Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

• Frankenstein meets his maker...literally! • Learn how Frankenstein was recruited by S.H.A.D.E. • What does the future hold for S.H.A.D.E.?

Full preview here.

I really dig the idea of Victor Von Frankenstein being like, Castlevania/video-game levels of mad science villainy. The Archetypal Mad Scientist. The progenitor. Speaking of, I can't wait until Frank cameos in All-Star Western. It pretty much must happen. I want my damn Cowboy Frankenstein.
    "Everything hs changed. Dark entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, Zibarro crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Default Only DC book I read

I love what they've done with Frankenstein's character and fleshing out of his universe. DC should be ashamed if they cancel this.
    I want the author to finish out his run.
    The cast reminds me of Marvel's Howling Commandoes should have been. I like the monsters being heroes, I'd like for them to maybe explore other monsters for the roster or maybe a 2nd unit of super-agents. I think this is the only version of Frankenstein that I have seen that could be in the Justice League...
    Love the practical super technology and how the tech are practical plot devices that move the story along (S.O.M.B.I.E.). In its own way it has a s sense of comical realism and is one of the funnest titles out there.I like that Frankenstein's Monster was frozen ala Captain America.Love Lady Frankenstein and wished that the son would have stayed and become maybe a Skaar type guy.
    I want to see some character or power developments and its been a Very cool run so far overall and this issue looks like the start of an especially promising arc.
    Last edited by Metatron_Da_Don; 09-10-2012 at 06:36 PM.

I just can't afford this book in my budget, but it's a shame that Matt Kindt isn't working on more books in the New 52.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

To dc comics' heads: Do. Not. Cancel. This. Title.!!!!!!!

Okay????
    2000 AD of course!!!
    All Hail The Mighty Tharg

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron_Da_Don View Post
    I love what they've done with Frankenstein's character and fleshing out of his universe. DC should be ashamed if they cancel this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredmanson View Post
    To dc comics' heads: Do. Not. Cancel. This. Title.!!!!!!!

Okay????
    I really love this series, but I won't blame DC if they cancel it. The sales are not good (August 2012: 162 FRANKENSTEIN AGENT OF SHADE #12 14,679) and they can easily put him in Justice League Dark. But we should try and make others to try this out. Unfortunately I don't have any friends reading comics but on these forums I always try to suggest this series.

I've been contemplating picking up the first trade for this series but the art has been a major turnoff for me. After some consideration though it does fit the tone of the series very well. I'm going to check out the #0 issue for sure.

Hopefully he'll get a boost from Rotworld, and sales will level out on a higher plane. I was on board for Lemire's run, but it didn't really click with me, but Kindt is nailing it out of the mother f***ing park!

Quote Originally Posted by wileathers View Post
    I need a character who misuses their powers
    [img]http://www.**********/xiaowang9.jpg[/img]
    Mind to explain?

How long will this title last? Issue 20?
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl O'Neill View Post
    How long will this title last? Issue 20?
    Hope longer. If in December-January there is another wave of canceleations, I think Frankie will be OK, due to Rotworld. I don't believe the next wave of cancelations will come sooner than 6 months. So I see Frankie getting a least 21-22 issues. Fingers crossed it hit at least 25.

Got into this series late. I picked up the graphic novel, then issues 8-12. I am surprised how much I am enjoying this series! Will pick up #0 tommorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    I've been contemplating picking up the first trade for this series but the art has been a major turnoff for me. After some consideration though it does fit the tone of the series very well. I'm going to check out the #0 issue for sure.
    The art really fits the story. Frank is brutal and base, but he also has moments of beauty, just like the art.

This issue just nailed! absolutely spectacular. I have no doubt that Kindt could make this title famous if he keeps this up. The Dark line just gets better and better.

This appeals to every sensibility I have as a writer, an artist, a reader and an individual. Victor did not disappoint. Frank's humanity was disturbing, he's just so much more wondrous and appealing than 90% of DC's other "heroic" offerings. The mystery of Elizabeth, and possibly the Bride (and whether they're the same) deepens for another day ...

And Father Time's appearance as an Austen fashioned woman dressed for a Victorian garden party sealed the deal.
    "Everything hs changed. Dark entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, Zibarro crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com