Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Since everyone is making Pics....I will too

AFC:

AFC East:
    1. Pats 2. Bills 3. Jets 4. Dolphins

The Pats are the clear favorite here, cuz right now the rest of the division is all over the place. Though the Bills could maybe make a run for the wild card. Maybe.

AFC North:

1. Steelers 2. Bengals 3. Ravens 4. Browns

This was a tough one because this is arguably one of the toughest divisions in the football. I do think the Bengals are on the rise and the Steelers and Ravens are on the down turn, but I put the Bengals over the Ravens cuz I'd rather have Andy Dalton the Joe Flaco. And the Browns are who we thought they are.

AFC South:

1. Texans 2. Titans 3 Colts 4. Jaguars

Texans are the favorites but I think the Titans have a shot at a wild card spot. Luck will surprise a lot of people and the Jags will continue to be the Jags.

The Wild Wild AFC West:

1. Raiders 2. Broncos 3. Chiefs 4. Chargers

The good old AFC West is always hard to pick because it always comes down to week 17. I pick the Raiders because despite what a lot of people think...they have talent...it just needs to stay healthy and i beleive the Defense will be a WHOLE lot better than last year. It won't be a top 10 D but they'll get the job done. Honestly the Chiefs and Broncos could be interchangeable. Chiefs have a lot of young talent and a nice pair of RBs but i don't trust Castle while with the Broncos I think Peyton will be fine (he'll struggle a bit but he'll be fine) but i'm not sold on the talent around him. Also the Chargers are on the decline.

Wild Cards:

Toss up really. I don't see a wild card coming from the AFC East, and the Titans are really the only team from the AFC South who could make a push. So that really leaves the AFC North and the AFC West to fill the wild card spots. But for the sake of sport I'm picking the Bengals and the Broncos as the wild cards.

NFC:

NFC East:

1. Giants 2. Cowboys 3. Eagles 4. Redskins

Despite the Cowboys win on Wed, I still believe Eli and the G-Men take it. The Eagles are busted up and the Redskins despite RGIII are still the Redskins.

NFC South:

1. Saints 2. Panthers 3. Falcons 4. Buccaneers

One could argue that any of the first three could win the NFC South. Buccs not so much.

NFC North:

1 Packers 2. Lions 3. Bears 4. Vikings

Packers are still the best but the Lions and the Bears could be interchangeable. And the Vikings are still the Vikings.

NFC West

1. 49ners 2. Seahawks 3. Cardinals 4. Rams

I believe this is pretty much the general consensus.

Wild Cards:

This one is tougher because there a lot of good teams fighting for a spot. I'm picking the Panthers and the Seahawks. I think Cam does take the Panthers to the playoffs and I think the Seahawks are going to surprise a lot of people.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

CHI -10, MIN -4, NYJ -3, HOU -12, STL +7.5, NE -6, NO -7, PHI -9.5, ATL -2.5, ARI +3, CAR -2.5, GB -5, PIT -2, BAL -6.5, SD +1
    Overall: 1-0

EDIT: Sorry, switched the first pick/CHI
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 09-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.

"Browns to recognize Modell at Sunday's opener."

Why do I get the feeling that that is going to be a bad idea?
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post

that does not sound like a smart decision
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    that does not sound like a smart decision
    Cleveland will at least get some national television coverage...of one sort or another.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

I'm still trying to make sense of the players from BountyGate having their suspensions overturned, and what that means for Sunday. The Saints are still without much of their coaching staff, of course.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

only one of the formerly suspended players is expected to play....I don't think any of them are in game shape, but now they can go to the team facilities and start training hard

I personally think the appeal is horses**t and all it has done is made it worse for the next player that gets in trouble....the Hammer is going to come down soooo hard on whoever crosses his path next

I think this entire thing has made Goodell look like a fool

which he is of-course
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebro McTypo View Post
    I think this entire thing has made Goodell look like a fool

which he is of-course
    how is he a fool? genuinely curious, considering he has done more to make the NFL safe in his sort tenure than Tagliabue did his entire f'ng career

how is he a fool? genuinely curious, considering he has done more to make the NFL safe in his sort tenure than Tagliabue did his entire f'ng career
    I'll give that he's done a lot to improve the safety of the game....but let the players play.

Plus all the rules on kick-off that he added were lame
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

I'll give that he's done a lot to improve the safety of the game....but let the players play.

Plus all the rules on kick-off that he added were lame
    and those changes to kick off have not really had much of an impact, as the numbers showed last year..there were more touchbacks, but there was also an increase in return yardage

its not about letting the players play, its about having a bounty system that team was told TWICE to cease, and didn't...in one case, even lying that they did stop it when they really didn't

look...bounties are part of the football culture, from HS on through college and to the NFL, but most teams have the good sense to not write stuff down or get caught on tape talking about it

and he did not add those changes to the kickoff, they were agreed upon by both the NFL and the NFLPA

look...bounties are part of the football culture, from HS on through college and to the NFL, but most teams have the good sense to not write stuff down or get caught on tape talking about it
    I agree. If your stupid enough to get caught then you should pay. That's why you have all the stuff on a thumb drive with a self destruct button in case it gets into the wrong hands lol.

But getting down too it, I'm not a fan of Roger Goodell plain and simple.
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

I agree. If your stupid enough to get caught then you should pay. That's why you have all the stuff on a thumb drive with a self destruct button in case it gets into the wrong hands lol.

But getting down too it, I'm not a fan of Roger Goodell plain and simple.
    but is there some specific reason? he actually enforces the personal conduct policy and lets these athletes know if they get in trouble there will be consequences...that it is a privelige to play in the NFL, not a right

he actively has the NFL working with the medical profession to track physical and mental deteriation, there are a number of former players that are on a permanent disability with the NFL, basically the NFL covers their medical care for the duration of their lives

so is there something specific you don't like or do you just need to focus your misguided frustration about the changes being made at someone in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post

Modell's family has asked the team not to do anything. They are respecting his wishes.

Thankfully. As much as I hate to admit it, there are a lot of Browns fans who are assholes. Especially when it comes to the subject of Art Modell. Trying to have a moment of silence would have been a bad idea.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Modell's family has asked the team not to do anything. They are respecting his wishes.

Thankfully. As much as I hate to admit it, there are a lot of Browns fans who are assholes. Especially when it comes to the subject of Art Modell. Trying to have a moment of silence would have been a bad idea.
    The hate sadly still lingers. I respect Modell for what he did for the NFL. But sadly the fans there will never forgive .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.