Page 105 of 161 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2401

The Bears have eliminated the Giants from any chance of making the playoffs, let the New York media begin hyperventilating on the need for the Giants to get a new head coach begin.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    The Bears have eliminated the Giants from any chance of making the playoffs, let the New York media begin hyperventilating on the need for the Giants to get a new head coach begin.
    I think the hyperventilating will be more focused on the Jets
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think the hyperventilating will be more focused on the Jets
    What's the over/under on the number of days until the Jets sign Michael Vick? hahahahahaha

What's the over/under on the number of days until the Jets sign Michael Vick? hahahahahaha
    who knows...Im friends with one of the ESPNNewYork.com writers and there doesn't seem to be any one feeling as to what the Jets may do....some think Ryan will stay but everyone else will go, some think Sanchez will be traded and Ryan will be fired shortly after

Thank you Houston! Of course, the Broncos still have to win -- "any given Sunday" -- but the possibility of a Manning vs Brady AFC Championship game has become a high possibility.

Part of me feels a little bad though as Kubiak is a class act and Denver fans always have had a special place in our heart for him. Maybe they can pull off an upset up in New England as I don't see the Bengals beating the Texans.

If Green Bay's run defense doesn't improve we may yet see AP break the record, he's getting whatever he wants in the first quarter. already 1 yard shy of 60.

What a great way for the Colts to welcome back Pagano.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

It will be ridiculous. Fans shouldn't be allowed to whine & moan year after winning the SB.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Maybe it's just that the national news isn't covering Detroit, but there's nothing I've seen about the guy being fired. That's why I put him in the One More Season column. What they are saying is the dude needs to get a hold of his team. Basically, that he just lost them as a unit and he has next season--or part of it--to get them back. If that doesn't happen then he's done.
    That's been the case for as long as he's been there. The Lions have been undisciplined and inconsistent for his entire time as coach. It's not a new problem that needs to be corrected. As the talent has improved the results have gotten better and masked (to some degree) the underlying issue, but it looked this season like the masking was slipping. A team can only play on pure adrenaline for so long.

Schwartz strikes me as sort of an NFL equivalent of Doug Collins, a guy who comes in and puts a talented but underachieving team on the right path to learning how to win. But the cost of that knowledge is that he drives them them so hard emotionally that he burns them out and wears out his welcome in shorter order than most coaches. At which point he needs to be moved along and replaced by someone with a less heavy hand to steer the ship the rest of the way. But the key is to make the move at the right time. Wait too long and the team ends up having to salvage the wreckage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    It will be ridiculous. Fans shouldn't be allowed to whine & moan year after winning the SB.
    when the team has basically the same personnel as last year and plays like dogshit, some whining is allowable

Wow, Peterson finishes 9 yards shy of the record, but the Vikes clinch the 6th seed
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

when the team has basically the same personnel as last year and plays like dogshit, some whining is allowable
    they got lucky last year slipping in as well. Same for their other ring with Eli. They take too long to get hot by dancing on the edge
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Wow, Peterson finishes 9 yards shy of the record, but the Vikes clinch the 6th seed
    lol only 9 yards short?

Still that means Bears eliminated
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

That is going to eat away at him for the rest of his life.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Hell of a game.

Green Bay is gonna be reliving this one for a while

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Brian is a horrid OC, got ran out of NY last year, and well ended up with the Rams

if getting Marty means his getting his son who has failed to live up to expectations, Id pass and promote someone who maybe hasn't a head coaching job before....time to rebuild
    And guess what...they realized they should have kept Brian to run the offense this season as we saw. It was an off year and even then one where they had a winning record. This was a case of , lets add some talent to RB and WR and keep Mark Sanchez in that system he's growing in.

Last month, Marty told USA Today that he no desire to return to coaching. You have to keep in mind that he is almost 70 years old. He's probably enjoying retirement.
    Marty said that when it was brought up that he had meetings with Clark Hunt.

Christian Ponder made a ton of big throws in that game. He showed what kind of QB he can be in that one. Get him some help at WR and Ponder can continue to grow.

That is going to eat away at him for the rest of his life.
    Post game he was still happy and smiling. He claimed the playoffs came 1st and was more important than the record. Knowing how good Peterson is ...he could have a shot at Dickerson's record next season.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.