Page 151 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2401

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    instead he nudged a State Trooper with his car, left Minnesota, quit when he was on a really bad team
    He didn't "quit" on a really bad team. He just had really bad numbers because he was on a really bad team.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Agreed. So greatest receiver of all-time, in my mind, is whether or not the player is the greatest wide receiver of all-time, not whether or not he accumulated the most stats at the position.
    He's top #5 right now. I do love how he's pissed Jerry Rice off because really...Rice took shots at him when he retired. And Moss only retired due to family reasons and wanting to heal up more (he had shoulder and leg issues) . Which to me made me feel as classy as Rice can be , it was the wrong thing to knock someone for wanting to retire then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    coulda, woulda, shoulda

instead he nudged a State Trooper with his car, left Minnesota, quit when he was on a really bad team

I think he will play his ass off this Sunday because he knows that this is his ultimate last stop for any chance at a legacy
    To be fair Moss was hurt that final season and limped in some games for the Vikings. That one final game where he limped and was throwing blocks and being a decoy summed up how shitty the attitude of the Vikings was. Moss couldn't come out for an onside kick and went to the locker room and fans went ape shit. Not realizing the guy was obviously hurt that entire game. No...he left 1 minute early ..fuck him.

Moss had issues with attitude ..sure. But that final season where he was hurt ...that was out of his control and he tried playing.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Ari Gold critiques our mockery:

Do you really think this guy is a "football player"?
    Yes, of course he is. Anything else is just stupid.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Not sure why you guys are so eager to mock Bayless with George Blanda, who clearly is not someone he's referring to as Blanda played Quarterback, and even Linebacker in the NFL.

Though I agree with Bayless for the most part, there's plenty of ways for y'all to disagree with him without going out of context. Do you really think this guy is a "football player"?

Though I would also prefer kicking of all sorts taken out of football, I've just recently realized how necessary they are to keeping the game interesting. Touchdowns are hard to come by, and if they were the only means of scoring points many more games would become less-interesting faster.
    I mocked before bringing up Blanda. Or Paul Hornung who also kicked.

But setting that aside I'd still mock him.

If he wants to say "kicking is boring" or "I don't like it". Fine.

But when he lets loose with it being "a goofy gimmick" that "somehow evolved" in football, one of two things is happening. Either he's blowing shit to be edgy and controversial, in which case he's a douche, or he knows nothing about the history of the sport, in which case he should shut the fuck up and let the grown-ups talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    But when he lets loose with it being "a goofy gimmick" that "somehow evolved" in football, one of two things is happening. Either he's blowing shit to be edgy and controversial, in which case he's a douche, or he knows nothing about the history of the sport, in which case he should shut the fuck up and let the grown-ups talk.
    Or he thinks it's ridiculous that football is the most popular sport going for all the reasons we love football, and thinks it's ridiculous that a "non-football" play then decides the final outcome of the game.

It's like deciding soccer matches on penalty kicks.

Or he thinks it's ridiculous that football is the most popular sport going for all the reasons we love football, and thinks it's ridiculous that a "non-football" play then decides the final outcome of the game.

It's like deciding soccer matches on penalty kicks.
    How in the Fuck is it a non-football play when it has been a part of football from the very beginning? Field goals were worth more than or the same as touchdowns until 1903.

He's talking out his ass or he's willfully ignorant.

It's a part of the game. It's been a part of the game from the beginning. Quibbling over whether or not they're "real football players" is like that nonsense about "real fans". It's whiny bullshit.

EDIT: Partial Coke to the Slam.

EDIT II: And really? You want to remove one of the few parts of football that actually involves a foot?
    Last edited by Paradox; 02-01-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    It's a part of the game. It's been a part of the game from the beginning. Quibbling over whether or not they're "real football players" is like that nonsense about "real fans". It's whiny bullshit.

EDIT: Partial Coke to the Slam.
    I try not to fall into this...but the non football entities that attach themselves to the Super Bowl like blood sucking leeches really grind my gears

I know people who wouldn't know a touchdown from a punch in the face that have SB parties

it is my angry face button
    Support your local roller derby league

See, that's a little different. If they don't care for football, they're not a fan of any kind. That's all the word means...you like something. If they like it, but don't know diddly about it, they're still as real a fan as anyone else.
    'Dox out.

Is there really much in the sport that is more exciting than a kick or punt return for a touchdown? And I say that as both a defense guy and as someone who watches the line play a hell of a lot more than the rest of the game.

Somehow a game winning field goal is non-football, but being forced to go for it on fourth and seven is an improvement on the game. Ludicrous.

I hate that whole "decided by" concept anyway. Just because it's the part that puts your score over theirs doesn't mean it wasn't decided by the whole game.
    'Dox out.

Y'all can disagree, and that's fine, but I prefer to have games decided by all the players and football plays on the field other than field goals. To each his own I suppose.

That's fine, as long as you're fine with us seeing that as silly and petulant.
    'Dox out.

Y'all can disagree, and that's fine, but I prefer to have games decided by all the players and football plays on the field other than field goals. To each his own I suppose.
    Where are the players during the field goals? And where do the field goals take place. Off in someone's guest house?

I hate it when games are decided by passing. It's lame, they should only run the ball.
    'Dox out.