Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Grifter

• What is the dark truth behind Grifter's powers? Find out in this issue!
    • Plus: More on the Daemonite threat, new characters are introduced, and tons of bullets fly!

Full preview here.

Artwork is distinctly not "crap".

Wow that cover is pathetic, I'm pretty sure there are 14 year olds turning out better stuff...yikes.

It looks like he has a caulking gun, is that a paste pot pete thing?
    Last edited by Hawkeyeps; 09-11-2012 at 08:13 PM.

The cover... that gun... Oh the Humanity.

I don't know anything about this character. Is he fond of taking "no-look" shots around corners with his laser caulking guns or something?

Just wow. That cover is so bad that in skimming over the thumbnails on the CBR frontpage it immediately grabbed my eye as being really wrong-looking...

I agree with the cover. It's the least professional looking cover in all of the #0 issues. Forget the gun.. just look at the hand holding the gun. I don't know why DC didn't make Liefeld redraw it or just have Scott Clark do the cover. Clark's art is once again great in this issue. His art now is so different (and better) from his art in Alan Moore's Spawn/Wildcats crossover in the 90's.

Good issue overall.. We learn that Grifter's been kidnapped at least 3 times by the Daemonites and was already being genetically altered to be a super soldier even before the events in Grifter # 1.

The cover art almost made it embarrassing to purchase this book. It's like Liefeld just phoned it in with a "jumping-no-look-caulk-gun-crotch-shot"

Pathetic. The book deserves better. I want to open up a kickstarter project to have an artist give us a variant cover that we can all paste over the crappy one.