Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Johns, Reis and Prado Bring Aquaman to the "Throne of Atlantis"

New details for Geoff Johns, Ivan Reis and Joe Prado's upcoming "Throne of Atlantis" crossover between "Aquaman" and "Justice League" have surfaced including a redesign of Atlantis and Ocean Master.

Full article here.

This sounds really interesting, I still dont know if johns is leaving the book or not.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

yesyesyes...bit will Reis and Prado continue to illustrate Aquaman? That is wot I would like clarified/confirmed.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    yesyesyes...bit will Reis and Prado continue to illustrate Aquaman? That is wot I would like clarified/confirmed.
    Reis and Prado can't do Justice League and Aquaman at the same time. I think it pretty clear they are leaving one for the other.

I'm loving the upcoming rivalry between Aquaman and Batman.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Reis and Prado can't do Justice League and Aquaman at the same time. I think it pretty clear they are leaving one for the other.
    Reis could do 3 on JL and 3 on Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    That's one way to give a hero some limelight. I think Aquaman makes sense as the leader of the JL, Batman is a detective. Let him solve the puzzle and let Aquaman decide how to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roldan View Post
    Reis could do 3 on JL and 3 on Aquaman.
    I meant beyond the crossover.

That's one way to give a hero some limelight. I think Aquaman makes sense as the leader of the JL, Batman is a detective. Let him solve the puzzle and let Aquaman decide how to handle it.

I'm not digging the sound of that. I always pictured Aquaman and Batman being the two guys in the league who could stand in a corner and talk shop for an hour, the two of them having a rivalry seems kinda out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I'm not digging the sound of that. I always pictured Aquaman and Batman being the two guys in the league who could stand in a corner and talk shop for an hour, the two of them having a rivalry seems kinda out of nowhere.
    Aquaman is a king, he's used to people obeying his wishes, Batman was born wealthy, and is used to people doing what he wishes...I can see how their could possibly be some tension built between the two. Especially when the wishes of Batman don't always coincide with what Aquaman feels is the best course of action.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

I'm just glad Aquaman's desire to lead the team isn't being swept under the rug. It kinda seemed like Batman jus buried the idea. Arthur needs to take the reins and let Bruce just stick to dictating strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Issues 3 (or 4;whichever is the one where Aquaman makes his debut) and 12 of Justice League shows that there's possibility of rivalry between the 2 over leadership of the League.

Aquaman as the leader of the Justice League would be huge. Figuratively that's like the biggest possible push they could give the character, that's crazy. I think the rivalry with Batman sounds like a good idea.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor