Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Saw the pilot on HULU and wondered why the backslide from the 21st century all the way back to the 18th century?

Muzzle loaders instead of cartidges for rifles? Six-shooters and Winchester rifles were made without electricity, why go back to colonial shooters?

What happened to steam power? Before the Electrical Age there was the Steam Age. The world use to run on steam. Hope they explain how the 'magic wave' prevents batteries from working. Will keep around for a few episodes longer at least.
    I've heard this show is going to play like a swashbuckler, so maybe it's them taking that idea way to literally...like how Firefly took the idea of a western in space far to literally.

I mostly agree with what was said about the "science" behind whatever happened needing to be explained. I am no scientist but even I can see that stuff like steam power should work and if ALL energy is gone what about lightning, fire, and even kinetic energy?
    I really disliked how clean and stylish the main character was. Some people in her little village seemed to be dirty as if they did not live in a world like we do and they were dressed as such but she looked like someone who secretly has access to a working shopping mall. Maybe I am biased though because I also found her to be the worst character what with her leading her asthmatic brother into a claustrophobic dust trap, the bitchyness towards her step mom, and the whole " we are family" shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Hope they explain how the 'magic wave' prevents batteries from working. Will keep around for a few episodes longer at least.
    I hope so too. I was leery about the whole thing the second iPhones just... died all at once.

And why was everyone SO clean?

Quote Originally Posted by tea_bird View Post
    I hope so too. I was leery about the whole thing the second iPhones just... died all at once.

And why was everyone SO clean?

The strange thing was how all the cars just seemed to stop moving, there didn't seem to be one car accident on that road.

Because it's a primetime network tv show. But yeah, them being so clean was pretty dumb, and them putting one of the characters into a very clean nice white shirt just made the cleanness jump out at you.
    Last edited by Simbob4000; 09-17-2012 at 11:51 PM.

i've stated my feelings on the show, but why do some of you think people would look dirty? they haven't lost the ability to wash themselves and many people still do laundry by hand

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    what does this even mean?
    Lots of questions, never within a parsec of any answers.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i've stated my feelings on the show, but why do some of you think people would look dirty? they haven't lost the ability to wash themselves and many people still do laundry by hand
    Well, I would imagine because people are gardening more, doing more outside, having to clean in streams/ponds/etc... that everyone won't look like they just stepped out of the shower and did their makeup.
    Tiffany // @tea_bird

I to did not like this show. I Felt more sorry for Giancarlo Esposito then most of of the other Actors in this show. And if I where sfdebris I would give annoying character to Mr. Ex Google Employee Aaron. I have nothing Against the actor Zak Orth. But, after seeing this show and how useless Aaron and how he loss the so called baest job of his life (AKA: Google), All I wanted to do was jump into the screen and find a Piano Wire and rap it around his neck, yelling "SHUT UP." to him. Man, am I sick of TV shows sticking in these worthless side annoying characters that are Supposed to be funny, and all they do is Annoy the living you know what out of me. This guy is as worst as Neelix on Star Trek: Voyager.

The rest of the acting was bad. Billy Burke looked like he just wanted to phone in his acting, and have his face on another actors body. And that fact that they tried to make his character act like Han Solo, did not earn any brownie points for me. Again I have nothing Against the actor Billy Burke, But I really didn't want to see the Cheap knockoff of Han Solo. And don't get me on the Hunger Games ripoffs.

I love Supernatural and Fringe, right now. Even that J. J. Abrams has more failed TV show under his Belt, and yes I know Alias and Lost where both of his Successes. But, after Undercovers and Alcatraz, I just don't know. Sorry I just didn't like what I saw here. And I think this will just add another fail to J. J. Abrams list of shows.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

The Good:

1. The premise is intriguing
    2. Its by Abarams and Kripke

The Bad:

1. Casting - I pretty much cannot stand any of the leads other than Gus from Breaking Bad
    2. I'm willing to suspend disbelief to a large extent but like others said the characters looked too fresh and clean. Especially Charlie as she looked like she stepped right out of a teen fashion magazine.
    3. Predictability - it was extremely predictable that the first episode would end with someone using power of some sort though I expected it to be Elizabeth Mitchell's character.
    4. Aging - they could have at least tried to make the adults look a little younger in the before scenes.
    5. Unrealistic after effects of the loss of power. Maybe I'm not suspending disbelief enough but cities would largely become uninhabitable should something like this happen. There are tons of chemical and nuclear factories that would create major health hazards if left unchecked which is what would happen without power. Since these by in large are located in cities (and I know that Chicago has a very major nuclear facility) there would be problems. Only rural areas might stay safe - something Jericho got right.

Because pilot episodes often have a different feel than the regular series I'll give it another few episodes before making a decision but this so far has utterly failed to grab me like Alias, Lost, and Supernatural did (I'd assume all know that Abrams was behind the first two and Kripke behind the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by Ilostmyplace View Post
    I to did not like this show. I Felt more sorry for Giancarlo Esposito then most of of the other Actors in this show. And if I where sfdebris I would give annoying character to Mr. Ex Google Employee Aaron. I have nothing Against the actor Zak Orth. But, after seeing this show and how useless Aaron and how he loss the so called baest job of his life (AKA: Google), All I wanted to do was jump into the screen and find a Piano Wire and rap it around his neck, yelling "SHUT UP." to him. Man, am I sick of TV shows sticking in these worthless side annoying characters that are Supposed to be funny, and all they do is Annoy the living you know what out of me. This guy is as worst as Neelix on Star Trek: Voyager.

The rest of the acting was bad. Billy Burke looked like he just wanted to phone in his acting, and have his face on another actors body. And that fact that they tried to make his character act like Han Solo, did not earn any brownie points for me. Again I have nothing Against the actor Billy Burke, But I really didn't want to see the Cheap knockoff of Han Solo. And don't get me on the Hunger Games ripoffs.

I love Supernatural and Fringe, right now. Even that J. J. Abrams has more failed TV show under his Belt, and yes I know Alias and Lost where both of his Successes. But, after Undercovers and Alcatraz, I just don't know. Sorry I just didn't like what I saw here. And I think this will just add another fail to J. J. Abrams list of shows.
    many producers/creators have failed shows...JJ Abrams isn't any different

hell the last three or four David E Kelley shows haven't lasted more than two seasons....Life On Mars, Harrys Law, and he was also responsible for the failed Wonder Woman pilot

TV is a hit or miss business...
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    many producers/creators have failed shows...JJ Abrams isn't any different

hell the last three or four David E Kelley shows haven't lasted more than two seasons....Life On Mars, Harrys Law, and he was also responsible for the failed Wonder Woman pilot

TV is a hit or miss business...
    Life On Mars I didn't care for. And I saw the Wonder Woman pilot, she was mostly a Psychotic Lunatic and now understand why NBC, ABC, or whoever would never picked it up. And I know that TV shows is both a hit and a miss. But, this came from 2 good Creators and Executive producer in the business. But, this was so much a Disappointment in my eyes.

They even Canceled Harrys Law for this, and the sad thing is that Harrys Law (even that I don't care for Legal TV shows) was way more better then this Pile of crap.

But, then again this is NBC, and they want to go Toward the Yuppie crowd now. Just take a look at what they have planned for G4 now. And they want to make it more GQ then G4 now.

NBC is trying anything, they have been in 4th place for quite some time now, the only time they beat any of the other networks is Sunday nights during football season...they haven't found their next big hit when every other network has had one or two frannchises to stand on for the past decade or so

BANNED

I actually enjoyed the pilot episode and want to see more, but in a way it felt like a weird mashup of The Postman, Hunger Games, and maybe a couple other shows/movies I can't quite put my finger on yet.

Also, I like swordfighting. Hope to see more of that throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by jediracer View Post
    I actually enjoyed the pilot episode and want to see more, but in a way it felt like a weird mashup of The Postman, Hunger Games, and maybe a couple other shows/movies I can't quite put my finger on yet.

Also, I like swordfighting. Hope to see more of that throughout the series.
    I definitely agree. The sword fighting was awesome in the pilot. I read in TV guide magazine that Abrams and Favreau are aiming to channel Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and the swashbuckling of Pirates and as we watched the pilot again last night my father was said 'this feels very much like the Hunger Games with a little bit of Star Wars' and I've got to say my dad who normally doesn't like most new TV shows sat glued to the TV. I really am still trying to figure out who the woman was talking to at the end of the episode as that was real puzzling. I also liked the Doctor Smith guy with the AC/DC shirt as he was quite funny. I am hoping that Nate will will actually join up with Charlie in her quest because it's obvious he isn't really 'bad' on the inside.

quick sidebar

Undercovers failed because of race...pure and simple

the audience didn't want to buy into an intelligent and sophisticated couple of color who weren't criminals or antagonists