View Poll Results: Who will be the new Spidey?

Voters
248. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Andy Maguire aka Alpha

27 10.89%
  • a 616 Miles Morales

24 9.68%
  • a new Peter Parker clone

15 6.05%
  • Kaine aka Scarlet Spider

21 8.47%
  • Vin Gonzales

5 2.02%
  • Someone else entirely

156 62.90%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Doc Ock in Pete's body. SS's arrogant attitude fits Ock perfectly as well as those insults he throws to those villains. Of course, SS may as well be Norman or Kingsley.

Superior is a word that Ock has in his vocabulary. And I think Marvel is setting up Dock Ock as Spidey's greatest villain. We have heard many times about the likeness between Otto Octavius and Peter Parker, which I also think is setting Superior Spider-Man up.

Quote Originally Posted by George Taylor View Post
    Doc Ock in Pete's body. SS's arrogant attitude fits Ock perfectly as well as those insults he throws to those villains. Of course, SS may as well be Norman or Kingsley.
    There are a number of characters including friends and foes who feel superior to Pete. We'll just have to see how this plays out. I'm going to give it a chance at the very least.
    Life looks better in black and white.

Superior Spider-Man is Tiberius Stone, after sitting on the Golden Octobot the wrong way.

You read it here first~

spider-slayer is a good bet in it. even in the preview showing superior spidey analyzing the bad guys. it's like when smythe was analyzing the place during the revenge of the spider slayer arc. :o

I haven’t read #700 yet but it looks like Superior Spiderman may be Doc Ock, who has traded bodies with Peter and stolen his persona and because Doc Ock thinks that He Is Superior; well, the name fits. I have a hunch though that Superior Spiderman will only be around for 3 or 6 issues while Pete is trying to get his persona back; and then of course we will have the name and numbering changed back.
    Friend Of Ol Marvel - Nuff Said

I think it will be a Doc Ock at first. Peter in Ock's body will die and Ock will be victorious. Little does Ock know that he only put his waves on top of Peter's. Spock will slowly start to have moments where he loses control of his body, similar to a blacking out. That will be Peter slowly creeping back into control.

Why are there so many bizarre choices at the top if this topic when there's clearly a Doc Ock in a Spider-Man body? If it were any of the people at the top it would be the most out of left-field lame twist imaginable, and while Slott throws logic out of the window as casually as Spider-Man gripes that he is having sex with a hot woman, he isn't going to make any of them Spider-Man, and Scarlet Spider has his own thing going on. No one is going to tolerate Alpha and he has his own series coming as well.

It'll be Ock, what that means for Peter I dunno in the short term, it won't be permanent obviously, so I guess he either goes into stasis (but if they were going to do that with Ock's body they'd have done it) or he dies, which would be the first time he's died wouldn't it? Technically.

Or given the mumbo jumbo brain transfer thing, his mind will turn out to really be still in his real head and it eventually resurfaces. But then Ock remains dead if his body is dead. Dunno.

But it will be Ock, there is noone else around set to take up the role. And Peter has been such a pill for a long time, good riddance, I could use a vacation from sad-sack Spider-Man.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

keep in mind this thread started in september.... long before Ock and peter body swapped and right after it was announced that SSM wouldnt be peter.

My question is if it is doc ock in Pete's body than why the need for claws in hands and feet

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarriorBlake View Post
    But it will be Ock, there is noone else around set to take up the role. And Peter has been such a pill for a long time, good riddance, I could use a vacation from sad-sack Spider-Man.
    This is I feel about it. If it is in fact Ock in Pete's body. A cocky spiderman using his full power will be a breath of fresh air. Wether it's permanent or temporary.
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarriorBlake View Post
    Why are there so many bizarre choices at the top if this topic when there's clearly a Doc Ock in a Spider-Man body? If it were any of the people at the top it would be the most out of left-field lame twist imaginable, and while Slott throws logic out of the window as casually as Spider-Man gripes that he is having sex with a hot woman, he isn't going to make any of them Spider-Man, and Scarlet Spider has his own thing going on. No one is going to tolerate Alpha and he has his own series coming as well.

It'll be Ock, what that means for Peter I dunno in the short term, it won't be permanent obviously, so I guess he either goes into stasis (but if they were going to do that with Ock's body they'd have done it) or he dies, which would be the first time he's died wouldn't it? Technically.

Or given the mumbo jumbo brain transfer thing, his mind will turn out to really be still in his real head and it eventually resurfaces. But then Ock remains dead if his body is dead. Dunno.

A pill? Sad-sack Spider-Man? Wow, you haven't read that many Spidey comics, huh?

IF it is somebody else in Peter's body. How disturbing is it that they will be hooking up with MJ? That's a new level of low. As for the question about the claws and strange feet, I guess that will be explained in the epilogue, Avenging Spider-Man #15.1.

If Doc Ock is Spidey, maybe he feels he'd be superior if he fought with those claws.

I'd imagine that Pete gets his body back, but with all of Ock's memories, so it's just Peter in there, but the lingering taint of Ock's presence fundamentally changes our friendly neighborhood Spoderman.