View Poll Results: Who will be the new Spidey?

Voters
248. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Andy Maguire aka Alpha

27 10.89%
  • a 616 Miles Morales

24 9.68%
  • a new Peter Parker clone

15 6.05%
  • Kaine aka Scarlet Spider

21 8.47%
  • Vin Gonzales

5 2.02%
  • Someone else entirely

156 62.90%
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_O'Hara_Morales View Post
    I don't understand how that hints at the Superior Spider-Man. Could you explain please?
    What I took from it, is that somehow Morbius fixes the old Doc Ock Body. Peter then "kills himself" while still in Doc Ock's body. Then SSM is Peter in Octopus' body. Hence why he needs claws to wall crawl. Just kind of what I took from it as a possibility.

I agree with the Morbius theory, I think he will escape to exact revenge on Spider-man (who is ock at the moment) and choose to help Ock (Peter) be rejuvenated. As far as SSM goes I do think it will be Peter, mentally that is. Right now I think he might be stuck in Ock's body after he's forced to destroy his body to stop Ock in 700. I think that his new aggressive attitude will be due to his no one dies ordeal, if he would have let Ock die he wouldn't be in this mess; I think that will be a story line SSM will deal with for the first portion of it's run.

Has there been anything that explicitly said it's not Alpha? I know there's a mini coming out for him, but that could just be the exposition, how he dealt with losing his powers and replaced Spidey. It seems like it's probably Alpha at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Has there been anything that explicitly said it's not Alpha? I know there's a mini coming out for him, but that could just be the exposition, how he dealt with losing his powers and replaced Spidey. It seems like it's probably Alpha at this point.
    Well, IMO just by looking at the artwork, SSM is still drawn to be around peter's size and build. Alpha is smaller and scrawnier. Just a shallow observation, could very well be alpha even though I think he's supposed to move to Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by ljstark View Post
    I agree with the Morbius theory, I think he will escape to exact revenge on Spider-man (who is ock at the moment) and choose to help Ock (Peter) be rejuvenated. As far as SSM goes I do think it will be Peter, mentally that is. Right now I think he might be stuck in Ock's body after he's forced to destroy his body to stop Ock in 700. I think that his new aggressive attitude will be due to his no one dies ordeal, if he would have let Ock die he wouldn't be in this mess; I think that will be a story line SSM will deal with for the first portion of it's run.
    I also think that it has to be Peter based on another surface. I was looking at the preview for Superior #1 and I realized that the Superior spider-man shoots his webs just as Amazing does. I personally attribute that mannerism directly to Peter or a peter clone; none of the other Spider-people in marvel shoot webs like that. One could say that is because of the web shooters but only peter has them and only max modell would be able to get them without peter's permission and only in dire circumstances, I don't think he would just hand them over to anyone to attempt a run at being spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_O'Hara_Morales View Post
    I don't understand how that hints at the Superior Spider-Man. Could you explain please?
    well, i see morbius biting spiderman in that picture. so, if its he gets the vampire 'genes'... that could cause some side effects that might cause the claws. Plus, with the comments ive seen about the lens on the new suit..it could be a sensitivity to light issue. maybe something else.

so, im thinking...which hurts... spider/ock gets bit and all these side effects happen giving us the "superior spiderman" that we have seen. peter doesnt get his body back at the end of the ASM run and spends the Superior run trying to regain his 'life'.

OR

at the end of ASM pete regains his body from Ock, with the vampire effects, and the Superior series is based on 'Vampire' Spiderman and trying to regain his life. And couping with all the negative effects of the Morbius bite.

Vampire Spidey would be weird and dark as Slott stated so I can see that. But, I do also believe Slott when he says Peter Parker will not be Superior; I think that part of that has to be true in some way. I think from a physical perspective it can't be Peter Parker's body...

Well, after reading Amazing Spider-Man #699, what if the Superior Spider-Man winds up being:

The Trapster, aka Paste Pot Pete? Laughable, I know but notice that he has the exact same initials as Peter Parker (his real name is Peter Petruski), that he's a scientific and technical genius just like Peter, his sticky goo could easily be remade into webbing, and he wears goggles which suspiciously look like the eye lenses of the Superior Spider-Man? Keep in mind, I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be him, nor do I think it will be him; but even so, you can see some VERY interesting comparisons and parallels already.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Vampire Spidey would be weird and dark as Slott stated so I can see that. But, I do also believe Slott when he says Peter Parker will not be Superior; I think that part of that has to be true in some way. I think from a physical perspective it can't be Peter Parker's body...
    or slott could be throwing a swerve there saying "its not peter parker" ..its not really.. its "vampire peter parker".

Quote Originally Posted by Genixx View Post
    or slott could be throwing a swerve there saying "its not peter parker" ..its not really.. its "vampire peter parker".
    True... So if it's Twilight-Spider then we assume he loses spider-sense and ability to stick to walls; gains enhanced strength?

True... So if it's Twilight-Spider then we assume he loses spider-sense and ability to stick to walls; gains enhanced strength?
    personally, i think the vampire thing has been done to death. that and zombies - no pun intended.

If Pete were a vampire that would explain the googles. He is sensitive to the sun or something.
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    THIS. I read the Daredevil solit that mentions Doc Ock helping Stilt Man, and Spider Man teams with Daredevil in the issue...I think we'll get a run of Ock playing secret super villain in Pete's body, which will help to re-establish Pete as public enemy #1 with the law once he's back (assuming Slott chooses to go that route).
    Long time listener...I've been reading all these theories, and really enjoying this thread, but a lightbulb just went on after this quote. I think you're exactly right, and the reason we'll be seeing more third-rate villains (Stilt Man and apparently Big Wheel and others coming up...) is that Peter (in a healing Doc Ock's body) needs help to get his body back from Otto, but he can't get anyone on the side of the angels to believe him. On the other hand, he doesn't want to recruit any villains he considers a serious threat. Hence the second-stringers. My weird guess right now is we will still see Peter in every issue of Superior, with the unknowing assistance of these cut-rate villains, trying to get his body back. So Parker fans don't need to get TOO upset.

I agree Otto will try to be a little more underhanded rather than going out and committing crimes as the new Spider-Man.

Am I nuts? Could be fun though.
    Last edited by MonsterKit; 12-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, after reading Amazing Spider-Man #699, what if the Superior Spider-Man winds up being:

The Trapster, aka Paste Pot Pete? Laughable, I know but notice that he has the exact same initials as Peter Parker (his real name is Peter Petruski), that he's a scientific and technical genius just like Peter, his sticky goo could easily be remade into webbing, and he wears goggles which suspiciously look like the eye lenses of the Superior Spider-Man? Keep in mind, I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be him, nor do I think it will be him; but even so, you can see some VERY interesting comparisons and parallels already.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy your theories and insights - but that's gotta be the most ludicrous theory yet

...would still buy Superior Spider-Man if that happened

Black Suit SPiderman ftw!!!