Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Batman & Robin #0 Preview/Discussion

Damian's complicated relationship with his mother, Talia al Ghul, takes center stage.

Bred to kill and not to care, this is the birth of an assassin!

Full article here.

Oh god, that last page is so cute!!!!

D'awwwwwwwwwW!!!!

Still, i never liked Talia as this coldhearted killer she's become lately. Cant she be evil without being so extreme about it?

Really? I mean I can see that they're most likely "Batarangs" but the way Robin is holding them in his fists ... at a certain angle ... kind of looks like a Marvel character or three doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Oh god, that last page is so cute!!!!

D'awwwwwwwwwW!!!!
    Oh gawd, Batbaby
    This really is scraping the bottom, this arc has reached it's new low, or shark-jump moment with that image.
    Kill it now!
    Last edited by Guicho; 09-10-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Awwwwwwwwwww.

That's adorable, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam_67 View Post
    Really? I mean I can see that they're most likely "Batarangs" but the way Robin is holding them in his fists ... at a certain angle ... kind of looks like a Marvel character or three doesn't it?
    I'm more distracted by Damian's broken spine. His armpit is literally at his waist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guicho View Post
    Oh gawd, Batbay
    This really is scraping the bottom, this arc has reached it's new low, or shark-jump moment with that image.
    Kill it now!
    Why exactly? It symbolic for his future as Batman.

I love this book but I'd really wish they would drop the Batman off and leave it as Robin.
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

Why exactly? It symbolic for his future as Batman.

What "future" as Batman.
    This thing has no future as Batman.

And symbolic? There's subtle symbolism, and then there's barefaced crude marysueism epitomized in what is essentially a Baby-batman.
    Last edited by Guicho; 09-10-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Cute.

10 characters but hey who's counting?
    Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

What "future" as Batman.
    This thing has no future as Batman.
    Ok, your personal preferences are canon, but what's in the comic books isnt. Ok, i get it now. Please tell us more about your canon, the real canon we should follow.

Ok, your personal preferences are canon, but what's in the comic books isnt. Ok, i get it now. Please tell us more about your canon, the real canon we should follow.

You can post all the pictures you want, you're like some little kid watching James Bond Jr. thinkg to himself this is definitely going to be the end all future of James Bond.
    No, the concept is bigger than that little show, story, arc, moment, what have you.

Kill it now! This thing is like the Scrappy-doo of the Batuniverse.
    Last edited by Guicho; 09-10-2012 at 06:49 AM.

I'm not sure I'm sold on this, even with overt references to stage one of Batman, Inc. I mean it stands to reason Talia knew Netz for a while (express purposes of getting a top killer for building a trap to get Batman), even prior to Batman & Son, and only unleashed him a while after. I can buy that. Especially if her relationship with Kathy Webb goes back as far as it does. And all this, even in the five year timeline because the way the cuts go here, Damian could still totally have had accelerated aging.

He seems younger here than the "eighth birthday" he previously mentioned having first met his mother during. Looks more a boy of five. But that could be either Gleason's art (it's easy to see why his characters may feel younger than they are, they're always very round, smooth, exaggerated. They look great, but just cartoonish enough to lose real life "age" features. Given Talia's talk of Damian's "special day", I imagine this could be that eighth birthday.

I'm not sure if all the overt Morrison-criss-crossing will hook me or not, but it's got the continuity-police in me all geared up.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

You can post all the pictures you want, you're like a little kid watching James Bond Jr. thinkg to himself this is definitely going to be the future of James Bond.
    No, the concept is bigger than that little show, story, arc, moment, what have you.
    Ok, whatever. Ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    I'm not sure I'm sold on this, even with overt references to stage one of Batman, Inc. I mean it stands to reason Talia knew Netz for a while (express purposes of getting a top killer for building a trap to get Batman), even prior to Batman & Son, and only unleashed him a while after. I can buy that. Especially if her relationship with Kathy Webb goes back as far as it does. And all this, even in the five year timeline because the way the cuts go here, Damian could still totally have had accelerated aging.

He seems younger here than the "eighth birthday" he previously mentioned having first met his mother during. Looks more a boy of five. But that could be either Gleason's art (it's easy to see why his characters may feel younger than they are, they're always very round, smooth, exaggerated. They look great, but just cartoonish enough to lose real life "age" features. Given Talia's talk of Damian's "special day", I imagine this could be that eighth birthday.

I'm not sure if all the overt Morrison-criss-crossing will hook me or not, but it's got the continuity-police in me all geared up.
    Bruce was Batman for about 5 years before the JL was formed. So he has a 10 year timeline.

Homosexual Propagandist Supernature's Avatar

I don't know... This doesn't really make me want to read it to be honest.

I like the first story arc where Bruce and Damian were dealing with Nobody and its aftermath. But after that it got a little stale imo.
    I'll read this issue and keep reading after that but I hope we'll get a more exciting story line soon.

I am weak to the cute and I'm curious how they're going to handle his origin so I'm looking forward to this. Though I am a bit concerned by some of the things since there are some contradictions.

This does confirm though (at least according to Tomasi, who knows what Morrison will say) that Damian wasn't artificially aged.