Page 124 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2401
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Cousins didn't perform any better thn RG3 was in his short time in the game. And again nobodies going to take out their senstional starting QB who is swearing that he can play. If he did and they lose (the most likely scenario). The only thing you can question is whether the coach was right in assesing that a hurt RG3 was better than a healthy Cousins.
    There's no assessing to be done there. He was wrong. And Cousins entered the game with 5 minutes left in the 4th, with the Redskins down ten and what would most certainly have been an offensive unit that was demoralized by the way the second half unfolded. Cousins would have had to be Eli Manning at his best to bring the team back at that point. But had they put him in earlier, he might have had a chance to get into a flow and make something happen.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In surprising NFL News ...Rob Ryan (DC of the Dallas Cowboys) was told he was being fired while he was on vacation. Ryan's defense finished 17th overall and the defense battled issues with injuries , hurt players , and playing guys in new positions all year. As he told a reporter when he found out , "I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Elder Member

LOL! The Ryan boys are certainly their father's sons. Between this and Jones reportedly looking to bring in an OC to take over play calling, it looks like Garett is on his way to becoming Jones' hand puppet (more so than he already is).

SUPERECWFAN1 just makes my head hurt:

- Miami Dolphins will get a new look in 2013 after the owner claimed that rumors were true the Dolphins will get new look after so many years.
    Is he talking about uniforms? Because, yeah, that's what's been holding us back...the uniforms. If so I'm SO glad he made this a priority!

**goes to hunt up stabby knife**
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Hey, it worked for the Marlins right?
    A Fool for the Foom

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Is he talking about uniforms? Because, yeah, that's what's been holding us back...the uniforms. If so I'm SO glad he made this a priority!

**goes to hunt up stabby knife**
    Your sarcasm is not undeserved, but they finished up with a better season than most predicted. They should have won two or three more games, including the two overtimes. They easily could have been 9-7.
    I think they have a great foundation to build on.

They finished exactly as I predicted. That O line needs some help and they need a real running game (despite Bush having a decent year, he's nothing resembling the future). Defense is mediocre all over the place. They don't suck, but they're not good, either. Tannehill could still go either way. He seemed more like an "Eh" rookie QB would have looked in the old days, before so many rookie QBs started out with great seasons.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Or not an idiot at all since he made the call most coaches in that situation would make . . .
    Does someone really have to bring up the "If everyone jumped off a bridge" example?

It's not a smart move, that's for sure.

On a related note, how many injuries need to occur before everyone learns that quarterbacks need to protect themselves, not run like a deer?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In surprising NFL News ...Rob Ryan (DC of the Dallas Cowboys) was told he was being fired while he was on vacation. Ryan's defense finished 17th overall and the defense battled issues with injuries , hurt players , and playing guys in new positions all year. As he told a reporter when he found out , "I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."
    Dallas is fucked as long as Jerry Jones is there.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Dallas is fucked as long as Jerry Jones is there.
    I'll trade Mike Brown for him and throw in Marvin Lewis.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Robert Griffin got surgery this morning - reconstruction - 6-8 months recovery time
    Support your local roller derby league

Dallas is fucked as long as Jerry Jones is their GM.

Fixed that for you.

The problem is that it seems Jones believes he never needs to give up being the GM.

The problem is that it seems Jones believes he never needs to give up being the GM.
    Quoted for truth.

Why is everybody slamming Shanahan? Didn't he get the okay from Dr. James Andrews (he said at his press conference that Andrews gave permission)? Didn't fans give Jay Cutler a rash of sh*t for not playing in the playoffs and these same fans want RGIII protected? I think some people just like to piss and moan.

For the record I think Shanahan is over-rated as a coach. Redskins fans should have always known this was a distinct possibility with RGIII, he had the same injury in college, and the type of offense that the Redskins were using is going to expose the QB to even more danger.
    Last edited by DennyK; 01-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Why is everybody slamming Shanahan? Didn't he get the okay from Dr. James Andrews? Didn't fans give Jay Cutler a rash of sh*t for not playing in the playoffs and these same fans want RGIII protected? I think some people just like to piss and moan.
    True, plus if RG III wanted to play, you would most likely have him do so.

Of course, he's been scheduled to be out for almost eight months, meaning he may run the risk of missing training camp and even the start of the regular season.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D