Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    Come to think of it, add Kingdom Come to the list. I'd probably have liked it better had they not made all the new-generation heroes one-dimensional strawmen.
    This was pretty much my beef with Kingdom Come.

Quote Originally Posted by ceefax View Post
    The walking dead...arrghh...like I love survival futures and this could be a good one, but I ...I....hate it. Adlard gets a hard deal, but kirkmans character voicing is awful. Some of the stuff they say is so cliched. I haven't a clue who anyone is most of the time. The artwork leaves me cold aswell, look at the artwork on saga in comparison, I'd love her to move to TWD, the story in saga isnt my thing but i read for the art. But I keep dipping in just to see if TWD is getting good, but it never gets better. I find kirkman an arrogant son of a...to boot...
    Pretty much agree with everything you just said re TWD. Even since my last post in this thread, my feelings towards it have become more negative. I just don't like Kirkman's writing and I'm not crazy about Adlard's work either. Add to that the fact that theres just no real fun to be found in reading the story (I know, how can you expect fun in a ZA story? Well, Dawn of the Dead is a fun movie) and you get to where I'm at - done. I've got my 7 HC volumes up on kajiji right now.

Hawkeye, Daredevil.

Very well written, sometimes stunning art. Just not into them.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

I think Bendis is definitely hit or miss for a lot of people. I tried to read his Guardians of the Galaxy and I just couldn't get into it. On the other hand I've just read the first volume of his Daredevil run and I'm finding it stellar so far.

So beautiful and interesting story. I like it.

Arboria in the Summer Tombstone in the Winter

Anything with Batman & Wolverine,sorry can't take them yet I tolerate them in the team books I read yet ironically I really liked Dark Claw from Amalgam back in the day lol.
    The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.
    Bring Back MI:13 & Marvel UK permanently

Joss Whedon's x-men for me. I tried a few times as my flatmate at the time was really into it but na....just couldn't. I felt like I should be liking it even as I was reading it but I just didn't, strange

Quote Originally Posted by Reptisaurus! View Post
    Yeah, ditto. I'm sure I've read over a hundred issues of Hellblazer always thinking "Man! I love (name of current creative team.) This is gonna be awesome! And I don't even remember any of it.
    Update: I liked the Peter Milligan run. Although Milligan's my favorite comic scripter (now that Steve Gerber is dead) and I like 'most everything else he's written more...
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

Mercenary Librarian

I really enjoyed Hellblazer and am thoroughly disappointed in the New 52 change. "Constantine" is really more of a comic WITH John Constantine in it as opposed to a comic ABOUT John Constantine.

Of course, DC also messed up Deathstroke in the N52, so I didn't really expect much.

Walked from your door to you closet as you read this

Recently? Peter Panzerfaust

The concept has so much potential but the writing comes off as some one scripting a pitch for a TV show.

Hickman's Avengers. I'm a big fan of his creator-owned work but his Avengers run leaves me a little cold. The ideas are there but the characterisation is very cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Hickman's Avengers. I'm a big fan of his creator-owned work but his Avengers run leaves me a little cold. The ideas are there but the characterisation is very cold.
    I agree. It's the opposite problem of Bendis' Avengers, which had superb character work but flimsy plotting.

Quote Originally Posted by bocatron View Post
    I'd hate to bash a writer, but Bendis doesn't cut it for me. There are books I want to read just to keep up with continuity, but I'm afraid that I won't like it. A lot of times I'm right. Bendis changes too many things too many times.
    I agree 100 %. I don't think he's a bad writer, but the books of his I've liked the most have been solo tales- Daredevil, Alias- and I think art had a lot to do with that.
    I don't like his team book runs. There were moments I liked in New Avengers, especially (once again) Yu's work on a few issues, and give the man credit for bringing Luke Cage back to the spotlight, but I don't think his strengths as a writer are in large casts or earth shattering events- which seem to be all he does anymore after an extraordinarily long, drawn out build up which loses all steam before the climax.

but damn it, he gets to work with some fantastic artists.