Page 55 of 73 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Paging Rich Johnston, paging Rich Johnston. You're "reliable source" was wrong, as were your "fact checkers."
    No they were not. My reliable source was right and so were my fact checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Something about this whole thing stinks (although the miasma that constantly surrounds Marvel does tend to rub off onto its comics) ...

-First it was the early CBR interviews that had the editors and staff laughing off "the End of X-Factor" like it was some kind of joke;
    -PAD's constant twitters that all is not what it appears;
    -The hint that some great change to the line was coming;
    - The news of a cancellation, but even implying it might mean something entirely different;
    - Even PAD's personal message to the fans that X-Factor was -in fact- done while his kid wailed in the background. Am I the only one who thought that whole performance seemed horribly contrived and phoney?

I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart (and currently off my meds) and maybe need some shred of hope that X-Factor isn't actually done. If it really is; I have to tell you, the way Marvel AND Mr. David handled the whole thing left a real sour taste in my mouth. What a lousy way to treat your fanbase...
    I agree, the way it was handled initially made me think that is was just going to be a fake-out and possibly a renumbering. The joking around about it kinda feels like salt in the wounds now. :/

Quote Originally Posted by RichJohnston View Post
    Ya know Rich, until now, I could never understand why so many people have a problem with you. Thanks for making it clear.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Well I will join in on the /sadface. I suppose now I get why Marvel didn't really hype the anniversary with the variant cover. It seems like the Hell on Earth War is PADs gift to himself, wrapping up a story he wanted to do years ago. And cleaning up the loose plot ends a bit of a gift to fans. No doubt the Longshot/Shatterstar connection is one of his most requested. But I imagine it's a bit of everything. His health. Marvel NOW eatting into sales. The chance to work on Spiderman 2099. Think I have the original of that one.

Seems like with Xtreme and Xfactor canceling, they'd either hope people would drift to on of the newer titles. And if that doesn't happen, reboot something. Maybe they can tell between now and September if that will be possible. I hadn't picked up Legion because I thought the concept was a little close to what PAD had previously done with Madrox. I may give it a look.

I am going to miss his Layla. I'm not sure I see anyone else writing her and I was eventually hoping to see her interact with Bishop. They are kinda polar opposites. One tries not to change things and one does.

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    Ya know Rich, until now, I could never understand why so many people have a problem with you. Thanks for making it clear.
    Why? He was mocked and was proven right.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

Quote Originally Posted by 1derer View Post
    If I were to call you a liar and you were not, I'd expect you to contradict me.

BANNED

If I were to call you a liar and you were not, I'd expect you to contradict me.
    Please, Rich. This is not the place to pat oneself on the back. This is horrible news!

Fekt MARVEL, vehjkas. Solitaryhawk's Avatar

It's true. You were absolutely correct and deserve the recognition you apparently expect and desire (insert distracted half-assed applause here). Don't let it go to your head (the one above your shoulders instead of to the appendage everyone accuses you of being). We're all broken-hearted here and don't need you Riverdancing on the grave.

Retired

David Yardin uploaded the cover for next issue in full. Spectacular.

PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Festive!

Wow, M is making a big show out of it, gee...

As usual, what a wonderful piece of artwork. Simply stunning.

Now, let's see who are depicted in the blood runes: Layla, Polaris, Longshot, Rictor, Shatterstar, and who is that at the top? Rahne doesn't have pointy ears, so is that Jezebel? Six characters (survivors?) and only six individual-character driven issues to go (after 256). Hmmm...

Retired

I think it is Rahne. That's how Yardin draws her, compare with this, for example:

PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I think it is Rahne. That's how Yardin draws her,
    GAWD! Will that woman never die? Where's a gun with a silver bullet when you need one? I was SO hoping she was among the dead. Thanks for crushing my hopes, .AČ!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    GAWD! Will that woman never die? Where's a gun with a silver bullet when you need one? I was SO hoping she was among the dead. Thanks for crushing my hopes, .AČ!

>.>
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco