Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

This show is truly thought provoking. It has caused our family to take life more seriously and consider what our outcome and fate would actually be like if our world (God forbid) should decline into a dark state like that depicted in 'Revolution'. I truly believe that we do take all that is around us for granted. If we lose sight of the ideology that 'good things always come to an end' and live only for pleasure then we just might find ourselves living out the terrible misery of the protagonist of Revolution and that thought haunts and frightens me to no end. May God help us.

I think the devastation of Sandy in the midst of an election that saw Americans at loggerheads over their beliefs put Revolution in perspective. The science aside, it seems like a nightmare vision of what could happen if people don't wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by An Ear In The Fireplace View Post
    I think the devastation of Sandy in the midst of an election that saw Americans at loggerheads over their beliefs put Revolution in perspective. The science aside, it seems like a nightmare vision of what could happen if people don't wake up.
    I definitely agree. On a lighter note; I love the Star Wars homage that Revolution is! It's all there plain and simple! Drug/Womanizer guy is obviously Jabba The Hutt, Charlie is Luke, Nevile is Vader and Miles is Han Solo with Aaron being the Jar Jar Binks/C3P-O of it all.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    I definitely agree. On a lighter note; I love the Star Wars homage that Revolution is! It's all there plain and simple! Drug/Womanizer guy is obviously Jabba The Hutt, Charlie is Luke, Nevile is Vader and Miles is Han Solo with Aaron being the Jar Jar Binks/C3P-O of it all.
    Where is Leia?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Where is Leia?
    That's actually a good question because I actually think that Nora Clayton fits the bill for Princess Leia because she is an independent and pretty solid personality that is a lot like that of Leia Organa Skywalker and she is a pretty much a key player in the rebel resistance against the Monroe Republic much the same as Leia and the Rebel Alliance vs the corrupt Galactic Empire.

Yes, Sandy made Revolution look like even more of a joke.

Gone

Leia is split between two characters. Nora, the rebel Leia and "Nate", the would-be love interest leia.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalTailor View Post
    This show is truly thought provoking. It has caused our family to take life more seriously and consider what our outcome and fate would actually be like if our world (God forbid) should decline into a dark state like that depicted in 'Revolution'. I truly believe that we do take all that is around us for granted. If we lose sight of the ideology that 'good things always come to an end' and live only for pleasure then we just might find ourselves living out the terrible misery of the protagonist of Revolution and that thought haunts and frightens me to no end. May God help us.
    I wouldn't spend too much time fretting about an apocalyptic future but there's nothing wrong with preparing for disaster. Having extra food, water and an alternative place to hold up just in case the "$#!+ hits the fan" is a prudent move. Just don't let that preparation and worry about the world ending become an obsession.

As for the show, I'm just watching it now because there's nothing better on at that time.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

It kinda sucks that comment on this show has pretty much been shut down.

I started out thinking it was a silly but enjoyable show, but now I'm really caught up in the adventure. Lots of moving parts in this show. And some of the actors are winning me over.

The young woman playing Charlie still has her moments of bad acting, but she's improving.

Gone

Can helicopters really work after 15 years of neglect?

My old computer acts out all the time and hes "only" 6 years old.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Can helicopters really work after 15 years of neglect?
    Who says they've been neglected? Monroe has clearly been stockpiling that arsenal for a while, so it's not hard to imagine that he had people tasked with keeping them in good condition for the day when they were operational. The most damaging factors for any engine are wear from use and the elements. They haven't been used in more than a decade, so there's no concern there. So as long as they've been housed and protected from the elements there shouldn't be much work involved in making them ready.

Gone

Im more concerned with the electronics.
    Whether theyre used or not, time eats away at electronic components like candy.

It kinda sucks that comment on this show has pretty much been shut down.

I started out thinking it was a silly but enjoyable show, but now I'm really caught up in the adventure. Lots of moving parts in this show. And some of the actors are winning me over.

The young woman playing Charlie still has her moments of bad acting, but she's improving.
    Yeah, Charlie is becoming less annoying, but I wonder if that's due to the other cast members taking more prominent roles in the episodes. Either way I'm happy the show is improving.

I really hope it doesn't go the way of Terra Nova. A show that started out slowly but really found it's stride as the season progressed only to get cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Who says they've been neglected? Monroe has clearly been stockpiling that arsenal for a while, so it's not hard to imagine that he had people tasked with keeping them in good condition for the day when they were operational. The most damaging factors for any engine are wear from use and the elements. They haven't been used in more than a decade, so there's no concern there. So as long as they've been housed and protected from the elements there shouldn't be much work involved in making them ready.
    If people cant figure out how to make bullets how the hell are they going to keep maintenance on a chopper that no one has anyway of knowing what works and what doesnt?

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    If people cant figure out how to make bullets
    Which is weird on itself.
    i mean, guys hiding in caves in Afghanistan can manufacture ak-47 and its ammo out of metal scraps and no one in the US of A can figure out how to manufacture bullets?