Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Manapul, Buccellato Engage "The Flash" in "Gorilla Warfare"

"The Flash" creative team Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato speak about "Flash" #0, the origin of Barry Allen and bringing Gorilla Grodd back to the forefront with the upcoming "Gorilla Warfare" arc.

Full article here.

Finally some gorillas. I was starting to wonder if really it was a Flash comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Finally some gorillas. I was starting to wonder if really it was a Flash comics.
    Did you not read the issue where Flash went to Gorilla City?
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Veteran Member

The reason why Gorilla Grodd hates The Flash and humans in general makes so much sense.

Plus, I'm calling it now: Dr. Elias is going to become the new Zoom.

Looks great. I hope these guys stay on the book for a really long time, it's a great series that captures what the Flash should be.

Francis Manapul: It's one of those things where I like drawing them on the covers, but then as we were doing the story I was like, "God -- that's a lot of gorillas!"
    That should be the quote on the cover of the trade
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

All we know is he got struck by lightning and next thing we know he was the Flash, but what made him become that? What inspired him to become the Flash?
    Because, maybe, he's a heroic guy who wants to do some good, and he lives in a world where people who want to do that become superheroes? Sometimes no further explanation is needed.

Modern Comic Book writers should have the word "Verisimilitude" taped to their computer monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    Like someone else said, their was a issue set in Gorilla city once.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Best New 52 book. My favorite book out right now. Brian and Francis are killing it! Brian is going to be at Las Vegas Comic Expo definately getting his Herbie Hancock on #1!
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

This sounds great! It sure looks like this book will continue to improve.

This book is so awesome, everything about it is top notch!

Love this title. Can't say enough good things about it.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

I am stoked that we are getting back into an arc format with this book! I mean, I really liked the one shots with all the Rogues but I am stoked for a long Grodd arc

Quote Originally Posted by hutchimus View Post
    Because, maybe, he's a heroic guy who wants to do some good, and he lives in a world where people who want to do that become superheroes? Sometimes no further explanation is needed.

Amen! The same goes for Grodd, sometimes evil is evil for no other reason. Blurring the lines and applying a degree of empathy conveys a level of naivety that to me is not interesting.

I was looking for a spot to jump back in to reading the FLASH, but the more interviews these creators do, the less interested I get. It's too bad really, because I think the art is amazing, but that alone is not enough to get me back.
    Last edited by Schatzie; 09-07-2012 at 09:03 PM.

One of the best things to come out of Flashpoint was the Grodd of War one-shot. Excellent origin/explanation for him. Evil for evil's sake, but still with depth and nuance...too bad there was never any payoff for that setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Schatzie View Post
    Amen! The same goes for Grodd, sometimes evil is evil for no other reason. Blurring the lines and applying a degree of empathy conveys a level of naivety that to me is not interesting.

I was looking for a spot to jump back in to reading the FLASH, but the more interviews these creators do, the less interested I get. It's too bad really, because I think the art is amazing, but that alone is not enough to get me back.
    They aren't really making Grodd less evil, more that they are giving him a reason for being "evil". I don't really see the problem in that.