Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    Like I said, I've heard this show is going to play like a swashbuckler somewhat; and like Firefly taking the concept of a space wastern to literally, I think this show is doing that same thing by giving pretty much everyone just muzzleload guns. I guess the thinking was also: how do we get these sword fights if everyone has normal gun? And yeah, it's stupid and doesn't make any sense.
    If you cant write a reason to have sword fights that involves somehow ancient weaponry gun all of a sudden making a come back for no reason at all..... you should not be writing.

I've read on a few forums and listened to some podcast about REVOLUTION and already there's soooooo many people complaining that it doesn't make sense. It's fantasy! Suspend disbelief, at least until they explain it, I say. This is clearly supposed to be an epic fantasy and the lights going out is the set-up to create the world in which to tell that story.

I mean, I'm training to be a physics teacher and even I'm not that bothered by the science of it all.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Personally, I found it average and terribly cliche. All the major plot point, I could see coming a mile away. Even the characters just seemed like other better characters from other better shows. It felt rush and lacked pacing. I would watch it again but I don't expect it to last a full season.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    I've read on a few forums and listened to some podcast about REVOLUTION and already there's soooooo many people complaining that it doesn't make sense. It's fantasy! Suspend disbelief, at least until they explain it, I say. This is clearly supposed to be an epic fantasy and the lights going out is the set-up to create the world in which to tell that story.

I mean, I'm training to be a physics teacher and even I'm not that bothered by the science of it all.
    This is a fantasy? Where did you get this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    The thing that struck me about the tents was that this primetime network tv pilot didn't look anywhere as good as Game of Thrones.
    conditions are different....HBO gives their shows more money than most network shows and GoT was given 6 episodes right off the bat

I try to not judge a show on pilot alone, because a pilot is a rough draft of what the show is supposed to be

sure I found it a little cliche and cheesy, but in a good way....I could use some lighthearted adventure in light of all the other stuff I watch.
    Support your local roller derby league

I didn't watch it but am I correct that there are numerous flashbacks showing what the characters were like when society had electricity?
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I didn't watch it but am I correct that there are numerous flashbacks showing what the characters were like when society had electricity?
    just little snippets...if that, under a minute

and hardly "numerous"

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    just little snippets...if that, under a minute

and hardly "numerous"
    It's way to early for people to start bashing up the show. The haters need to give Revolution some more time to develop and flush out back stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    conditions are different....HBO gives their shows more money than most network shows and GoT was given 6 episodes right off the bat

I try to not judge a show on pilot alone, because a pilot is a rough draft of what the show is supposed to be

sure I found it a little cliche and cheesy, but in a good way....I could use some lighthearted adventure in light of all the other stuff I watch.
    Yeah, but this is NBC's new big show, and it's a pilot, those usually tend to have pretty good budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    It looks like flashbacks will be something we see throughout the series, but this first episode just had two, a little short one around the start, and one at the end.

There was enough cheese in this debut to fill a supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    This is a fantasy? Where did you get this from?
    Kripke's said as much in interviews that this show is intended to be an epic fantasy type thing, be sorta Star Wars for TV. He also said that he wanted to set it in America and the only way to have America be the way he wanted it as a backdrop to the story he wants to tell is to have the lights go out.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    It's way to early for people to start bashing up the show. The haters need to give Revolution some more time to develop and flush out back stories.
    then it's also way too early for folks to declare love for the show.

reducing dislike to a dismissive hater tag is weak. you like it, fine. others don't.

This post may be slightly spoilerish. Just sayin...

Overall, well, I've seen worse. I am quite happy that they ditched the typical nuclear family right off the top. Maybe that's a lesson they learned from Terra Nova.

But that doesn't mean the premise is not ridiculous. The end of the pilot implies that whatever shut down all the technology is still active. So how in the world did it not also kill every organism sophisticated enough to have a nervous system then? You know, the parts of our bodies that are used to transmit electrical impulses? Also, what about non-electrical technologies capable of doing useful work like windmills and water wheels. These are technologies that predated electricity for hundreds or even thousands of years. How about steam turbines? How about all those hydroelectric dams that didn't just fall apart.

Also, the asthma medication scene. Um, I have a hard time believing that the inhaler not only still has medication in it after 15 years, but also that the medication is still both safe and potent enough to be useful.

The only reason I picked up on any of this is because it was the only way I could stay interested in the pilot. I just couldn't find that "why should I care?" thing that hooks me on the series. The pilot was all over the place. They should have spent an entire SEASON carefully worldbuilding while introducing the plot points (the evil militia, the fact that there is a "cure" for whatever shut the technology down, finding the brother of the main guy, etc) that they blew right in the pilot. I feel like I don't even need to bother watching the rest of the series because given that this is a network show, I probably have a pretty good idea of where things are going to go from here because networks don't take risks.

My contribution to the deadpool: Terra Nova got 11 episodes before Fox canned it. NBC will give Revolution no more than 6 episodes before using it as filler fodder when the sports season starts up again. It *might* get the chance to film the entire season, but I doubt the network will air it all.

which sports season? NFL, MLB are still on various nights of the week