Page 113 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2401
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    My initial reaction to this was 'thank you Captain Obvious, because most of what you said was absolutely true. IMO the reason they didn't win at least two of their four Super Bowl appearances has as much to do with the weakness of Marv Levy as a head coach. Marv simply didn't have the personality type to force the players to comply with any kind of adjustments (in-game or half-time) that he or the coaching staff might have wanted to make. It should be pretty common knowledge at this point that the Bills of that era were as close to former bad boys of the Ken Stabler led Raiders (the Bills never met a party they didn't like). On a LOT of games (home games especially) you could expect to see Jim Kelly yakking on the sideline at start as he worked off the last of a hangover.

The Bills (again IMO) haven't been a great (hell, even a good most of the time) franchise since Bill Polian left. One bad draft after another, one retread head coach after another... part of me no longer even cares if they pack-up and leave Buffalo altogether, and that's just sad.
    It didn't make sense that the Bills would in one hand , hand journey man QB Ryan Fritzpatrick $59+ million and then have the GM claim they were gonna try and draft a QB in the 1st round a year later. Wouldn't you have paid Fritzpatrick like a journey man QB to begin with and then look at QB's ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    Tice was only the Oline coach, the year Martz was the OC. Cutler was the most sacked QB in the NFL that year.
    I was talking about this season. He shouldn't have been promoted.

But I could be being too hard on him based on how he did in Minnesota. It seems like opponents (ok, not sure that's a good argument) and Cutler thought he was doing fine.
    Last edited by Nick Soapdish; 01-03-2013 at 07:44 AM.

I did like the ballsy move to sign Mario during the off-season. I found that the most surprising FA signing of the off-season. Obviously, it's going to take more than one player and they may have put too many cards into that signing.

Perhaps unfortunate for a lot of teams, it is a QB league and it seems more important these days to have an above-average QB over all else unless you have a killer Ravens defense from yesteryear.

Captain Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    I did like the ballsy move to sign Mario during the off-season. I found that the most surprising FA signing of the off-season. Obviously, it's going to take more than one player and they may have put too many cards into that signing.

Perhaps unfortunate for a lot of teams, it is a QB league and it seems more important these days to have an above-average QB over all else unless you have a killer Ravens defense from yesteryear.

Captain Obvious
    Well the Chicago defense as we see have carried the Bears for years...and even that Super Bowl they went to. And that year they went we have to remember they started a rookie QB named Kyle Orton who they had to carry a lot. But you need a QB at least not to turn the ball over .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Breaking News on NFL.com Ray Lewis has announced he's retiring at the end of the year. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...er-this-season
    Damn, I didn't see this coming.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Huge conflicting reports on Andy Reid.... after a 9 hour meeting where Reid texted it went really good , ESPN claims he's gonna go with KC. Over at NFL.Com the report is Reid is gonna visit the Cardinals and Chargers. But both reports have his future up in the air. The ESPN link...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...chiefs-sources

According to this an assistant coach with Reid has claimed he's going to Kansas City and the deal is expected to be done pretty fast . The NFL.Com piece claims Reid still plans to interview in Arizona and San Diego.

I think he'd be better off going to San Diego
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think he'd be better off going to San Diego
    If he can get a QB...like Geno Smith ...the offensive pieces are there to be very damn good honestly.

It will be wild to see what happens. The Chargers are looking more for a GM 1st from what reports are. The real player in this is the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Huge conflicting reports on Andy Reid.... after a 9 hour meeting where Reid texted it went really good , ESPN claims he's gonna go with KC. Over at NFL.Com the report is Reid is gonna visit the Cardinals and Chargers. But both reports have his future up in the air. The ESPN link...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...chiefs-sources

According to this an assistant coach with Reid has claimed he's going to Kansas City and the deal is expected to be done pretty fast . The NFL.Com piece claims Reid still plans to interview in Arizona and San Diego.
    They had a KC media guy on Denver radio a couple of hours ago and he was saying Reid was going to be the KC coach. Sorry, I don't recall his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottmeister X View Post
    They had a KC media guy on Denver radio a couple of hours ago and he was saying Reid was going to be the KC coach. Sorry, I don't recall his name.
    I'll believe it once I see him at a Press Conference . Because I remember coaches who will change their minds at a rapid pace . Like where the Jets thought they Bill Belichick and the next day he was gone . The only way I'll believe the Chiefs have Andy Reid is when he actually does a press conference as the next HC.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

If he can get a QB...like Geno Smith ...the offensive pieces are there to be very damn good honestly.

It will be wild to see what happens. The Chargers are looking more for a GM 1st from what reports are. The real player in this is the Cardinals.
    ESPN's Sal Palantonio was on local AZ talk radio yesterday, pointing out Reid has more last-place NFC East division finishes than first in the past few years (3 last, 2 first). Also, since the Eagles were in the Super Bowl eight years ago, they're only 6 games over .500. More importantly... why would Arizona sign a coach who coached a team they dismantled in Arizona THIS season, upset with John Skelton at QB in Philadelphia last season, and got outcoached in an NFC Championship game by Ken Whisenhunt the year Arizona went to the Super Bowl? Three of the Cardinals' biggest wins in the past few years were OVER Reid.

He's not seeing it. The only pitch is, "BUT... I can fix Kevin Kolb!"

The problem with Kevin Kolb is physical. He's beat up all the time. Unless Reid can lay on hands and cure him, there's no fix. Even scarier, there's a rumor that Reid would bring in Donovan McNabb as a backup QB, since he lives down the street from Arizona's practice facility, and he's still never filed his retirement paperwork with the NFL.

No, it's looking more like Arizona wants to promote Ray Horton.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    ESPN's Sal Palantonio was on local AZ talk radio yesterday, pointing out Reid has more last-place NFC East division finishes than first in the past few years (3 last, 2 first). Also, since the Eagles were in the Super Bowl eight years ago, they're only 6 games over .500. More importantly... why would Arizona sign a coach who coached a team they dismantled in Arizona THIS season, upset with John Skelton at QB in Philadelphia last season, and got outcoached in an NFC Championship game by Ken Whisenhunt the year Arizona went to the Super Bowl? Three of the Cardinals' biggest wins in the past few years were OVER Reid.

He's not seeing it. The only pitch is, "BUT... I can fix Kevin Kolb!"

The problem with Kevin Kolb is physical. He's beat up all the time. Unless Reid can lay on hands and cure him, there's no fix. Even scarier, there's a rumor that Reid would bring in Donovan McNabb as a backup QB, since he lives down the street from Arizona's practice facility, and he's still never filed his retirement paperwork with the NFL.

No, it's looking more like Arizona wants to promote Ray Horton.
    It will be surprising to see what happens with Reid. It shocks me KC went balls out fast to try and get him. If Reid does sign , Hunt has said that Pioli will have to let Reid have control over the roster while he makes the moves for it. Like his relationship with Belichick in New England. But I'm not holding my breath he signs so quick til it happens.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

It will be surprising to see what happens with Reid. It shocks me KC went balls out fast to try and get him. If Reid does sign , Hunt has said that Pioli will have to let Reid have control over the roster while he makes the moves for it. Like his relationship with Belichick in New England. But I'm not holding my breath he signs so quick til it happens.
    Reid's resume will fire up fans that hear they're bringing in a capable coach. The catch is, seeing what a down-slide Reid's been on since Eagles DC Jim Johnson passed away.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Well the Chicago defense as we see have carried the Bears for years...and even that Super Bowl they went to. And that year they went we have to remember they started a rookie QB named Kyle Orton who they had to carry a lot. But you need a QB at least not to turn the ball over .
    Rex Grossman was the QB in 2006, his 3rd year as a Bear.
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

And it appears Reid has cancelled talks with the Chargers and Cardinals.....he's gonna take the Chiefs job.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...as-city-chiefs

That was one hell of a meeting he must have had to sell him on the Chiefs. He's also bringing a lot of his people into the organization like Heckert.