Page 5 of 161 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

My prediction Titans beat Patriots 27to17. Jake Locker throws a td to wright ,runs for a td with multiple patriots unable to stop him,Chris Johnson runs for a td and more than 101 yards.Also Titans d produces a fumble they recover from Woodhead and 2 interceptions.
    I'll be watching the game and others at Buffalo Wild Wings.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

My prediction for Chiefs/Falcons ..... Falcons 34-17 . The Chiefs maybe missing 3-5 starters on defense due to injuries.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

FirestormTheNuclearMan is so sure he posted it twice:

My prediction Titans beat Patriots 27to17. Jake Locker throws a td to wright ,runs for a td with multiple patriots unable to stop him,Chris Johnson runs for a td and more than 101 yards.Also Titans d produces a fumble they recover from Woodhead and 2 interceptions.
    I'll be watching the game and others at Buffalo Wild Wings.
    **reserves right to point and laugh when this doesn't happen**
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

My prediction is that Houston is going to stomp a mud-hole in my Dolphins, ride them hard and then put them up wet.

It's gonna be a looooooong season...
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

Roy Williams annouced his retirement today. Williams had tried out for the Texans and declined an offer to try out for Miami earlier this off-season. According to Williams he knew he was gonna retire once he declined trying out for the Dolphins.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

That makes me happy, because I'm SICK of my 'Phins picking up these guys at the ends of their careers and NEVER having it work out.
    'Dox out.

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

AFC
    ______

Patriots
    Bills (Wild Card)
    Jets
    Dolphins

New England isn't as rock solid as it used to be. But as long as they have Tom Brady they will be tough to beat. Buffalo is a team on the rise. Though I'm not yet sold on Fitzpatrick. The gossip is louder than the results in Jetland. It's incredible to think Miami used to be one of the NFL's premiere franchises for so long.

Ravens
    Steelers (Wild Card)
    Bengals
    Browns

If the present group of Ravens are going to make the final move back to a Superbowl, this year is it. Pittsburgh looks like a wild card again. But are dangerous as always. I see Cincy taking a step back this year. Cleveland has some nice young talent but is too far back.

Texans
    Titans
    Colts
    Jags

Houston wins almost by default. Indy challenging for second would not shock me. But I think Tennessee is the better team. Jacksonville will be one of the worst clubs this year.

Chiefs
    Broncos
    Chargers
    Raiders

I like KC's defense and think the Chiefs will play for Romeo Crennel. Denver will be in the mix but I don't see a repeat of the luck and health they had last year. San Diego missed their wave and Norv Turner is not the answer. Though they needed a QB, the Carson Palmer trade doesn't look so good. The Raiders are kind of in transition anyway.

NFC
    ______

Giants
    Eagles
    Cowboys
    Redskins

Yeah the Giants start slow. So what? They will be there at the end. Philly could also win the East. But will Vick stay healthy? Dallas always looks better on paper than they play on the field. Washington will be they best last place team in the league this year. Look out Cowboys. (And maybe Eagles.)

Packers
    Bears (Wild Card)
    Lions
    Vikings

The Pack don't have a running game but they don't need it to rack up regular season wins. Chicago should be somewhat improved. Their D is bruising. I don't trust Cutler to get them to the championship level though and Urlacher is just about done. Detroit needs a better secondary before they can renew their push. Minnesota is outmatched.

Panthers
    Saints (Wild Card)
    Falcons
    Bucs

I'll play a hunch and say Cam has a nice second year and breaks the dark horse Panthers to the top of a South division wrought with confusion. New Orleans is still dangerous so long as they have Brees and a great core of receivers. I'm not sold on Atlanta as anything more than a borderline playoff team. They look like another almost but not quite group ala San Diego and Dallas to me. As last place teams go, Tampa isn't so bad. Just in over their heads.

49ers
    Seahawks
    Cardinals
    Rams

San Fran's defense should guide them to another west crown. Seattle could be a dark horse in the NFC. Fitzgerald is great but Arizona doesn't have much else. Fischer has his work cut out for him in St.Louis.

Super Bowl - Packers over Ravens

BANNED

No way the Panthers finish above the Falcons. The Panthers have Cam and Steve Smith... that's it. Their defense is non existent. ATL has the likes of Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Michael Turner to help out Matt Ryan. And with Mike Nolan as the new D co-ordinator and the capture of Asante Samuel, they'll be a takeaway machine. I forsee both White and Jones with over a thousand yards and 80 receptions this year. They and Matt Ryan will light up the Panthers and Saints defenses.

I also don't see the Saints meeting their usual levels. The loss of Sean Payton can't be underestimated. His schemes and play calling are what made the Saints what they are now. Brees is still ridiculously good, but Payton is more important to that team.

I think ATL will finish top, and maybe both Carolina and New Orleans get wildcard berths.
    Last edited by Lord Bravery; 09-09-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Making Mischief The Great Grape's Avatar

Like I said, I'm not drinking the kool aid on the Falcons yet. The Panthers are a hunch play I admit. (I'd likely pick the Saints if I had to bet real money on it or something.) But I have to see Atlanta actually fulfill it's potential on the gridiron with a deep playoff run before I believe in them.
    Last edited by The Great Grape; 09-09-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    That makes me happy, because I'm SICK of my 'Phins picking up these guys at the ends of their careers and NEVER having it work out.
    Well he was 30....and its an early retirement for someone that old.

In other news the Patriots have had a confusing case with future hall of fame guard Brian Waters. The all-pro guard never said a word about quitting but hasn't showed up in camp or preseason. Its claimed he hated being so far away from his family during the season and its likely why he'd decided not to play this season or perhaps end it. Waters is 34. Kraft has said he won't slam Waters because he doesn't know his situation but hopes he will come back.

BANNED

Ryan just carved through the Chiefs D on the opening drive. Julio for the jump ball in the end zone. Looking good so far! :D

Was going to watch the Lions, but I forgot I'm near Cleve Land, so I have to suffer the Browns.
    Last Son of Detroit

WRTA / Twitter
    / Bijou In Midnight Blue

the Patriots are doing what they do
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Ryan just carved through the Chiefs D on the opening drive. Julio for the jump ball in the end zone. Looking good so far! :D
    The defense is missing 3-5 guys . It was already gonna be a hard game for them , but missing so many guys against an offense with so many players...not so good.

So Buffalo , handing Fritzpatrick $59 million was smart last year how ?