during the night. :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    If Garon gave a fuck, he'd call her a coward and be like "Sup with it."

    He duels for kicks, after getting drunk and tossing bars.
    And gets hyper-damage thrown into his arm. :P

    When Garon decides he does not give a fuck, he does not half ass it.

    *Cut to Garon killing an entire garrison because they fucked up next arc*
    Tasha beat you to it...

  13. #3103
    When the two Meet... The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Barracks Of the Paladins of The Eastern Order
    Posts
    29,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Also, if she takes a shot at Tasha, which seems to have been itching toward doing, then it is completely on.
    THAT sounds like it'd be less of a Duel and more of a MurderFest.

  14. #3104
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Strrrrreeeex
    Posts
    31,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It feels really weird to be without television for so long. Glad to have the electricity going, but still waiting on the cable tv.
    Glad to hear you're back to a mostly normal state Tami. Our power returned Thursday, but cable only came on the following afternoon. You should have it back soon, I hope.

    And on an unrelated note, I am disappoint at no bloodthirsty carnage.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

  15. #3105
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,032

    Default

    What's the most grandiose and over-the-top reason to challenge someone to a duel you can think of?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •