Page 153 of 161 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2401

Yes, Nevada is WAC, and I don't know where Slam went, but there's several Idaho teams in it.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Yes, Nevada is WAC, and I don't know where Slam went, but there's several Idaho teams in it.
    Im a college football fan and am familiar with a number of rivalries, the real ones anyway

wasn't aware of any rivalry between Nevada and Iowa
    Support your local roller derby league

Eh, everyone in your conference is always at least a little bit of a rival.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

Boise State. Nevada was the site of the shanked field goal that cost us a BCS bowl. Kapernick was the Nevada quarterback. It was a very bad night in my house that night.

Eh, everyone in your conference is always at least a little bit of a rival.
    that is incorrect, at least on this side of the country

usually its a specific game or incidents that lead into a rivalry

Well, there's rivalries and there's rivalries. No one from the U of M gets excited about playing Northwestern, but they don't wish them well, either.
    'Dox out.

Nevada would be in the top three for rivals for Boise State. Idaho was an easy number one...but we don't play them any more. Then it would be Nevada and Fresno State.

Well, there's rivalries and there's rivalries. No one from the U of M gets excited about playing Northwestern, but they don't wish them well, either.
    true

10 char

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Over at NFL.Com , Laurent Robinson is worried about his future career and health after suffering 4 concussions in 1 year.

http://www.nflevolution.com/article/...sions?ref=4846

I can't help but think maybe he should retire. Its not worth your health as he's already having issues with headaches and all.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

*sigh*

Once again Browns fans are cheering the fact that Art Modell wasn't elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Come on, people, Modell moving the team was 100% on then-mayor Mike White. Cleveland paid for new homes for the Indians and Cavs, along with the Great Lakes Science Center and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, while Art waited patiently for his turn. When that turn came, the city pleaded poverty. They had spent over $400M for those other projects (keep in mind, this was almost 20 years ago) and said the coffers were empty. Maybe they could renovate the old stadium, built in 1931, but that was all. So Modell did what was best for his business--he left.

I don't blame him. Not one bit. But the ignorant fans of Cleveland have chosen Modell as the bad guy so he gets vilified while Mike White gets a school named after him.

*sigh*
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Personally, I'd say fuck both those guys. Fuck every team owner that demands a publicly funded stadium and fuck every elected official that caves.
    I love bipolar danger girl forever!

The 7 players inducted in...

1.) Chris Carter - Yes...after years of being the dumbest voters known to man and holding Carter's later off-field ego against him...they voted him in. Realizing it was just too pathetic to hold someones off field life against them. Its claimed when told Carter broke down crying over the news. Shocking him they finally elected him in.

2.) Larry Allen - The once great guard of those 90's Dallas teams has went in as well. Allen was part of a line that paved the way for Emmitt Smith.

3.) Bill Parcells - One of the funniest inductions , Parcells would have went in , years ago...but kept un-retiring to come back and add to his Hall of Fame resume.

4.) Jonathon Odgen - The 1st real selection by the Ravens that we see now , Odgen paved the way for Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes in 2000. A good selection here.

5.) Warren Sapp - It surprised me he went in 1st vote , but Sapp was such a hell of a dominant DT. Setting the pace on what coaches want out of a DT now in the NFL. Forget his years with the Raiders. In Tampa...Sapp was a monster.

2 senior selections....

6.) Curly Culp - The longtime Chief had been on the list for 10-15 years and finally went in. Congrats for him.

7.) Dave Robinson - LB ftom Green Bay was also on the list for a number of years and finally went in.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

The NY Daily News basically claims what we all know...not many want Beyonce at the Halftime show . Their pick is one that will shock you.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1253856

Quote Originally Posted by Tadhg View Post
    Personally, I'd say fuck both those guys. Fuck every team owner that demands a publicly funded stadium and fuck every elected official that caves.

That means fucking every team except the Washington Redskins, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The NY Daily News basically claims what we all know...not many want Beyonce at the Halftime show . Their pick is one that will shock you.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1253856

Beyonce isn't my thing, but she should be fine.