Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    The logic would seem to follow that a good enough writer could bring Xavier back into relevance and even prominence. He wouldn't even have to be involved with the school anymore; I wouldn't have minded seeing him do some more traveling and pro-active campaigning for mutant-human relations.
    Yeah, or he could have played outside the X-World much like characters in Excalibur did. Or Beast as he was an Avenger and Defender.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    If Xavier is obsolete why is Magneto still 'cool'?

Xavier is killed off in an absolutely ridiculous manner, yet Magneto gets a new lease of life, becoming Cyke's new sidekick and for a time a young woman's lover.

Why all the Charles hate and Erik love?
    Magneto is relevant to the new revolutionary direction of the E-Team, so it seems reasonable that Mags be there to compare his philosophy to what Scott is now trying to do. It's like having Satan in the room when your committing a murder.

Does anybody think that Magneto being there makes this the Dark Reign of the mutant franchise? You have to have a time where the forces of evil are in charge, before the world realizes the virtue of the Xavier philosophy?
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-01-2013 at 04:13 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Does anybody think that Magneto being there makes this the Dark Reign of the mutant franchise? You have to have a time where the forces of evil are in charge, before the world realizes the virtue of the Xavier philosophy?
    I would venture that Wolverine, Kitty, Iceman, Storm, Rachel and the others at the school, along with such Avengers and Uncanny Avengers as Havok, Rogue, Cannonball and Sunspot, already realise the virtue of Xavier's philosophy, as would some/many of the student body at the Jean Grey School, the members of X-Factor etc etc.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

That doesn't make sense. Magneto is not in charge of anything, nor can he be called a force of evil.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Magneto is not in charge of anything, nor can he be called a force of evil.
    Yes he can. He is a force of evil. He's good intentions corrupted by selfishness and the inability to separate himself from that which he hates.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Gone

Charles had to die. I mean, just imagine him near TeenJean...brrrr.

he's kind of the mascot... i just like him sitting by one of the mansion's fireplace's with a blanket over his lap:

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I know Magneto has been on the side of angels of late, but the man is the symbol of the mutant revolution, and no matter what messages he gives out about forgetting that, he is the man who started that trend and now Scott Summers is his apprentice. All Scott has to do is put on the purple robe and the helmet and you have Darth Vader. Just look at that new helmet on Scott in the upcoming Uncanny X-Men cover, and tell me that isn't an Magneto uniform?
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-01-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

All Scott has to do is put on the purple robe and the helmet and you have Darth Vader. ?
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.

I know Magneto has been on the side of angels of late, but the man is the symbol of the mutant revolution, and no matter what messages he gives out about forgetting that, he is the man who started that trend and now Scott Summers is his apprentice. All Scott has to do is put on the purple robe and the helmet and you have Darth Vader. Just look at that new helmet on Scott in the upcoming Uncanny X-Men cover, and tell me that isn't an Magneto uniform?
    That assumes that that Charles ideas actually worked, there is no evidence that thy did and that Mutant revolution is necessarily a bad idea,
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    That assumes that that Charles ideas actually worked, there is no evidence that thy did and that Mutant revolution is necessarily a bad idea,
    I suppose it does, yes. I know a mutant revolution would scare the hell out of people. If there was a better philosophy than Charles Xavier's of mutant integration, it would be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Mengsk View Post
    Charles had to die. I mean, just imagine him near TeenJean...brrrr.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    Like I said, bad writing marring a character is entirely different than saying that the character is, conceptually, outdated. I agree that Marvel wrote him into a corner and the franchise is currently better off. However, that's a failure on Marvel's part, not because the character is an anachronism.
    I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. The idea of a crippled man needing his students to go out into the world and make it a better place because he can not is a brilliant one. However, as Charles was written, especially over the last decade, Marvel went from having him be a teacher of ideals and the "right" way to do things into a manipulator, whose handicap forced him to seek out weaker minded individuals to do his bidding, and whom eventually came to resent him, and then kill him (Scott).

I mean, I think that for the time being, the status quo works, but imho Xavier would be better suited leading Wolverine's school, because, let's face it, Wolverine has always been a killer and should in no way, shape, or form be anywhere near impressionable young minds, and Xavier at the helm of the school could be the opposing philosophy to Cyke/Mags. Now THAT would interest me, as I would be sympathetic to both sides, but as is, Wolverine is a joke and the character who comes away looking like the uncontested winner is Cyke.

That being said, I'm kind of glad he's dead for the time being because Bendis would probably butcher him even more than he already has been, and maybe he can come back strong when a good writer actually helms the X-Franchise again.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by listererik View Post
    The idea of a crippled man needing his students to go out into the world and make it a better place because he can not is a brilliant one.
    Charles actually sent out teens into extremely dangerous life-risking situations while he was sitting comfy in his big mansion while listening to Beethoven and drinking hot cocoa.