Page 135 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2401

Now THERE'S an interesting development I never saw coming. I don't think the NFL mines the CFL enough.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Bears have hired Marc Trestman of the CFL as head coach to replace Lovie Smith. He's lead the Montreal Alouettes to two Gray Cup Championships(the CFL's Superbowl equivalent) in five years.
    Well not to hate on the CFL...but the sad truth is not many teams had interest in Trestman. For the fact the guy was never a good NFL offensive cooridinator and its why he went to the CFL basically. He's bounced to so many teams and no one ever had him on the radar to sign. Not a good sign for the Bears really.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    We are hearing a lot of news over here about 49ers OC Greg Roman being the hot coaching candidate for the Jags due to his strong connections to GM David Caldwell. If that happens, then I also expect Alex Smith to follow Roman over there. I can totally see that happening to tell you the truth.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-oc-greg-roman
    Please, football Jeebus,, make this happen! As the only Jaguar fan, I have suffered plenty!
    Dear Diary, I'm the prettiest girl in school and they're all jealous.

Surprised that Lovie Smith hasn't been hired as a HC or DC yet.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    Now let's not get this all twisted finfangfool. We are talking about a smaller percentage of fans here, and it has more to do with a larger presence of gang culture than anything. The majority of (at least 49er/Giants) fans have nothing but class. I'd expect you to do a little more research on the bay area or spend some time here before making that kind of stereotypical observation.
    1. You were the one who brought it up, and it was something worth discussing.

2. Nobody said every fan or every game had violence (and nobody with basic reading comprehension who wasn't looking for a strawman argument would see that in my post), but clearly there's a lot more going on in your state than any other I've seen. Philly gets beaten up for booing Santa Claus and generally being unhappy, but you don't see stabbings and a lot of hospital visits.

3. If you'd like it rephrased so as not to offend you on the topic you brought up (where you mentioned California and its teams in general, not gang violence in particular), "What's up with gang violence at games in California?"
    A Fool for the Foom

All this time I thought Trestman was coaching in college ball after he left the NFL. Guess I lost track of him.

I really want the Ravens to win this week, but having a hard time seeing the Patriots lose this one.

Eagles have hired Chip Kelly for head coach, who wasn't as off the market as he lead us to believe.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Eagles have hired Chip Kelly for head coach, who wasn't as off the market as he lead us to believe.
    It was a good fake out . Heath Evans at NFL.Com has claimed this could be the biggest NFL coaching disaster in NFL history.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/...in-nfl-history
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I really want the Ravens to win this week, but having a hard time seeing the Patriots lose this one.
    As a Patriots fan I see many ways they can beat us. 1. The deep ball. Flacco was out of his mind throwing it against the Broncos, throwing it at will almost. Torrey Smith looked spectacular. And we don't have anyone close to a Champ Bailey to cover him. Even if he doesn't connect, they'll still probably draw a couple of pass interference calls. 2. Short and intermediate passes to TEs and RBs. Ray Rice is one of the best catching the ball. Both of Baltimore's TEs are good (though hardly ever both in the same game for some reason). We didn't even have someone covering Foster half the time this past weekend. I'm sure they're watching the tape and taking notes. 3. Pressuring the QB. I'll be honest, I don't think they can do that as well as the Texans should have been able to, but all it takes is one or two big sacks to turn the tide if you've kept it close.

Also factor in the fact that they've won two games in a row, one of them nobody believed they'd win (probably including most of their fans), with the momentum a double overtime win against one of the greatest QBs of all time in his house will give them then add to that the fact that they have Ray Lewis' pending retirement and coming off last year's AFC Championship that was one caught ball by Lee Evans away from sending them to the Super Bowl instead of heading home and they have all the motivation and momentum a team could want. We on the other hand beat the Texans by a good margin, we're at home where we feel comfortable (maybe too comfortable, with losses to the Ravens and Jets recently and again what should have been another Ravens loss), and we just lost Gronk and maybe Woodhead (you'd be surprised how useful he's been at times). Vegas can pick the Pats all they like, I'm by no means counting any chickens.
    A Fool for the Foom

Hunker down!

Quote Originally Posted by spunksf View Post
    Please, football Jeebus,, make this happen! As the only Jaguar fan, I have suffered plenty!
    I'm a Jaguars (and Atlanta) fan. I grew up rooting for Atlanta, though I also root for the home team.

Good to see the new owner cleaning house.

We'll see. Trestman has proven himself to be a damn good QB coach, & to a lesser extant an OC. I think it's a wise decision. Does it pose risks? Sure...but most picks are. I'd rather take a shot on Trestman than a retread like Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    Philly gets beaten up for booing Santa Claus and generally being unhappy, but you don't see stabbings and a lot of hospital visits.
    While the Eagles no longer have a municipal court setup to arrest and sentence violent and unruly fans, they do have jail cells at Lincoln Financial Field.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwrocks View Post
    We'll see. Trestman has proven himself to be a damn good QB coach, & to a lesser extant an OC. I think it's a wise decision. Does it pose risks? Sure...but most picks are. I'd rather take a shot on Trestman than a retread like Reid.
    Proven HC who has won , verses uneven OC who had a career where he bounced to teams over the years. Who do I pick ?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Proven HC who has won , verses uneven OC who had a career where he bounced to teams over the years. Who do I pick ?
    but he was on winning teams...everyone has to start somewhere

when Belichick went to the Pats, his career record wasn't that great
    Support your local roller derby league