Page 109 of 161 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2401

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am surprised Rex Ryan didn't get the boot. The Jets have been a mess and alot of that has to go on the coaching staff as well as the GM.
    I'm thinking the coordinators are going to be purged at some point. But it looks like they're giving Rex at least the 2 years left on his contract.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    games are primarily played on Sunday, so Monday is "new business" day
    Yeah, I know that, but I mean in terms of the day immediately after the season all these coaches get fired in 1-shot.

And the anticipation of it, and how many names are obviously going to be fired and turned over when it comes. Also, in other sports you have way more coaching changes during the season because you have enough time to get your footing under for the playoffs and a playoff run, and the NFL is so (1) truncated and (2) complex, that you can't as easily just fire a coach mid-season, it doesn't become worth it in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    Yeah, I know that, but I mean in terms of the day immediately after the season all these coaches get fired in 1-shot.And the anticipation of it, and how many names are obviously going to be fired and turned over when it comes. Also, in other sports you have way more coaching changes during the season because you have enough time to get your footing under for the playoffs and a playoff run, and the NFL is so (1) truncated and (2) complex, that you can't as easily just fire a coach mid-season, it doesn't become worth it in most cases.
    true...cant think of any other sport where that sort of activity is concentrated like that
    Support your local roller derby league

wow Lovie Smith has also been fired

didn't expect that one

Hunker down!

Jags need to make a good hire to replace Gene Smith as GM. Our last two GMs (Harris and Smith) have been terrible, which is a huge reason Jax is so terrible. Nearly every first round pick has been a bust and too many bad free agent signings. Mike Mularky's future as coach of Jax is still up in the air. I see nothing happening until a new GM is hired.

Hunker down!

didn't expect that one
    A bit surprising, though during my travels to Chicago local sports radio guys were saying it could happen. Still, I didn't see it coming.

Devin Hester upset about Lovie Smith being fired, allegedly considering retirement

http://deadspin.com/5972278/after-lo...g?popular=true

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Pioli will be GM for now...but unless he lands a HC that can surely deliver , then he won't. Its likely the final big straw for him in Kansas City . They are interviewing guys from the Falcons. But I believe everyone knows the only way fans won't go ape shit crazy if Pioli stays is if...Shottenheimer is hired.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

didn't expect that one
    Expecting a mad bidding war going after him, lot of teams could do a lot worse than Lovie.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Expecting a mad bidding war going after him, lot of teams could do a lot worse than Lovie.
    seriously....I think he has his pick of places, hell Id take him on the Giants as a defensive coordinator

Whoever gets landed as coach...they need to pay Norv Turner whatever salary he wants in charge of the offense. The Chiefs have the pieces in place for an offense that could scare teams . But they need someone who can honestly do it.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Whoever gets landed as coach...they need to pay Norv Turner whatever salary he wants in charge of the offense. The Chiefs have the pieces in place for an offense that could scare teams . But they need someone who can honestly do it.
    they won't if they don't resign and Im guessing Dwayne Bowe is getting traded, and they have no QB

its a project job, like two to three years of winning no more than 6-7 games type project

According to Williamson at ESPN , Hunt is prepared to spend for a BIG NAME coach . Then the coach and him will discuss Pioli's fate. As people brought up...4 seasons ago he wanted Scott Pioli and he got him. This time its said is no different. If he wants someone he's gonna pay to get them.

Browns rookie running back revealed today that he played most of the season with two broken ribs.

"I still can't lay flat on my back or on my side," Richardson said, "but it's going to come around, and I know I'll be healthy before next season."

He hurt his ribs on October 12th against the Bengals. For the next month he needed help showering and even getting dressed. He slept propped up.

And he didn't miss a game during that time.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...es-broken-ribs
    Free your soul and let it fly....

they won't if they don't resign and Im guessing Dwayne Bowe is getting traded, and they have no QB

its a project job, like two to three years of winning no more than 6-7 games type project

Beyond Bowe...Its an offense loaded . They have Baldwin (who really needs a QB to throw to him) , Breaston , McCluster , and Wylie at the WR slots. They also have RB's like Charles at RB and the Chiefs may look at drafting or keeping Hillis . They have Meoki at TE. It comes down to QB. They get that and a good OC to call the plays and fix this ...they have an offense that can score 30 points a game.