View Poll Results: Who will be the new Spidey?

Voters
248. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Andy Maguire aka Alpha

27 10.89%
  • a 616 Miles Morales

24 9.68%
  • a new Peter Parker clone

15 6.05%
  • Kaine aka Scarlet Spider

21 8.47%
  • Vin Gonzales

5 2.02%
  • Someone else entirely

156 62.90%
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    What I took from it, is that somehow Morbius fixes the old Doc Ock Body. Peter then "kills himself" while still in Doc Ock's body. Then SSM is Peter in Octopus' body. Hence why he needs claws to wall crawl. Just kind of what I took from it as a possibility.

I like this theory.

Not sure if someone already proposed this theory, but if not, I think that the new Spidey will be Peter Octavius. Or maybe it should be Otto Parker? Anyway, these two minds meshed into one giving us something new and maybe better. Depending on which qualities from these two are dominant in this new personality.

This way you have someone who is not Peter and still is Peter. You eat cake and still have it too.

Not sure if this has been posted, but on another board, someone who just re-read the entire run made a VERY convincing case for Alistair Smythe, who now has spider-powers, and the same hand claws and weird foot.

From today's Axel In Charge with Wacker:

It's probably similar to what happened with Ben Reilly back in the day. And fans seem to want him back.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 12-07-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Genixx View Post
    well, i see morbius biting spiderman in that picture. so, if its he gets the vampire 'genes'... that could cause some side effects that might cause the claws. Plus, with the comments ive seen about the lens on the new suit..it could be a sensitivity to light issue. maybe something else.

so, im thinking...which hurts... spider/ock gets bit and all these side effects happen giving us the "superior spiderman" that we have seen. peter doesnt get his body back at the end of the ASM run and spends the Superior run trying to regain his 'life'.

OR

at the end of ASM pete regains his body from Ock, with the vampire effects, and the Superior series is based on 'Vampire' Spiderman and trying to regain his life. And couping with all the negative effects of the Morbius bite.

a VERY interesting theory, and one that I can believe!

(knowing Marvel.........you probably just hit the nail SQUARE on the head!)
    The World's #1 Felicia Hardy/BlackCat Fan!!

The new Spiderman will be the Superior Peter Parker.

My theory is that the person we've all known as Peter Parker was somehow altered early-on in his life. Limited in some way from being all he can be. An unintended consequence of the "brain rewiring" will release him from the limits mentally imposed upon him, and he'll then be superior to what he's always been.

Maybe Ben and Peter "WAS" the clone after all!!!!! Ben has been locked up in the same room all these years where May was found.

Is their really a need for a new Spiderman? I understand reboots but if Superior Spider-Man is discarding Peter Parker and basically starting from scratch character wise how does that not alienate the fanbase? The last thing comics should be doing is throwing away well known characters.

I was just thinking that the new Spidey could be Hobie Brown (the Prowler).

I think it could be Peter Parker's mind in Miguel o'Hara's body!
    Reading List
    All New X-Factor/X-Men

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
    Is their really a need for a new Spiderman? I understand reboots but if Superior Spider-Man is discarding Peter Parker and basically starting from scratch character wise how does that not alienate the fanbase? The last thing comics should be doing is throwing away well known characters.
    Basically everyone's concern. I think though Peter Parker will be demoted to a supporting character at worst. Otherwise... Bleh.
    Bad news everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, after reading Amazing Spider-Man #699, what if the Superior Spider-Man winds up being:

The Trapster, aka Paste Pot Pete? Laughable, I know but notice that he has the exact same initials as Peter Parker (his real name is Peter Petruski), that he's a scientific and technical genius just like Peter, his sticky goo could easily be remade into webbing, and he wears goggles which suspiciously look like the eye lenses of the Superior Spider-Man? Keep in mind, I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be him, nor do I think it will be him; but even so, you can see some VERY interesting comparisons and parallels already.
    Wow ! by george, i think he's got it. I can totally see this happening. Out of desperation Peter in a last ditch effort puts his mind into the trapster's body. But...does that mean what I think it means for Trapster's mind? Would Peter be willing to play switcheroo with someone's mind like that, even if that someone was a villain? I highly doubt it but..

Maybe Peter, being the genius that he is, comes up with an Alternative that doesn't sacrafice Trapster's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by theOther View Post
    What I took from it, is that somehow Morbius fixes the old Doc Ock Body. Peter then "kills himself" while still in Doc Ock's body. Then SSM is Peter in Octopus' body. Hence why he needs claws to wall crawl. Just kind of what I took from it as a possibility. I like this theory.
    You mean the fat old man body??? cmon, no way. and why would Peter kill Morbius especially after he helped him. Sorry. Thats not a good theory at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirspidermonkey View Post
    You mean the fat old man body??? cmon, no way. and why would Peter kill Morbius especially after he helped him. Sorry. Thats not a good theory at all.
    Nah, this is my thought as well. Morbius will fix the Ock body by making him into a vampire, complete with claws, and sensitivity to sunlight, requiring the weird new lenses. Thus, Superior Spider-Man is Peter in Ock's now strong, youthful, vampire body, constantly wrestling with the loss of his old life and relationships, and the need to feeeeeeed.

OK! I GOT IT! I'm pretty sure Dan Slott hinted at Curt Connors at the Amazing Spider-Man Panel in NYCC. He said the first arc of Superior Spider-Man will be called 'Hero or Menacccccccceeeee' HE WAS HINTING AT THE LIZARD!!!!! He said it with a lot of 's's
    SPIDEY=GOD