Page 149 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2401

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    A "goofy gimmick" that "somehow evolved" in our sport of football.

Nice.

So he's supposed to be some sort of expert, but apparently has absolutely no knowledge of the history and evolution of the sport.

Yeah...this is why I don't listen to the Gomer talking heads.
    seriously

I find Bayless entertaining at times, but that is the single dumbest thing he has ever uttered

granted kickers and punters may not "play football", but they have position and function on the team which is just as much a part of a football team as anything else
    Support your local roller derby league

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ask the kickers and punters who have made tackles on the special teams as well. Tell them they aren't playing. I bet Bayless doesn't have the balls to tell a kicker to his face this.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ask the kickers and punters who have made tackles on the special teams as well. Tell them they aren't playing. I bet Bayless doesn't have the balls to tell a kicker to his face this.
    someone tell Chris Kluwe....he'd be more than happy to go on First Take to discuss it

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...love-manti-teo

Well it seems Ronaiah Tuiasosopo has admitted that he had feelings for Manti Te'o and did this to get close to him. I just wonder if Te'o felt the same way (and not admitting it due to his Mormon background) and how long he knew ? He claimed in an earlier interview he knew in December.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

In NFL News ...Donald Driver is retiring after 14 seasons. Driver is gonna turn 38 and had hoped to play til he was 40. But realized he wouldn't be brought back due to his age. Driver will have a press conference and fans will attend to say good-bye to him at Lambeau. Its kinda sad to see him go. I know a lot of the Packers games over the years I'd see him catching a pass and all. He also is the career leader in a lot of WR stats for the Packers.

I guess we have to assume that George Blanda stopped being a football player at the point he went from being a quarterback to being a place kicker.

apparently Dan Marino had a love child back in 2003 with a CBS production assistant and has been paying lots of money to keep it quiet...not enough apparently

Marino has a wife and 6 children

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    I guess we have to assume that George Blanda stopped being a football player at the point he went from being a quarterback to being a place kicker.
    According to Skip Bayless , Blanda was quite a pussy then and not a real football player.

fun stat

Tom Bradys playoff record before Gisele: 10-1

after: 7-6

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    fun stat

Tom Bradys playoff record before Gisele: 10-1

after: 7-6
    His 17 playoff wins is a NFL record right now. He passed Montana for that record.

His 17 playoff wins is a NFL record right now. He passed Montana for that record.
    I know, just interesting to see where the divide is

NFL News...

- The Atlanta Falcons GM has made his best pitch for Tony Gonzalez to not retire. That he wants him to return and put over how in a season he caught over 100+ passes (regular/post season) and that doesn't sound like a man who is missing a step at all. Gonzalez will be the ultimate judge on whether he returns for another season as he's gonna discuss it with his family.

- Joe Flacco and the Ravens are gonna likely start talks soon on his next contract. Flacco and the owner have joked about it this season at times. But the owner has made it clear they will sign Flacco to a long term deal.

- The Rooney Rule , the one about interview minority candidates for Head Coaching and GM positions has came under some fire from critics. Herm Edwards wants the name changed and believes it reflects badly on Dan Rooney. Also it needs revised after a year where no minority candidates were hired. Some want it to include cooridinators and other coaching positions on the team as well.

- The Rooney Rule , the one about interview minority candidates for Head Coaching and GM positions has came under some fire from critics. Herm Edwards wants the name changed and believes it reflects badly on Dan Rooney. Also it needs revised after a year where no minority candidates were hired. Some want it to include cooridinators and other coaching positions on the team as well.
    Yeah, seems like it should definitely be revisited and expanded. Not going to say it's a total failure since the number of minorities hired in those positions since the rule was introduced was something like 2 or 3x as many as hired ever before. But it's faulty since nobody wants to hire people at those positions who don't already have experience at the other positions and the minority candidates are starting from behind at that level as well.

I think it could be somewhat relatable to some of the minority dynamics in comics. Like it's not that everyone hates minority characters, they just like the ones that have been around longest and the ones that have been around longest were all white. (Maybe it just sounded better in my head.)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    That said, I never saw anything from Randy Moss that would indicate he's a better WR than Jerry Rice. Hell, I've never seen anything from Randy Moss that would indicate he's better than Chris Carter. He's good, but he mostly just has a big mouth (much like most WRs, as noted earlier).
    I didn't see Rice in his prime so I can't judge accurately. But I think that Randy had the potential to be better than Rice. He just didn't give it the almost superhuman effort that Rice did.

And it's Cris Carter.

As an aside, I was hoping that Favre's retirement would mean that I'd finally see the end of Super's misspelling of his name. It's bad enough to see his name, but when it's misspelled to boot?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    seriously

I find Bayless entertaining at times, but that is the single dumbest thing he has ever uttered

granted kickers and punters may not "play football", but they have position and function on the team which is just as much a part of a football team as anything else
    Dumbest thing this year maybe. Bayless gets paid to say completely ignorant and/or moronic things about football. I'm sure that he's topped it although I'm hard-pressed to think of an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    I didn't see Rice in his prime so I can't judge accurately. But I think that Randy had the potential to be better than Rice. He just didn't give it the almost superhuman effort that Rice did.

And it's Cris Carter.

As an aside, I was hoping that Favre's retirement would mean that I'd finally see the end of Super's misspelling of his name. It's bad enough to see his name, but when it's misspelled to boot?!
    I really wanted to see Favre play as long as that one commercial... where he's in his 50's and is like... "I should retire after this....but I don't know."

He brought a sense of fun and daring to the game. Guy was the ultimate rise and fall out there. Plus I loved miss-spelling his name Farve ...yeeess...