View Poll Results: Who do you want to survie

Voters
175. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Hazmat

82 46.86%
  • Mettle

72 41.14%
  • Reptil

50 28.57%
  • X-23

101 57.71%
  • Juston

53 30.29%
  • Sentinel

47 26.86%
  • Cammi

43 24.57%
  • Darkhawk

70 40.00%
  • Nico

98 56.00%
  • Chase

65 37.14%
  • One of the new characters

22 12.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

The poll has no option for "over concerned fans dying of stress related heart failure". Those are really the only people I hope survive the event.

Everyone in the book itself can die as they please.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I know for 100% certain that characters are going to die during this series. I, as a casual reader and on a personal level, don't want some of them to be killed off. But this is my analysis on the situation.

- All the Runaways should be safe. In all likelihood: they have one of the higher chances of making appearances elsewhere or getting a new mini-series or ongoing. It wouldn't be the same if one of them died... again. These characters appeal to people, why? It's funny and interesting placing a group of "real world" teenagers in a world with superheroes and seeing them react to the outrageous concepts.

- X-23 is pretty safe as the biggest and most well-known name on the roster. She's also the most marketable with appearances ranging from Marvel vs Capcom 3 to tv shows.

- Darkhawk is about 50-50. I can see a writer placing him on a team or taking him into space, but he's not gonna carry his own title or anything.

- Reptil and Juston have a pretty high chance to die. I can't imagine anyone doing anything with Juston, especially if you noticed his massive absence before his reappearance. Reptil has been spotted a few times in different media and has a few fans, but I feel his death would show the seriousness of the situation.

- Mettle is a fan-favorite with Avengers Academy readers. He aspires to do good and be a hero; likable surfer personality; and filled with youth and a little naivety. I honestly don't know, but I feel like he would die before Hazmat would.

- Hazmat has a decent chance to die. A sidenote about the character: you probably won't attract readers if you're grouchy, angry, pessimistic, or just harsh to people. We have characters like Maria Hill and Sunfire that are clear examples of that. But she has something that makes her more understandable and, hopefully, people will sympathize with her, "She's young, lost all capablities to have normal human interaction, and has to live in a suit for the rest of her life. Imagine Rogue from the X-men, except if she couldn't walk around in normal clothes with gloves on and was forced to wear a containment suit." She's actually a likable character if you read all the Avengers Academy run and get an idea how she feels.

- I don't know much about Cammi and probably shouldn't say anything.
    Last edited by Whiterabbit; 11-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    The poll has no option for "over concerned fans dying of stress related heart failure". Those are really the only people I hope survive the event.

Everyone in the book itself can die as they please.
    LOL.

I think this book should be sold with defibrillators.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I had forgotten about Drax, but there are others that would be at least as nasty about some of those folks dying. Would Arcade be a snack or a meal for Old Lace?
    There's a really good chance Old Lace will be on the island. Chase controls him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    There's a really good chance Old Lace will be on the island. Chase controls him right now.
    But only if Arcade brought Chase. The main reason (from a writing standpoint, IMO) that Chase received control over Old Lace was to give him a method of fighting. Now that he's got his electric and flame gloves, he might not need her, so Arcade might have chosen to leave her on the main land. Which could lead to an interesting way for the other Runaways to find the island, if Old Lace leads them...
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

The fans have spoken. I want Hazmat in my marvel books hereafter. I think that Hazmat and Mettle's relationship is one of those things that only comics can provide, we got to know the characters and appreciate them on a human level. I was touched and brought to tears, I hate to admit it but it's true. These are very fascinating characters that deserve to keep going. Christos Gage made me care and understand these characters, I really do hope that Avengers Arena doesn't wreck that.

I 'don't think Laura is Safe, The fact that she is the most popular and the most liklely ot make it out alive means she is perfect for a shock kill
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Probably followed at some point with a miraculous revive.
    Darkhawk or a Runaway are likely to die, and for good. Or some other character who is painfully endearing early on, or meant to be.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Probably followed at some point with a miraculous revive.
    Darkhawk or a Runaway are likely to die, and for good. Or some other character who is painfully endearing early on, or meant to be.
    Please Let it be chase.
    I'm so bored with this martyrdom routine, this halo all you X-men love to polish. Self-described soldiers adorned in an "X" with no dedication to what it actually stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Please Let it be chase.
    With the exception of Klara who I know little about, Chase is the Runaway I like the least BY FAAAAAR. I'd rather they bring in a new Runaway.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Killing off Chase and Nico would certainly make the dismantling of the Runaways...easier.
    And in doing so, the remaining Runaways characters could potentially be dispersed into alternative titles, to which they've previously made plausible connections with other characters/continuity.

For example, Karolina's absence could be explained by her pursuit of relationship with Julie.
    Klara and Molly might pursue a home at the Jean Grey Institute, or possibly the Future Foundation?
    Victor could potentially join the Young Avengers, given his legacy status as Ultron's son and Pym's grandson.

Chase and Nico are really the only two characters intrinsically bound to the "Runaways" concept at this point, and the title has been a topic of conern for both fans and Marvel bigwigs for quite some time now.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they wind up casualties.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Killing off Chase and Nico would certainly make the dismantling of the Runaways...easier.
    And in doing so, the remaining Runaways characters could potentially be dispersed into alternative titles, to which they've previously made plausible connections with other characters/continuity.

For example, Karolina's absence could be explained by her pursuit of relationship with Julie.
    Klara and Molly might pursue a home at the Jean Grey Institute, or possibly the Future Foundation?
    Victor could potentially join the Young Avengers, given his legacy status as Ultron's son and Pym's grandson.

Chase and Nico are really the only two characters intrinsically bound to the "Runaways" concept at this point, and the title has been a topic of conern for both fans and Marvel bigwigs for quite some time now.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if they wind up casualties.
    Keep Nico around and make her Strange's reluctant apprentice.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 11-06-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Keep Nico around and make her Strange's reluctant apprentice.
    I'm not saying I want it and I'm not saying I like it....but if you think about it...they're the glue of that group.
    Losing them would free up the remaining characters, which may be what Marvel intends for them.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    I'm not saying I want it and I'm not saying I like it....but if you think about it...they're the glue of that group.
    Losing them would free up the remaining characters, which may be what Marvel intends for them.
    Very true. I'm just not sure where Marvel can go with the Runaways story. For years, I've felt theirs was really meant to be finite, and any attempts to extend their timeline just hasn't worked out that well.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 11-06-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen-aku View Post
    Please Let it be chase.
    I will only be okay with Chase dying if Hellion gets to have the Fistigons for hands...