Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default BATMAN #0 Preview/Discussion

Here's a preview of Batman #0 from Buzz Comics.

What do you all think?

Where are the previews coming from? Are there anymore?

Not sure, just saw this because Snyder posted it on his Twitter.

First thing first, spelling error! That's not how you spell little.

Second, I like the batarang. I want to see how Batman would use this combat.

Third, where's Bruce trainning? I'm a bit confused. Doesn't bother me or anything, just curious.

Fourth, if this incident encourages him to find somewhere a bit more secure to train and play with gadgets, that's good.

Not much else to say otherwise. Not really anything that catches my attention. I'll wait the full issue to give a proper judgment of said comic.

BANNED

They seem to have solified a 6 year work history with Batman, with him dicking around as a vigilante before that while in the midst of his 4 year training.

This means they have settled on a ten year timeline for Bruce's overall vision of being Batman, from the start to the present. As far as Damian goes, it seems pretty convenient. I believe Bruce and Talia will have met in a more Nolan fashion, prior to his being Batman. Just edit him into a ninja suit in that love-making scene 10 years ago and you have Damian's new origin.

Looking real good. Snyder and Capullo are Batman magic, I hope they never leave.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

BANNED

I don't know, maybe it's me, but nothing about that made me want to pick up the book and keep reading.

1) How the hell can a Kane run Wayne Enterprises? This isnt how this works.
    2) Mr Earle was awesome in Begins why not use him? I loved that smug mofo!
    3) More crazy stupid tech from Snyder that serves no purpose. Why settle for a plastic mask when you can use that high tech mask in Batman #1? Hopefully no one will touch your face.
    4) Retcon to year one. Gordon didnt pay a visit to Wayne Manor and Bruce didnt pretend he was drunk to fool him. It's not a big deal, but why are they messing with this?
    5) Gordon just went through the entire manor and found the rooftop where Bruce was playing? He literally crossed someone else's house, a huge house at that, just to talk to Bruce who he magically knew where he was? You just dont do that. This was just to set up the scene and have the reader worry about Gordon seeing the boomerang. Seriously, who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by the goddamn batman View Post
    I don't know, maybe it's me, but nothing about that made me want to pick up the book and keep reading.
    Will the magic boomerang come back and kill Gordon? Buy the book and find out!
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 09-06-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    1) How the hell can a Kane run Wayne Enterprises?
    3) More crazy stupid tech from Snyder that serves no purpose. Why settle for a plastic mask when you can use that high tech mask in Batman #1? Hopefully no one will touch your face.
    4) Retcon to year one. Gordon didnt pay a visit to Wayne Manor and Bruce didnt pretend he was drunk to fool him. It's not a big deal, but why are they messing with this?
    What surprizes me a bit is the fact he specifically said he wouldn't "mess" with Year One.
    Now personnaly, I don't care if they do, reboot and all that, but that seems a bit weird to say "Yeah, I won't do that", and do it anyway.
    Of course, it could be assumed that it only means their first meeting in Year One wasn't actually their first meeting, but.......yeah that doesn't really work.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

BANNED

Honestly, the only parts of Year One that can still stand is that Batman crashed a dinner party with some one-liners and put out a candle.

In Detective, we see Bruce burst through the door and go "LOL BATMAN".

There was no mention of him coming home in that old green jacket, in the scene where he rings the bell to summon Alfred.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    In Detective, we see Bruce burst through the door and go "LOL BATMAN".

There was no mention of him coming home in that old green jacket, in the scene where he rings the bell to summon Alfred.
    From what I recall, he doesn't mention Batman or symbols or anything like that--at that point, he could just be thinking, "I'm going to fight crime."

New continuity.

He isn't a Kane and I'm not sure if DC own Mr Earle as a character anyway.

Didn't say that didn't happen.

5) Gordon just went through the entire manor and found the rooftop where Bruce was playing? He literally crossed someone else's house, a huge house at that, just to talk to Bruce who he magically knew where he was? You just dont do that. This was just to set up the scene and have the reader worry about Gordon seeing the boomerang. Seriously, who cares? Will the magic boomerang come back and kill Gordon? Buy the book and find out!
    Are they in the manor? It looks like they were on the roof of some building in the industrial district.
    The two most powerful warriors are patience and time - Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmaac View Post
    New continuity.
    You cant run the company of your sister's husband just because they both died. But seeing that the Kanes are bad guys in both this and Detective #0 i'm guessing they're setting something up.
    He isn't a Kane and I'm not sure if DC own Mr Earle as a character anyway.
    1) He was a board member.
    2) What does a Kane have to do with the Wayne enterprises?
    3) Earle was in one of their movies. How can they not own him?
    Are they in the manor? It looks like they were on the roof of some building in the industrial district.
    I think it's the manor. The rooftop is just too busy with details. And even if it isnt, how did Gordon know where to find him?

5) Gordon just went through the entire manor and found the rooftop where Bruce was playing? He literally crossed someone else's house, a huge house at that, just to talk to Bruce who he magically knew where he was? You just dont do that. This was just to set up the scene and have the reader worry about Gordon seeing the boomerang. Seriously, who cares? Will the magic boomerang come back and kill Gordon? Buy the book and find out!
    Honestly, I can't believe you. Seriously, in all of those problems you listed and not one mention about the spelling error. You are slipping. I hardly know you anymore! *Runs away sobbing*

*Runs back* Anyhow, here's my thoughts on your listing.
    1) No comment.
    2) I don't see a reason to really use him. Frankly, I forgot he even existed.
    3) And this makes how many devices anyways? 3? The contacts, the mask, and this boomrang. Not really a big deal honestly.
    4) Not a big deal like you said. Frankly, it's doesn't really change anything in terms of the story in any fashion.
    5) I see your point, but honestly, I don't care. I more see this scene as one of the reasons why Batman would end up getting his batcave.

BANNED

Brilliant! Just brilliant! Can't wait for this issue. Seems like this scene will be setting up Bruce's idea for the batcave maybe? Because its more private. Snyder is just genius and I love Capullo's art good to see him back even though I loved Cloonan's work last month I missed Greg.