Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Well the affects of Remender's X-Force book have had consequences outside of that book, what Scott is doing is mattering outside of his book, meanwhile pretty much 100% of what PAD has done on his book could be retconned and wouldn't really change much.
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    lol the most unexpected character to become a Hell Lord would be like Longshot
    XD

Yes, that would be fun. Tempting to make a survivor thread for X-Factor for who gets the title.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    meanwhile pretty much 100% of what PAD has done on his book could be retconned and wouldn't really change much.
    Maybe that's why PAD and X-Factor have nothing much to do with the rest of the MU.

Even when they did, they have been affected in small ways. I take it you haven't read Children's Crusade? Quicksilver early on in the series was greatly influenced by X-Factor and that crossed over into other books too.

Quote Originally Posted by .A² View Post
    Well, we've seen the following page previewed in a prior Axel-In-Charge. Doesn't look good for any of them:

Here's a link to this week's preview for those who've not yet seen it. Lorna's pretty great in it.
    Well that is a stomp looks like the only one who can put up a fight are Darwin, Siryn and Jezebel
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    Maybe that's why PAD and X-Factor have nothing much to do with the rest of the MU.

Even when they did, they have been affected in small ways. I take it you haven't read Children's Crusade? Quicksilver early on in the series was greatly influenced by X-Factor and that crossed over into other books too.
    But again being that disconnected can be a double edged sword...
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well the book isn't exactly selling out and forcing double printing, iirc it's one of the lowest selling books that Marvel has...

I'm fine with X-Factor being isolated.

I think it's been too far from mutants lately. I'm fine with it being isolated from the other books, but I'd still like to read about mutants more than Hell Lords. Sometimes I miss District X.
    [x]

I agree! MLF, Mojoworld, Children of the Vault, Acolytes, The Neo; bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    I think it's been too far from mutants lately. I'm fine with it being isolated from the other books, but I'd still like to read about mutants more than Hell Lords. Sometimes I miss District X.
    I agree. X-Factor did the "integrated Marvel Universe" thing before AvX and warned me how boring the rest of Marvel's catalogue is. Come Uncanny Avengers I was already prepared.

There are just too many big and great things in the X-Books right now that I wish there was a mutual acknowledgment between X-Factor and the rest of the line.
    wood / bkv / coipel / pichelli / staples / del mundo
    flagship x-men // avengers undercover // saga // private eye

I would love to see X-Factor interact with Uncanny X-Force and X-Men Legacy right now.

BANNED

Can someone "sell me" on this book? I'm going to get the first volume anyway, but I tend to get skeptical of books that are so universally praised. Why do you guys love X-Factor, basically?

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Can someone "sell me" on this book? I'm going to get the first volume anyway, but I tend to get skeptical of books that are so universally praised. Why do you guys love X-Factor, basically?
    Here's why I love it:

1. Only a handful of writers have worked with these characters, so they are very consistent in their development. For example, Peter David is the only writer to do anything significant with Madrox, so every moment in the character's 30+ year history is relevant to the current character. This doesn't mean that you need to know his entire 30 year history, but if you happened to read an issue 4 years ago where Madrox learned Chinese, you can be sure he will still know Chinese in the next issue. Warpath knew how to fly at one time- he doesn't anymore (just sayin').

2. The book has solid storytelling elements: humor, mystery, and heart. Most issues end too early, and you can't wait to find out what happens next. The plot moves at a good pace.

3. The characters are well written, each have a unique voice, and their interactions with each other are entertaining. There are times when I'd rather read about them hanging out with each other than fighting bad guys. I feel like I know them and would love, for example, to hang out with Rictor and get a drink.

4. Layla. She's a unique character that doubles as an important plot too because she "knows stuff" about the future. It keeps the stories interesting.

5. It's consistent. The book comes out regularly, and frequently. I hate waiting too long between issues (especially because they always seem too short), so it's nice to be able to count on a book dropping on time, and frequently early (there have been many months where two issues will ship).

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

That being said, I do love the x-universe in general and I am tired to X-Factor being so far away from it. During PAD's 1st run, there used to be plenty of involvement: MLF, X-Force guest stars, random Xavier references, etc. I keep waiting for the Mojo World arc that PAD promised us so that we can get reintegrated with X-lore again!