Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Valiant Teases Wrath of the "Eternal Warrior" For Baltimore

Valiant Entertainment has provided CBR with an exclusive teaser for the revival of its "Eternal Warrior" series with more details at the publisher's panel at Baltimore Comic-Con this weekend.

Full article here.

Nice! Can't wait for the Valiant NYCC panel!!!

Here's hoping that Gilad and Aric still wont like each other.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Those original windsor smith stories (issue 6,7) with Darque were the best of the series.. can't wait.

Sounds more like a new storyline as opposed to a new series just judging by the title. I wonder if this is going to be the second arc of Archer and Armstrong, seeing as the immortals are tying into that storyline pretty tightly. Whatever it ends up being, I'm looking forward to the anouncement!
    Omactivate! RIP

Attention! Invading alien scum! I am Bentley, scourge of man, destroyer of hope, and I also have a passing interest in dinosaurs -- Prepare to surrender now!

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior sounds like a very vengeance filled book. How long can sheer rage sustain the character? I don't recall the 90's version being of that strictly held attitude but it's been awhile. Still, rage has worked for Frank Castle fairly well so I'm eager to see what is revealed at Baltimore Comic Con.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

"wrath of the eternal warrior" could just be for a teaser, as opposed to the actual title of the book.

Even if not it still may not be particularly indicative of the direction of the book.

"Savage" Hawkman, "invincible" Iron Man, "Amazing" Spider-man etc are all kinda groundless prefix'.

Quote Originally Posted by CSPDX View Post
    Sounds more like a new storyline as opposed to a new series just judging by the title. I wonder if this is going to be the second arc of Archer and Armstrong, seeing as the immortals are tying into that storyline pretty tightly. Whatever it ends up being, I'm looking forward to the anouncement!
    I agree with this, but looking forward to seeing EW anywhere, hope there's also a Geomancer present.
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

1. Pretty sure this is like the initial Ninjak tease and just for EWs first (full) appearance in A&A #5. The solicit for that book already teases the introduction of a major character.

2. I have never wanted to live in Maryland again as I do right now. Wish I could make it to this con, grab some swag and attend that panel.

3. Sweet title design for EW...probably my favorite one yet.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Man, this has me jacked up for whatever it is they plan on announcing! I was hoping that Eternal Warrior would get his own series after seeing the teaser in the Valiant FCBD issue and even though I've never read the old series I can see that he's an important part of the Valiant universe and I can't wait to see him in action. I like the teaser image on the CBR website, it's mysterious and the black image with the white lettering is a good way to tease something epic, hopefully the news is a brand new series coming early 2012 or somewhere around there.

Yay! I'm up for anything that Valiant puts out.

Hey... it just occurred to me... the Eternal Warrior was teased alongside Rai in the FCBD issue, right? Old-school Valiant always had two distinct eras heir books were based in, Rai being the big one of the 41st Century setting. Eternal Warrior stars an immortal... what if his book is set in e same time period? That might be cool. It would help build that side of the line up.
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

As soon as I read that title I thought "man I hope Justin Jordan is writing this too!"

I agree with those who think this just means a new storyline for A&A, but I'm hoping Eternal Warrior will get his own book, and that the author of the hyper violent Luther Strode will get to write it.

I love how they managed to work EW's knuckle spikes into the logo.
    X-O Manowar. Harbinger. Bloodshot. Archer & Armstrong. Swamp Thing. Dial H. Captain Marvel. Hit-Girl. Saga. Prophet. Read my reviews of these and more at The Comic Book Couple!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post
    As soon as I read that title I thought "man I hope Justin Jordan is writing this too!"

I agree with those who think this just means a new storyline for A&A, but I'm hoping Eternal Warrior will get his own book, and that the author of the hyper violent Luther Strode will get to write it.

Actually, Josh Dysart said in an interview that he would love to write an Eternal Warrior book. With the awesomeness he is doing on Harbinger, I would have no problem with that.

I am sure he will get a series eventually...I wonder if VALIANT will be using these appearances to gauge who deserves a solo series? I know they have plans for when they want to launch new books, but may be fluid in what those titles actually will be.

As far as the future timeline, I would be perfectly happy with that as the premise for his solo book. Gilad could very easily fill the Magnus role as future freedom fighter and it would help differentiate him from the "modern day" books like Bloodshot and XO, while still appearing in other titles in the present day.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel Supreme View Post

Actually, Josh Dysart said in an interview that he would love to write an Eternal Warrior book. With the awesomeness he is doing on Harbinger, I would have no problem with that.

I am sure he will get a series eventually...I wonder if VALIANT will be using these appearances to gauge who deserves a solo series? I know they have plans for when they want to launch new books, but may be fluid in what those titles actually will be.

As far as the future timeline, I would be perfectly happy with that as the premise for his solo book. Gilad could very easily fill the Magnus role as future freedom fighter and it would help differentiate him from the "modern day" books like Bloodshot and XO, while still appearing in other titles in the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Man, this has me jacked up for whatever it is they plan on announcing! I was hoping that Eternal Warrior would get his own series after seeing the teaser in the Valiant FCBD issue and even though I've never read the old series I can see that he's an important part of the Valiant universe and I can't wait to see him in action. I like the teaser image on the CBR website, it's mysterious and the black image with the white lettering is a good way to tease something epic, hopefully the news is a brand new series coming early 2012 or somewhere around there.
    Early 2012 already happened... hahaha