View Poll Results: Who will be the new Spidey?

Voters
248. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Andy Maguire aka Alpha

27 10.89%
  • a 616 Miles Morales

24 9.68%
  • a new Peter Parker clone

15 6.05%
  • Kaine aka Scarlet Spider

21 8.47%
  • Vin Gonzales

5 2.02%
  • Someone else entirely

156 62.90%
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

I'm really curious to who this will be. Also, what do you think will happen to Peter Parker?

This is a post from another forum, but it's so well-written and convincing (imo) that I thought I'd link to it (and I guess we'll see if the Mods keep it...if not, google SSM identity and it's near the top).

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/stri...tion/87-86981/

Given the claws and the feet, and the little hints that have been dropped, I can't believe that this is just coincidence, and won't be involved again.

With this in mind, I think that I agree with it being Smythe, or more likely, Peter, via the golden octobot or some equivalent, pops his brain into a Smythe spider-slayer.
    Last edited by bjtrdff; 12-10-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff View Post
    This is a post from another forum, but it's so well-written and convincing (imo) that I thought I'd link to it (and I guess we'll see if the Mods keep it...if not, google SSM identity and it's near the top).

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/stri...tion/87-86981/

Given the claws and the feet, and the little hints that have been dropped, I can't believe that this is just coincidence, and won't be involved again.

With this in mind, I think that I agree with it being Smythe, or more likely, Peter, via the golden octobot or some equivalent, pops his brain into a Smythe spider-slayer.
    defiantly has a convincing argument. after reading that im might be inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by kr3wman View Post
    Thanks, my computer was loading slow

I was reading Amazing fantasy 15 last night and I noticed the kid who say's "Look Mom there's a man climbing the wall"! Maybe he grew up to be the Superior Spider-man lol.

Ock, it's definitely Ock
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Peter with all of the knowledge he's gained from ock's mind
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

several post deleted

I know some of you saw those two leaked pages from SSM #1, but we arent discussing them until they are released by marvel. Currently, it seems that the issue they are in isnt available at retail. We wont be discussing what you saw until such time.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    several post deleted

I know some of you saw those two leaked pages from SSM #1, but we arent discussing them until they are released by marvel. Currently, it seems that the issue they are in isnt available at retail. We wont be discussing what you saw until such time.
    Booooo.... but fine. but still BOOOO!!
    :)

I heard this in another thread, and I would LOVE it if it were true.

And he "hates kids" like it said in the Avenging solicit!
    Last edited by KurtW95; 12-12-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genixx View Post
    Booooo.... but fine. but still BOOOO!!
    :)
    Its all good now, its from a preview issue that was suppose to release along side your comics today.... as its after 10am.... its all good for discussion now.

Shogun of the Dork roguegenerator's Avatar

I'm betting that Peter, while trapped in Doc Ock's body, genetically engineers a new body for himself to allow him to fight Ock in his original body. During the fight, Peter negates the Ock-Peter's spider powers. At some point, Peter and Ock switch minds again, leaving Peter back in his powerless original body and Ock in the genetically engineered super-powered body. Considering that both Ock and Peter have been privy to each other's minds, they reach a new understanding of each other and Peter, knowing the world still needs a Spider-Man, challenges Ock to live up to his legacy. Ock will say that he'll do one better, he'll surpass it; hence, the Superior Spider-Man.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Doctor Octopus.

After discovering that his arch-nemesis has access to both innumerrable scientific resources and a hot model, he'll force his psyche into Pete's body, leaving Spidey with mere days left in Otto's dying body.
    I would love it to be Miguel O'Hara, but you might be right on this.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 12-12-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooper View Post
    Doctor Octopus.

After discovering that his arch-nemesis has access to both innumerrable scientific resources and a hot model, he'll force his psyche into Pete's body, leaving Spidey with mere days left in Otto's dying body.
    The most probable possibility.
    But I think the ego of Otto is too much big to tolerate being called "Peter" over and over again. He always has wanted the acknowledgment for Otto Octavius, not for Peter Parker.
    Part Kryptonian, Part Asgardian, all Genius.

i was doing some thinking on this last nite... even though its starting to look like it might be a parker/ock combination.. i was thinking.. what IF his boss Max at Horizon labs go involved in all of this and finally learned Parkers dual identity? and after peter got back into his own body (or not)..and there were some after effects that they used that "dimensional door".. or door of tomorrow as grady called it.. to try and fix things. there was also annual #39 that spider got erased from history. what if these things got pulled into play? it could explain some of the reasons for the claws and lens. meddling with history can screw up a few things. :)