Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Not a surprise that Owen is gone, since the show is clearly too invested in Nucky and Margaret's relationship for them to ever break up. It's a shame, though, since that's one of the least interesting aspects of the show.
    I knew they would never run away together, but I figured Owen would probably run away with the maid or something.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Sing while you may

The assassination that did somehow succeed was pretty funny. What a way to make a quick 80k.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

See, Owen's death I saw coming from a mile away. The pregnancy less so, but if I remember the dialogue from an earlier episode correctly, it was hinted.

What I didn't expect was that brutal ass killing Rosetti did to his henchman's cousin. Holy shyt.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    See, Owen's death I saw coming from a mile away. The pregnancy less so, but if I remember the dialogue from an earlier episode correctly, it was hinted.

What I didn't expect was that brutal ass killing Rosetti did to his henchman's cousin. Holy shyt.
    I knew one of those guys was dead the moment the cousin brought up knowing the ocean because his father was a fisherman and Rosetti asked his henchman, "his father's your uncle how come you don't know this shit?" and when the cousin brought it up again during a business meeting I knew it was going to be him.

I honestly have to wonder how Gyp has survived this long. How has his temper not gotten him killed? It's to the point where I don't think his "friends" or associates would even care..they'd probably be relieved. I can't see how Massaria thinks this guy is a valuable asset..he's a liability. The "I'm batshit crazy!" persona is only valuable if you know how to reign yourself in.

At this point I'm surprised his cronies answer him with anything more then "yes" or "no".
    Last edited by Surtur; 11-20-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I honestly have to wonder how Gyp has survived this long. How has his temper not gotten him killed? It's to the point where I don't think his "friends" or associates would even care..they'd probably be relieved. I can't see how Massaria thinks this guy is a valuable asset..he's a liability. The "I'm batshit crazy!" persona is only valuable if you know how to reign yourself in.
    It seems like he holds himself back to a certain degree just enough to get business done but if it won't make a difference one way or the other to his business he doesn't bother trying. He held back on killing the sheriff in the last episode because he figured if he had the guy in his pocket he could convince the town to look the other way while he brought in booze at the port. He did beat the guy down but that was because when he found him he was in the middle of calling Nucky to tell him what was going on.

Also if you pay attention he never kills someone who still matters. He didn't go after Nucky or Rothstein until he got the okay from Massaria, even though I'm sure he wanted to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    At this point I'm surprised his cronies answer him with anything more then "yes" or "no".
    I think his cronies know how he is and don't say much hell this is only like the second episoode I heard one of them say anything. The guy that got killed was new and his cousin was trying to get him to shut up and trying to make excuses for him when he wouldn't but the guy just kept talking. Overall it seems like if you do your job and keep your mouth shut working for him wouldn't be a problem.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

No comments on this week's episode? Easily one of the best of the series. Nice to see Nucky with his back completely against the wall, and we finally got more spotlight on Chalky, as everybody wanted. That ending was also awesome, with that last shot of spoilers:
    Capone
    end of spoilers being a complete boss, cigar and all.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Sing while you may

Richard meticulously laying out his hardware was the moment for me. That scene holds so much promise of so many people getting shot in the head.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Last episode was absolutely awesome.

I mean, so many awesome moments to talk about from beginning to end. But the thing that really got me is that we finally got the Chalky centric episode many including myself were waiting for all season. And it did not disappoint.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Oh Charlie..you really should of listened to Meyers. Funny enough, IIRC, the real life Meyers was intelligent enough that he never served a single day in prison.

Two episodes in going kind of slow so far for the new season but I like it.

I'm so glad this show is back. I just marathoned the first 3 seasons (which I've seen before) in preparation for the new season and just fell in love all over again. I enjoyed the first episode more than the second, but they both had a lot of set-up--as well as resolutions from last season. Slow going? Sure, but that's Boardwalk Empire. It's not a show with a lot of fast-paced action but I get immersed in the characters, style, drama, and humor. Purnsley getting scolded like a child had me laughing (he looked so sad sitting on the bed with his head hung and his hands in his lap), and I'll admit I cheered him on when he berserked on that pervert.

Dr. Narcisse seems quite formidable and I liked the introduction of J. Edgar Hoover. I can't wait to see what trouble they bring with them. Harrow's story doesn't seem to tie into the main story, and while that type of thing has irked me recently in other shows, I enjoy his character too much and it's nice to see him return home and reconnect with his sister (who he's mentioned several times in past seasons). For a guy with half-a-face, he demonstrates facial emotion so well. I felt his sorrow and pain during the dog scene. My brother doesn't feel he'll survive the season, and that makes me sad if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    the thing that really got me is that we finally got the Chalky centric episode many including myself were waiting for all season. And it did not disappoint.
    I'm glad Chalky plays an integral part in this season. He's awesome. I really enjoyed seeing him in charge as a club owner and having a rapport with that one socialite guy...until he shook his head for luck. I just facepalmed. A shame Narcisse had to witness that too.
    Last edited by the_coldest_sun; 09-19-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Yeah when I saw that socialite guy rub Chalky's head I was like..oh shit..it's about to go down, but it didn't. I was expecting Chalky to of stabbed the dude in the face or something by the end of the episode, but he didn't. This goes to show Chalky White is one of the smarter businessmen on the show. I'm sure every fiber of his being was screaming at him to hit the guy or something, but he held back because if he had it would of just caused more problems. Not everyone would of done that. My respect for the character has grown tremendously this season.

Which leads me to my next point..a part of me is kinda more interested in following Chalky's path this season, as opposed to Nucky's. Still, I'm sure we'll see plenty of the character this season. We need us a Chalky White spin off show.
    Last edited by Surtur; 09-20-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Oh, the irony of Dunn's demise...
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

For a moment there I thought we'd lose Chalky. That was a vicious fight.