Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sensational Spider-Man by Todd DeZago and Mike Wieringo: Sensational Spider-Man #-1, 8-10, 12-24, 26-31. #11 and 25 are part of multi-part crossovers that are collected elsewhere anyway, and while several of the included issues aren't by 'Ringo, you might as well collect 'em anyway to keep the flow going.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Spider-Man 2099 omnibus. The complete run.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Spider-girl Omnibus Vol. 1 showcases issue 0-24.

You know she deserves it. :D

Yes, yes, yes, please.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

I think everything by Stan Lee and Gerry Conway (at least his Amazing run) should be collected in the omnibus format.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Sensational Spider-Man by Todd DeZago and Mike Wieringo: Sensational Spider-Man #-1, 8-10, 12-24, 26-31. #11 and 25 are part of multi-part crossovers that are collected elsewhere anyway, and while several of the included issues aren't by 'Ringo, you might as well collect 'em anyway to keep the flow going.
    I woulda been happy enough with Dan Jurgens (Sensational 0-6); with Ben Reilly, swingin', hangin' with buddies Shirley, Buzz, Desiree, and dating that spicy woman who would turn out to be the Burglar who murdered Uncle Ben's daughter; Jessica!

YES, aware they are all probably already reprinted in "Ben Reilly" collections; but how much are they; 40 bucks or so? And I'm sure the quantity of comics PACKED in there also makes for hard readin'!

I'd assume a 0-6 of Sensational, would cost about $15 or so.
    Last edited by ngroove; 09-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Maybe this is already in the works, but they should do a collection of anniversary omnibuses cataloging everything that occurred in the Spiderman world from Big Time up to #700. It should include:

AMS #648-700
    All the Venom issues in that time
    All the Spidergirl issues in that time
    All three Carnage series
    Spidermen
    All Avenging Spiderman issues in that time
    Spider Island tie-ins (Cloak and Dagger, One-Shot, The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu)
    All Scarlet Spider issues in that time

Did I forget anything? It would be put together so that the stories were in chronological order (for example, Carnage and Scarlet Spider wouldn't happen until after Spider Island), so there would be a bit of jumping around among series.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    You say that "90% of that mess just wasn't good enough to warrant it," yet Marvel did make those large, somewhat expensive trades, so I wouldn't completely rule out an Omnibus someday. They've already put the time and effort in when putting the trades together, so an Omnibus wouldn't be that difficult to make.
    See my thinking is that since they have made the trades, they won't be doing an omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    As for my "Dream" about having all of Amazing in omnibus format someday -- don't crush my dream!
    Sorry man, but 5 years between each omnibus?
    Won't you be really old or dead by the time that happens, heh.
    Maybe we'll get a volume 3 in 2014 with the TASM sequel...

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Maybe this is already in the works, but they should do a collection of anniversary omnibuses cataloging everything that occurred in the Spiderman world from Big Time up to #700. It should include:

AMS #648-700
    All the Venom issues in that time
    All the Spidergirl issues in that time
    All three Carnage series
    Spidermen
    All Avenging Spiderman issues in that time
    Spider Island tie-ins (Cloak and Dagger, One-Shot, The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu)
    All Scarlet Spider issues in that time

Did I forget anything? It would be put together so that the stories were in chronological order (for example, Carnage and Scarlet Spider wouldn't happen until after Spider Island), so there would be a bit of jumping around among series.
    That would be good, but I can't see it happening.

I think an OHC of #648-665 + 654.1 + FCBD is possible. (19 issues)
    Then another OHC of #674-681 + 679.1 + Avenging 1-7. (16 issues)
    The third OHC should be #688-700, 699.1 + Avenging 9-15, 15.1. (21 issues)

That would be ideal. Even without the Avenging issues it would still be good and they can mach the SI, SIC and EOTE OHC's.

I am certain that 700 will be released in OHC, though I'm guessing it will probably just contain the 'Dying Wish' arc. One can hope, though.
    Last edited by Russell; 09-21-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    See my thinking is that since they have made the trades, they won't be doing an omnibus.
    Unfortunately, I think you're correct. However, Marvel could do it since they already have the material in order because of the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Sorry man, but 5 years between each omnibus?
    Won't you be really old or dead by the time that happens, heh.
    Maybe we'll get a volume 3 in 2014 with the TASM sequel...
    If Amazing volume 3 doesn't come out for a few years, then in the meantime we could get some of these other great Amazing omnibuses (example: the Michilini/McFarlane one) to help flesh out the rest of Amazing Spider-man. They don't have to be released in order. Marvel could release a Roger Stern Omnibus or a Brand New Day or Big Time omnibus within months of each other. They did it with Ultimate Spider-man, Death of Spider-man, Untold Tales of Spider-man, and Amazing Spider-man volume 2.

I've written about this elsewhere, but I would like...

- Hardcover collections of Marcos Martin's Spider-Man work.
    - Soul of the Hunter, a Kraven's Last Hunt companion collecting Dematteis/ Zeck's sequel to Kraven's Last Hunt, Marvel Team-Up #128 (Spider-Man's first encounter with Vermin) and Sensational Spider-Man Annual '96, JMD's retelling of Spider-Man's first battle with Kraven.
    - Roger Stern's 1980s run of Amazing Spider-Man, as either two oversized ultimate collections, or 4 regular sized TPBs.

I also started a thread about how it would be cool to have introductory collections with the most notable work of various creative teams.

So you'd have The Best of Lee/ Ditko with Amazing Fantasy #6, Amazing Spider-Man #6, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1, Amazing Spider-Man #17 and Amazing Spider-Man #31-33.

The Best of Lee/ Romita could include Amazing Spider-Man #39-40 (Green Goblin Unmasked), 50-52 (Kingpin's debut) and 86-87 (Black Widow redesign).

The Best of Dematteis could include Spectacular Spider-Man #189, Spectacular Spider-Man #200, Amazing Spider-Man #400, Spectacular Spider-Man #241, an acclaimed Marvel Team-Up issue and the Webspinners #1 back-up story with Gwen Stacy, as well as an essay about Kraven's Last Hunt.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Collect every issue of ASM that haven't been collected within the past five issues.
    Spider-Island Omnibus, since an Ultimate Collection would be too small.
    Take the material from Return of Anti-Venom, and either include that in the Spider-Island Omnibus, or combine it with the Big Time Ultimate Collection to make an omnibus.
    Carnage Ultimate Collection, combining Family Feud and U.S.A. Minimum Carnage can be like The Omega Effect and be included in bigger collections of Venom and Scarlet Spider.
    New printing of the Lee/Ditko omnibus.

In honor of 700, some ideas I like:

Brand New Day Omnibus 1: Swing Shift, ASM #546-582, material from ASM family, Ms Marvel annual, 2008 annual, ASM extras, ASM Secret Invasion 1-3

Brand New Day Omnibus 2: ASM #583-611, 2009 annual, Ms Marvel 47 and material from 34, ASM extra 3, Anti-Venom 1-3, Jackpot 1-3

Brand New Day Omnibus 3: ASM #612-647, WoSM #1-12, annual, Shadowland one-shot

Big Time Omnibus 1: ASM#648-655, 654.1, annual, SM Fear Itself 1-3, FCBD issue

Big Time Omnibus 2: #666-681, Infested material, SI tie-ins

Big Time Omnibus 3: #682-700, 679.1, 699.1, Avenging 1-5, 7-9, 15.1

Here's one I think entirely possible

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I think Dying Wish needs to be an OHC release. It would go well with SI, SI Companion and EotE.

It's five issues, and 700 is oversized, so I think it is long enough. There is also the option of including Superior #1. Marvel, please say you are doing this.