Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tea_bird View Post
    Well, I would imagine because people are gardening more, doing more outside, having to clean in streams/ponds/etc... that everyone won't look like they just stepped out of the shower and did their makeup.
    well, everybody isn't gardening (and not all gardening, tending crop is the same). it's a common complaint with apocalyptic-type shows about people being somewhat clean

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    well, everybody isn't gardening (and not all gardening, tending crop is the same). it's a common complaint with apocalyptic-type shows about people being somewhat clean
    Falling Skies manages to do ok with it....everyone looks like total hammered crap...and they look like they smell
    especially Noah Wiley
    Support your local roller derby league

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Well, I didn't hate it, but I was hoping for better. The regional head man in charge is making his troops muzzle load their guns? For a country that has thousands of bullets for every citizen and at least one gun for every citizen, I don't see modern weaponry declining that fast in 15 years. I also don't see so much plant-life overgrowing things in 15 years. It's not like people vanished and couldn't maintain things. You don't need electricity to trim bushes and whatnot.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 09-18-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Falling Skies manages to do ok with it....everyone looks like total hammered crap...and they look like they smell
    especially Noah Wiley
    kind of different because they were traveling a bit. however, the 1st episode had all the kids and most of the background adults looking like pigpen while Wiley's kindergarten brat looked like he was about to do a photo shoot for Sears kids line. that was to bloody obvious

kind of different because they were traveling a bit. however, the 1st episode had all the kids and most of the background adults looking like pigpen while Wiley's kindergarten brat looked like he was about to do a photo shoot for Sears kids line. that was to bloody obvious
    not enough degredation....I want it to hit the point where it looks like someone will drop a deuece right in the middle of the street

I liked the pilot even thought i cant say I loved it.

it felt average-ish.

2- about the bad guys in the Plane so i am the only one who noticed that one of the bad guya the guy that the waste of time love interest killed was Eric the Quantum Ranger from Power Rangers Time Force

Quote Originally Posted by Dick/babs View Post
    2- about the bad guys in the Plane so i am the only one who noticed that one of the bad guya the guy that the waste of time love interest killed was Eric the Quantum Ranger from Power Rangers Time Force
    NERD

Time for.....Time Force!!!

I loved the pilot, in a "wanna see where this goes" way. It might end up going downhill but for now it looks great.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    I loved the pilot, in a "wanna see where this goes" way. It might end up going downhill but for now it looks great.
    I really curious as to where they take the show from here. I think that NBC and Abrams have something that has got a lot of potential here. I definitely don't want Revolution to be cancelled at all. I think it is really fun in a way similar to Terra Nova and I am REALLY angry that FOX killed Terra Nova and I'd be really ticked if Revolution got cancelled by NBC. Our family really enjoyed the pilot episode TWICE. Watching it on XBOX Live and again on television last night. It's a nice and refreshing swashbuckling break from things like The Walking Dead and Grimm.

quick sidebar

Undercovers failed because of race...pure and simple

the audience didn't want to buy into an intelligent and sophisticated couple of color who weren't criminals or antagonists

Or it just wasn't a very good show.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

quick sidebar

Undercovers failed because of race...pure and simple

the audience didn't want to buy into an intelligent and sophisticated couple of color who weren't criminals or antagonists
    I tried it but it failed for me for trying to be Alias but not being Alias. If you saw Alias then you know that its ending was basically the premise of Undercovers. At the end of Alias in the final scene you see the two main characters who were a couple in their retirement and they get a visit from an old colleague who needs them to come back in service so off they go. Basically its the exact premise of Undercovers only Undercovers had a new cast. I tried to like it but I kept thinking the whole time this should be Sydney and Vaughn not whatever their names were. I can't help but imagine many Alias fans and thus by extension Abrams fans who tried this show got turned off for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Well, I didn't hate it, but I was hoping for better. The regional head man in charge is making his troops muzzle load their guns? For a country that has thousands of bullets for every citizen and at least one gun for every citizen, I don't see modern weaponry declining that fast in 15 years. I also don't see so much plant-life overgrowing things in 15 years. It's not like people vanished and couldn't maintain things. You don't need electricity to trim bushes and whatnot.
    Like I said, I've heard this show is going to play like a swashbuckler somewhat; and like Firefly taking the concept of a space wastern to literally, I think this show is doing that same thing by giving pretty much everyone just muzzleload guns. I guess the thinking was also: how do we get these sword fights if everyone has normal gun? And yeah, it's stupid and doesn't make any sense.

They were traveling in this show too, there was a little travel montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    The strange thing was how all the cars just seemed to stop moving, there didn't seem to be one car accident on that road.

Because it's a primetime network tv show. But yeah, them being so clean was pretty dumb, and them putting one of the characters into a very clean nice white shirt just made the cleanness jump out at you.
    What blew it for me was the planes coming down like leaves after losing power yet their lights were still on.

Hope the producers get sensible and show horses pulling gutted out autos. No way should they be showing buckboards with wooden wheels.

And what's with the militia leader living in a tent from the Gen. Custer days? Couldn't find any military tents at the base or at an army surplus store?
    In search of Claire...or Libby Hoeler :D

"What is illness to the body of a knight-errant? What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again, and woe to the wicked.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    What blew it for me was the planes coming down like leaves after losing power yet their lights were still on.

Hope the producers get sensible and show horses pulling gutted out autos. No way should they be showing buckboards with wooden wheels.

And what's with the militia leader living in a tent from the Gen. Custer days? Couldn't find any military tents at the base or at an army surplus store?
    The thing that struck me about the tents was that this primetime network tv pilot didn't look anywhere as good as Game of Thrones.