Page 118 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2401
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Murphy View Post
    More specifically, Joe Webb played like a quarterback who had not thrown a pass all season. It's not as much as Christian Ponder was a better quarterback but his replacement hasn't seen any football action in two years. Moreover, the announcement of Ponder being sat down and Webb announced as the starter gave absolutely no preparation time for the Minnesota Vikings to adjust from Ponder's style to Webb's style.
    They went all week with Webb at QB in practice due to Ponder's elbow injury, they also modified the offense to run more run-action plays to help Webb. The guy just couldn't pass the ball. In fact in 2 plays that 1st half he tried to do way too much and nearly cost him team with Ints.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

the hawks play a playoff game today after taking last year off, and i woke up to hear there is hope chip kelly will stay with oregon. this could be a good day.

According to NFL.Com the Eagles are trying to sell Kelly on coming in and having 2 QB's like Vick and Foles. If he does sign it seems the Eagles may go ahead and eat $17+ million in Vick's salary for next season.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

I guess face mask penalties don't count against a borderline dirty Ravens defense. There's two no-calls where a Colts' player head being obviously jerked unnaturally. Surprising the one on Luck didn't get called since the league is protective of their QB's. Looks like a lot of home field advantage the Colts will need to battle through today should they win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    I guess face mask penalties don't count against a borderline dirty Ravens defense. There's two no-calls where a Colts' player head being obviously jerked unnaturally. Surprising the one on Luck didn't get called since the league is protective of their QB's. Looks like a lot of home field advantage the Colts will need to battle through today should they win it.
    you are aware that ref crews are assigned at random and Mike Carey (who is the head of the ref crew) is widely considered one of the best refs out there? or are you just cranky this afternoon?
    Support your local roller derby league

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Wondering why the hell the Bills hired Marrone as coach. That's about the most underwhelming hire I've heard in some time. Like... 4 years at Syracuse? That's his resume?

Buffalo fans, I feel for you.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Wondering why the hell the Bills hired Marrone as coach. That's about the most underwhelming hire I've heard in some time. Like... 4 years at Syracuse? That's his resume?

Ha. Totally agreed. The best I came up with is that both being in upstate NY, the fans must like Marrone. And this is mostly an attempt to excite the fans, and the team believes it would be more successful in that regard than hiring a been-around coach currently available and fired elsewhere. Also, they might try to play it off "success" Greg Schiano has had transitioning to the pro-game.

I heard them talking about him on the radio this morning. My reaction was "Who?"
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

He was the offensive coordinator at New Orleans from 2006-08. He was a fall-back option for the Browns. A lot of NFL people like him as an NFL head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    He was the offensive coordinator at New Orleans from 2006-08. He was a fall-back option for the Browns. A lot of NFL people like him as an NFL head coach.
    Of course what people forget in looking at this is Marrone really was that in name only. Sean Payton called the plays on offense. And he will do it next year. Marrone had a 25-25 record at Syracuse from what was told. That doesn't scream great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    you are aware that ref crews are assigned at random and Mike Carey (who is the head of the ref crew) is widely considered one of the best refs out there? or are you just cranky this afternoon?
    Yep, aware of that. Not suggesting the actual ref crew has been rigged, just noting that they missed badly a couple of face mask calls. No vested interest in the outcome although I lean towards not liking the Ravens too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Of course what people forget in looking at this is Marrone really was that in name only. Sean Payton called the plays on offense. And he will do it next year. Marrone had a 25-25 record at Syracuse from what was told. That doesn't scream great coach.
    I dunno. I'm not an NFL insider, but one of the pre-game shows said more teams wanted to interview Marrone than anyone else. He's an offense-minded coach and teams apparently thought he could turn a struggling offense around.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Marrone had a 25-25 record at Syracuse from what was told. That doesn't scream great coach.
    The 4 years before he got there they were 10-37, so that's a relevant improvement. (Though definitely a lack of context.)

They're trying to sell his time in New Orleans as much if not more than his "success" in rebuilding the SU program. Finally starting to see a few people other than myself calling for them to just go ahead and move to Toronto full-time.

RG3 looks to be playing through a lot of pain right now
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link