View Poll Results: Who will be the new Spidey?

Voters
248. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Andy Maguire aka Alpha

27 10.89%
  • a 616 Miles Morales

24 9.68%
  • a new Peter Parker clone

15 6.05%
  • Kaine aka Scarlet Spider

21 8.47%
  • Vin Gonzales

5 2.02%
  • Someone else entirely

156 62.90%
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Mayday Parker

An amnesiac Peter Parker wit no restriction about punching hard his enemies, but no killing.

Looks like Alpha is out of the running.

My guess is now 1. Phil, 2. Peter, 3. Migul, 4. Harry

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Ooooh!Ooooh!Ooooh! Mr.Kotter, Mr.KOTT-ER!, We missed the most obvious choice, Eugene Patillo- The Fabulous Frog-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Frog View Post
    Ooooh!Ooooh!Ooooh! Mr.Kotter, Mr.KOTT-ER!, We missed the most obvious choice, Eugene Patillo- The Fabulous Frog-Man.
    And what of Ollie Osnick, the Steel Spider? Surely he's built himself a robot arm by now...
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

What about Roderick Kingsley after all he was the Devil spider and we all know that he has the hots for MJ. Peter could have given him a taste of his own medicine by using the Hobgoblin mind control device, to throw the scent of himself as Spider-man.

I woke up this morning and it hit me. It's gonna be T'Challa.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

I'd personally prefer Harry out of all the choices mentioned.

BTW - I haven't been following closely, so this may not be possible, but is there a chance we might not find out who the new spider-man is until several issues into the new series?
    Last edited by JonathanSK; 11-03-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanSK View Post

BTW - I haven't been following closely, so this may not be possible, but is there a chance we might not find out who the new spider-man is until several issues into the new series?
    I really doubt that they'd do that. In fact, I'd be surprised if we didn't know before Christmas.

A young Jonah Jameson clone
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanSK View Post

Hahah, with how Marvel handles spoilers right now, we're bound to know at least two weeks before the issue comes out, and if Marvel doesn't spoil it, then Dan Slott's style of going from plot point A to cool-scene D will make it so we know by page 12.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

I'm 90% sure it's Phil Urich after the Hobgoblin War thing.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

Not sure it this actually means anything, but either this is just this particular artists' best guess or maybe he knows something we don't.

http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/p-C120171.html
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Peter Parker. But in body only. Doc Ock and Peter's minds merge.

I posted this somewhere else...

My picks, in order of most to least likely and why.

My Suspect List in order:

1. Phil.
    My theory: Dan has been pretty adamant that it won't be Peter after #700. Phil has been a hero more than he's been a villain. He served as a 'darker and weirder' version of Peter during Big Time. He made his return with the first issue of Big Time. He's the type who would kiss Mary-Jane and he has a habit of stealing established identities - Green Goblin and Hobgoblin.

2. Peter.
    My theory: It will be Peter, either changed by the experiences of #700 where he is forced to kill Ock, or having to fool the public after his identity is exposed. The 'not Peter Parker' stuff Marvel have been throwing around is a red herring and is referring to how he is in a different frame of mind, similar to how it is a 'new' Dan Slott writing the book.

3. Doctor Octopus
    My theory: As seen in #600, Ock does have some desire to do good. That golden octobot somehow allows him to enter Peter's body, and forces Peter into his. Peter dies and Ock uses his new lease on life to do good and score with the hot women that used to ignore him. Being a supervillain, he is 'dark and weird' and will eventually unravel as time goes on. Peter will return at some point (ASM2) to defeat Ock and Spidey fans will get their Knightfall, only it'll be much cooler.

4. Harry Osborn
    My theory: Harry will return, it will be revealed that he found out who Peter was in #599 (They reminded everyone about American Son in a letters column recently, I believe) and that is why he was distant in #600. After Peter's circumstances change in #700, Harry will take on the role. Harry is darker than Peter, and may still have feelings for Mary-Jane. I remember it being hinted that MJ was going to help him raise a baby during BND but the idea seemed to get quickly shelved.

5. Alpha.
    My theory: Alpha becomes the new Spider-Man. He's darker than Peter. He was in the 50th anniversary issue, his origin is getting re-printed already and he's getting a mini-series.

6. Miguel.
    My theory: 'cos of the tweet.

7/8/9/10. Vin/Kaine/Flash/Miles Morales.
    My theory: Just hedging my bets, these guys are outside chances but I don't see it being any of them as #7 hasn't been in for a long time while #8 and #9 still have their own on-goings post #700. Miles has only been mentioned in one panel in a mini not written by Dan, and it would just be bizarre and out of left field to make him the new Spidey. Only Miguel is a weirder choice.