Page 123 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2401
  1. #1831
    Senior Member finfangfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire, US
    Posts
    3,047

    Default

    I've seen "expert" speculation that if KC didn't go QB and couldn't trade out of the #1 spot they might draft Joeckel for their LT and let Albert go. They say Albert isn't as good as his reputation and will be pricey. Whatcha think SuperE?
    A Fool for the Foom

  2. #1832
    Here we ..... go DennyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    I just don't see either road team in the AFC winning this weekend; however, I'm not going to be surprised to see both road teams win in the NFC games.

  3. #1833
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    I've seen "expert" speculation that if KC didn't go QB and couldn't trade out of the #1 spot they might draft Joeckel for their LT and let Albert go. They say Albert isn't as good as his reputation and will be pricey. Whatcha think SuperE?
    There is a lot of speculation on what they may do with that pick. The OL is considered to be heavy in that draft and they may draft Te'o to go with that LB corps. Right now its really an up in the air situation til we see what they do. Its a heavy draft for defense from the looks of it. So KC maybe better off just drafting defense to add to that unit and then go QB in the 2nd round.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  4. #1834
    Here we ..... go DennyK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Posts
    2,894

    Default

    The Dan Patrick Show is offering a lot of good information regarding the whole RGIII/Shanahan situation.

  5. #1835
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    The Dan Patrick Show is offering a lot of good information regarding the whole RGIII/Shanahan situation.
    Dan Patrick can die in a fire....guy is such an a**hole


    and CBS is doing a media day thing for their Super Bowl coverage...$4 million for 30 second ad
    Support your local roller derby league

  6. #1836
    Clint Renner Ottmeister X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Dan Patrick can die in a fire....guy is such an a**hole
    Hmmmm. He's always seemed like a fairly benign personality to me, maybe a notch below Costas. Some tongue-in-cheek stuff, but nothing I ever considered a-hole like. Maybe I'm missing something. Did he mock your favorite team once upon a time?

  7. #1837
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    Hmmmm. He's always seemed like a fairly benign personality to me, maybe a notch below Costas. Some tongue-in-cheek stuff, but nothing I ever considered a-hole like. Maybe I'm missing something. Did he mock your favorite team once upon a time?
    No...I interned for Clear Channel Radio back when he was at ESPN, clear channel runs the ESPN radio station here in CT....I watched him (on about three occasions) totally berate interns and PAs...one of which was a friend of mine

    you can tell the character of a person by how they treat those they consider "beneath" them

    and he left ESPN, thinking he was more important than he really was....think it was coincidence that both he and Olbermann were gone within such a short span of each other?

    he then floated around for a bit and landed at Sports Illustrated and then essentially begged for a job during an HBO thing Costas was doing about the state of sports in modern society....I think he only landed the NBC gig because Costas didn't want to work all that hard on the football coverage
    Support your local roller derby league

  8. #1838
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    No...I interned for Clear Channel Radio back when he was at ESPN, clear channel runs the ESPN radio station here in CT....I watched him (on about three occasions) totally berate interns and PAs...one of which was a friend of mine

    you can tell the character of a person by how they treat those they consider "beneath" them

    and he left ESPN, thinking he was more important than he really was....think it was coincidence that both he and Olbermann were gone within such a short span of each other?

    he then floated around for a bit and landed at Sports Illustrated and then essentially begged for a job during an HBO thing Costas was doing about the state of sports in modern society....I think he only landed the NBC gig because Costas didn't want to work all that hard on the football coverage
    It doesn't shock me...because Olbermann and Patrick have clashed with various networks and all. I think everyone knew they had ego issues. Hell SNL made a point to have Affleck do one of his deals and you can sense they mocked the ego he has . (Olbermann that is)
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  9. #1839
    Clint Renner Ottmeister X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    No...I interned for Clear Channel Radio back when he was at ESPN, clear channel runs the ESPN radio station here in CT....I watched him (on about three occasions) totally berate interns and PAs...one of which was a friend of mine

    you can tell the character of a person by how they treat those they consider "beneath" them

    and he left ESPN, thinking he was more important than he really was....think it was coincidence that both he and Olbermann were gone within such a short span of each other?

    he then floated around for a bit and landed at Sports Illustrated and then essentially begged for a job during an HBO thing Costas was doing about the state of sports in modern society....I think he only landed the NBC gig because Costas didn't want to work all that hard on the football coverage
    Interesting story. Got to respect that opinion of him. Too bad. I really liked the Patrick-Olbermann pairing at the time.

  10. #1840
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    In NFL News ....


    - Ron Jaworski claims that Jon Gruden could return to coaching soon if the right jobs come open. People close to Gruden claim he has a list of teams he'd coach for but only will go to them if the situation is right. Cleveland denied rumors they have interest in Gruden .

    - Miami Dolphins will get a new look in 2013 after the owner claimed that rumors were true the Dolphins will get new look after so many years.

    - The Jets fired Tony Sparano today.

    - Nick Saban claimed after winning his 3rd National Championship in 4 years , he has no desire to coach in the NFL. The Dolphins stint showed him he works better in College and has said he will stay there.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  11. #1841
    Veteran Member Lancerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except there was proof RGIII wasn't physically able to perform by the half time. As people posted he had Cousins warming up getting ready. Then he lied about the team doctor seeing him. Because the team doctor would likely have told Shanahan he couldn't play.

    The only 2nd guessing here is how much of an idiot we can call Mike Shanahan. A big idiot ...or a colossal idiot ?
    Cousins didn't perform any better thn RG3 was in his short time in the game. And again nobodies going to take out their senstional starting QB who is swearing that he can play. If he did and they lose (the most likely scenario). The only thing you can question is whether the coach was right in assesing that a hurt RG3 was better than a healthy Cousins.

  12. #1842
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
    Cousins didn't perform any better thn RG3 was in his short time in the game. And again nobodies going to take out their senstional starting QB who is swearing that he can play. If he did and they lose (the most likely scenario). The only thing you can question is whether the coach was right in assesing that a hurt RG3 was better than a healthy Cousins.
    Except he never gave the team doctor to check RGIII and make the decision. That is why he's under fire. The team doctor claimed he never got to look at him and Shanahan took RGIII's word he was ok to play (when it shows he clearly wasn't). And coming in at the 4th quarter once your team is down and with little time isn't exactly showing what Cousins could do.

    Your risking your franchise QB ...a guy you have a shitload invested in for the future to gamble him and if he gets hurt it sets back his progress. Because right now the gamble backfired a lot. It will impact a few things...

    1.) The off-season would have been spent getting RGIII to get used to the actual west coast offense and moving more away from the hybrid Baylor offense Shanahan put in to help Griffith grow used to the pro game. With an injury that is delayed and its gonna be a longer process for him to learn the actual system.

    2.) The recovery time from a ACL/LCL isn't really known yet for RGIII . How long could he be gone ? Will it impact the 2013 season ?

    3.) RGIII's body and knees can't continue to take this. Because right now his pro game is dependent on his speed and running skills. Then his passing arm. Eventually the idea is RGIII will grow more and more into a passing QB. But the effect of missing time learning this system and knee injuries hampering his speed is gonna hurt him long term.

    In all it was worth more long term to take out the sensational , clearly hurt star QB , and hope your backup QB can play a half and do what he did once RGIII went down before. Shanahan is likely realizing it now.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  13. #1843
    Veteran Member Ari Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except there was proof RGIII wasn't physically able to perform by the half time. As people posted he had Cousins warming up getting ready. Then he lied about the team doctor seeing him. Because the team doctor would likely have told Shanahan he couldn't play.

    The only 2nd guessing here is how much of an idiot we can call Mike Shanahan. A big idiot ...or a colossal idiot ?
    Or not an idiot at all since he made the call most coaches in that situation would make . . .

  14. #1844
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Or not an idiot at all since he made the call most coaches in that situation would make . . .
    Except as showed...Lovie Smith took Cutler out when it was told he couldn't do a drop back pass without being in huge pain. Not every coach is gonna take a players word on it completely. Not when their hurt as bad and not playing as well. After this your gonna see coaches really make an effort to get a team doctor to check a guy good before taking the word.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  15. #1845
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    16,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Or not an idiot at all since he made the call most coaches in that situation would make . . .
    Says who? Coaches can and have taken players out of games against their wishes when it was clear that the player was struggling, for whatever reason they were struggling, and that they weren't helping the tesm. It's not like it would have been an unprecedented move for Shanahan to sit Griffin. The evidence to support it was right there for all the world to see.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •