Page 154 of 161 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2401
  1. #2296
    Unicorns are tasty! Tadhg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    That means fucking every team except the Washington Redskins, I believe.
    Gillette was privately funded. But yes, fuck the rest of them.
    I love bipolar danger girl forever!

  2. #2297
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Beyonce isn't my thing, but she should be fine.
    People are wondering now how bad it will be. Because of the lip synching debacle from 2 weeks earlier when she lip synched for the Presidential Inauguration. Its gotten so much flack she had to sing for 2-3 minutes in front of reporters to prove she will be singing tomorrow.

    Last year's Madonna performance where she lip synched came under fire too. So the pressure is on for poor Beyonce.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  3. #2298
    The Dark Knight Returns DonC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Cleve
    Posts
    13,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People are wondering now how bad it will be. Because of the lip synching debacle from 2 weeks earlier when she lip synched for the Presidential Inauguration. Its gotten so much flack she had to sing for 2-3 minutes in front of reporters to prove she will be singing tomorrow.

    Last year's Madonna performance where she lip synched came under fire too. So the pressure is on for poor Beyonce.

    She didn't have to sing in front of those reporters. In fact, I believe that was unplanned by the NFL. All she has to do in not suck like the Black Eyed Peas did.

    Next year's game is at the Meadowlands and it's already expected that Bon Jovi will play the halftime. That should be good.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

  4. #2299
    Idaho Spuds Slam_Bradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    16,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    She didn't have to sing in front of those reporters. In fact, I believe that was unplanned by the NFL. All she has to do in not suck like the Black Eyed Peas did.

    Next year's game is at the Meadowlands and it's already expected that Bon Jovi will play the halftime. That should be good.

    You have an odd definition of "good".

  5. #2300
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People are wondering now how bad it will be. Because of the lip synching debacle from 2 weeks earlier when she lip synched for the Presidential Inauguration. Its gotten so much flack she had to sing for 2-3 minutes in front of reporters to prove she will be singing tomorrow.

    Last year's Madonna performance where she lip synched came under fire too. So the pressure is on for poor Beyonce.
    total horrid PR move...there is a difference between singing in a closed room with some reporters and singing in front a sold out raucous crowd...that and Alicia Keyes is totally going to smoke any version of the anthem that Beyonce could ever hope to sing
    Support your local roller derby league

  6. #2301
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    You have an odd definition of "good".
    I can only hope its -10 degrees and snowing come SB time next year
    Support your local roller derby league

  7. #2302
    Idaho Spuds Slam_Bradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    16,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I can only hope its -10 degrees and snowing come SB time next year
    If it will keep Bon Jovi from "singing" I agree.

  8. #2303
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,370

    Default

    Part of me wants Guns n Roses to be booked for the halftime and Axl to show up late for it. It would be a funny thing to see the sportscasters scramble for time and to keep airing segments til Rose hit the stage.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  9. #2304
    Senior Member RatFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    When is AC/DC gonna play half time? That's who I'm waiting for.

  10. #2305
    Senior Member RatFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    If it will keep Bon Jovi from "singing" I agree.
    I'd much rather see Bon Jovi than Madonna.

  11. #2306
    Nyah! Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoo MI/Millennium City MI
    Posts
    33,411

    Default

    Vibranium hadn't noticed?:

    I can only hope its -10 degrees and snowing come SB time next year
    They don't ever play the SB anywhere where that would happen. Indoors or warm-weather climes only.
    'Dox out.

    "But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

    "Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

    "And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega


    Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

  12. #2307
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    They don't ever play the SB anywhere where that would happen. Indoors or warm-weather climes only.
    next year the Super Bowl will be played in Met Life Stadium...which is in East Rutherford, NJ...tonights temp in the area is 24 degrees with a light snow mist

    now hush when grown folks is talking
    Support your local roller derby league

  13. #2308
    Nyah! Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoo MI/Millennium City MI
    Posts
    33,411

    Default

    Yeah, I was just discovering that. That's a first. And one they will regret, I'm sure.
    'Dox out.

    "But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

    "Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

    "And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega


    Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

  14. #2309
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yeah, I was just discovering that. That's a first. And one they will regret, I'm sure.
    I highly doubt it....I think it will be a rousing success, you'll have some actual fans there for once as opposed to the leeches and corporate whores that go just to be seen and IMO will open the door for more SB venues in cold weather cities...Chicago, Washington DC, so on
    Support your local roller derby league

  15. #2310
    Senior Member RatFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I highly doubt it....I think it will be a rousing success, you'll have some actual fans there for once as opposed to the leeches and corporate whores that go just to be seen and IMO will open the door for more SB venues in cold weather cities...Chicago, Washington DC, so on
    Only if they get brand new stadiums.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •