Page 102 of 161 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2401

Well, aren't they still doing the Pro Bowl the weekend before the Super Bowl? If so you should be thankful, because if things work out the way they might your Falcons players would skip it anyway. Better to fly under the radar I say, my Patriots haven't been able to do that in 10 years.
    A Fool for the Foom

Whole thing's propably headed for cancellation in a few years anyway, but its just something to argue over.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Derrick Johnson and Tali over Lawrence Timmons? Yeah, DJ has a bunch of tackles, but somebody on the KC defense has to eventually tackle the guy.

And Dustin Colquitt over Lechler? He has a nice average, but Lechler's is better and it's not like he's sneaking up on anyone with it.
    If you watch the games the defense basically holds the Chiefs tight in games til the very end. A lot is due to the passing offense not stepping up to deliver and keep the ball . The defense has had double the work.

Timmons and Hali play different LB positions. Timmons is a ILB in a 3/4 defense and should have went there. But here is his numbers.

100 combined tackles 4.0 sacks 3 Ints .

Here is Tambi Hali's numbers.

49 tackles 9.0 sacks

Hali basically rushes the QB from OLB position. Derrick Johnson as ILB has 119 tackles and 2.0 sacks on the season.. Its not like they picked someone who completely sucks. They picked a ILB who doesn't have Int's like Timmons has.

Shane Lechler has 75 punts 47.3 yard average 20 inside the 20.

Colquitt has 75 punts 46.9 average 42 inside the 20.

So not only did Colquitt punt the same ount , he averages the same 47 yard average basically. He also has more inside the 20.

I know people look at a 2-13 record and believe every player is utter shit. But that is complete nonsense...and not what the Chiefs did in some games. The rushing offense is ranked 5th in a league. The defense has fought hard and tried to hold teams. Eventually if your passing offense can't step up...your gonna lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Yeah, its like Gruden said, there's no stat to track garbage yards, I'm not opposed to people on bad teams making it but when you're 2-13 and you're tied for the 5th most represented team in the pro bowl there's something wrong.
    The only thing wrong is that people won't look at what the players have done. Do you honestly think a team hands the ball off when their losing games ? Really ? The Chiefs having players there shows there is talent. As much as you and others wanna deny it....the example Gruden gave about garbage yards reflects the passing yards that Johnson gets at the end of the game. When the Lions gotta pass to get back into a game and can actually win it. KC by the 4th is down by a TD or 2 and don't have the QB to pass them back into a game as last week showed.

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    Well, aren't they still doing the Pro Bowl the weekend before the Super Bowl? If so you should be thankful, because if things work out the way they might your Falcons players would skip it anyway. Better to fly under the radar I say, my Patriots haven't been able to do that in 10 years.
    And looking at it...I feel for the Falcons...they should have gotten represenatives at the Pro Bowl. But knocking KC's players...who have had good season while the team has went 2-13 is pathetic and sad. Its little research done to see what the players have done honestly on a losing team.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Elder Member

Except that he never asked out of anything, he makes it a point to stress that. Asking for a promotion doesn't mean you're not willing to do your old job anymore. Any decision to take him out of the wildcat seems to be entirely on Rex.
    Unless Tebow is an idiot, he had to have anticipated Ryan's response. After all, Ryan had done everything except spray paint on his locker that he was never going to start at QB for the Jets. so what did Tebow think Ryan was going to say when he told the coach he no longer wanted to do the one thing the coach had shown any confidence in him doing? "Well okay Tim, I giess I have no choice but to start you now"?

I'm kind of curious if Rex will start McElroy again over Tebow and Sanchez given how the kid was getting murdered out there, and Buffalo has a similar if not better defense than San Diego does. At some point you'd think his safety becomes a concern.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If you watch the games the defense basically holds the Chiefs tight in games til the very end. A lot is due to the passing offense not stepping up to deliver and keep the ball . The defense has had double the work.

Timmons and Hali play different LB positions. Timmons is a ILB in a 3/4 defense and should have went there. But here is his numbers.

100 combined tackles 4.0 sacks 3 Ints .

Here is Tambi Hali's numbers.

49 tackles 9.0 sacks

Hali basically rushes the QB from OLB position. Derrick Johnson as ILB has 119 tackles and 2.0 sacks on the season.. Its not like they picked someone who completely sucks. They picked a ILB who doesn't have Int's like Timmons has.
    I'm not saying that Tali and DJ are bad or even average linebackers. I'd say that they're both top ten in the AFC. But how many freakin' linebackers in the AFC make the Pro Bowl?

Shane Lechler has 75 punts 47.3 yard average 20 inside the 20.

Colquitt has 75 punts 46.9 average 42 inside the 20.

So not only did Colquitt punt the same ount , he averages the same 47 yard average basically. He also has more inside the 20.
    I'm curious about that 20 count because it always seems to be a bit of a freak stat to me and depends a lot upon the competence of the coverage team. How many opportunities did he have compared to Lechler? If Lechler is always punting from his five or from the opponent's forty, it's going to be tough to get those inside the 20 punts.

Apparently, Kluwe has also done really well with the inside the 20. He's our franchise leader, but the fans haven't been that impressed. (That might have something to do with the fact that people actually know something about him beside that he punts. But if I bought a Vikings jersey, he'd be the second-most likely player for me to buy a jersey for, if for no other reason than that he's an outspoken gamer. And that it's insane to buy a punter's jersey.) He's done ok on punts inside the 20, but sometimes, it's something like a 30 yard punt. And it still gets returned.

I know people look at a 2-13 record and believe every player is utter shit. But that is complete nonsense...and not what the Chiefs did in some games. The rushing offense is ranked 5th in a league. The defense has fought hard and tried to hold teams. Eventually if your passing offense can't step up...your gonna lose.

<snipped>
    And looking at it...I feel for the Falcons...they should have gotten represenatives at the Pro Bowl. But knocking KC's players...who have had good season while the team has went 2-13 is pathetic and sad. Its little research done to see what the players have done honestly on a losing team.
    I think that the point is that the Chiefs' players have gotten the benefit of the doubt despite their record. Their defense is average at best, but still landed 3 Pro Bowl players. And their rush defense is among the worst in the league which is supposed to be a reflection of the quality of a team's linebackers. I haven't seen a single Chiefs' game, but if Tali is just a pass rusher like you seem to be implying, he shouldn't be a Pro Bowler. He's a very good situational player, but you need more than that.

Elder Member

I'm kind of curious if Rex will start McElroy again over Tebow and Sanchez given how the kid was getting murdered out there, and Buffalo has a similar if not better defense than San Diego does. At some point you'd think his safety becomes a concern.
    That point is probably not the last game the season. If he's healthy McElroy will get the start because he'll likely be back next season so they need to evaluate him in game action. There's pretty much zero chance that Tebow will stay with the Jets and they have nothing to learn about him by watching him play, so they have no incentive for starting him.

With one game left he will most likely start McElroy again. If they really are going to offload both Tebow and Sanchez the less people see of them the better. Now who they're going to trap into coming to the Jets is an interesting situation. I've heard everything from Mike Vick to Matt Flynn.

I think that the point is that the Chiefs' players have gotten the benefit of the doubt despite their record. Their defense is average at best, but still landed 3 Pro Bowl players. And their rush defense is among the worst in the league which is supposed to be a reflection of the quality of a team's linebackers. I haven't seen a single Chiefs' game, but if Tali is just a pass rusher like you seem to be implying, he shouldn't be a Pro Bowler. He's a very good situational player, but you need more than that.
    Tali and Houston are the OLB and are on the field an entire game. KC's defense as a whole is ranked 17th ...right where the Vikings are. They are 16th.

The LBs are more than stopping the run as your trying to push. Its about tackling and rushing the passer from the OLB spot as well. Which Hali does as all game . And given the pass defense rank is 9th this season it seems like he's doing a hell of a job to get that Pro Bowl nod.

What shocks me is Justin Houston didn't go this season. Because from the other OLB position Houston has 10 sacks and 1 Int . The 2nd year player has formed quite a tandem with Hali on the other side. Teams have hell when they go back to pass because Hali and Houston are coming at them.

That is the reason the Chiefs players got the benefit of the doubt. They are good...its just horrible coaching and bad offensive system that killed them this season. Its why beyond Charles no one else on the offense went this season. The Chiefs have the players to make a great team. But it comes down to coaching and getting the players in a system to make them play hard.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Tali and Houston are the OLB and are on the field an entire game. KC's defense as a whole is ranked 17th ...right where the Vikings are. They are 16th.

The LBs are more than stopping the run as your trying to push. Its about tackling and rushing the passer from the OLB spot as well. Which Hali does as all game . And given the pass defense rank is 9th this season it seems like he's doing a hell of a job to get that Pro Bowl nod.

What shocks me is Justin Houston didn't go this season. Because from the other OLB position Houston has 10 sacks and 1 Int . The 2nd year player has formed quite a tandem with Hali on the other side. Teams have hell when they go back to pass because Hali and Houston are coming at them.

That is the reason the Chiefs players got the benefit of the doubt. They are good...its just horrible coaching and bad offensive system that killed them this season. Its why beyond Charles no one else on the offense went this season. The Chiefs have the players to make a great team. But it comes down to coaching and getting the players in a system to make them play hard.
    And 17th is average. After all, you don't see me lobbying for Chad Greenway or Harrison Smith to be getting nods. The only Vikes defensive player to make the Pro Bowl is Jared Allen and I think that he basically made it on rep.

I didn't say that linebackers are just there for rush defense. It's not like get to take plays off when it is a passing play. However, if you have a bad rushing defense, the linebackers bear a big chunk of the blame. And KC's rushing defense is one of the worst in the league.

I'll agree that situational player is unfair to Hali. Perhaps one-dimensional? He and Houston don't seem to be much help in the rushing defense. Being an exceptional pass defender at linebacker doesn't make you a Pro-bowler if you're just average against the run.

And 17th is average. After all, you don't see me lobbying for Chad Greenway or Harrison Smith to be getting nods. The only Vikes defensive player to make the Pro Bowl is Jared Allen and I think that he basically made it on rep.

I didn't say that linebackers are just there for rush defense. It's not like get to take plays off when it is a passing play. However, if you have a bad rushing defense, the linebackers bear a big chunk of the blame. And KC's rushing defense is one of the worst in the league.

I'll agree that situational player is unfair to Hali. Perhaps one-dimensional? He and Houston don't seem to be much help in the rushing defense. Being an exceptional pass defender at linebacker doesn't make you a Pro-bowler if you're just average against the run.
    To be fair ...once teams get a lead in the 4th , they basically start pounding the ball against the Chiefs. Its why the rushing totals are very out of whack here. By the 4th teams will have a TD or 2 TD lead and the Chiefs are forced more to stop the run. Its 2 factors that hurt KC. They will have to pass to get back into games (they can't) and once they hand the ball back , teams pound it again to run the clock.

About Jared Allen... the guy is doing his usual average of sacks in a season. He likely will hit 12 or maybe 13 sacks on the season. He makes that defensive unit really go in a sense because more or worried about double teams on him. Of course he's not good at stopping the run and NFL analysts joke that teams run at Allen because he usually gets himself outta position. But the dude is a sack machine at DE. I can sense why he was picked again.

Of course he did do this...

What did Tebow expect to happen ? He just asked out of really what he mostly does in games for the Jets honestly.
    I find the timing of all this to be highly suspect.

Right now, the Rex Ryan looks like a dummy(and a liar). Sanchez looks like a dummy. The Offensive Coordinator looks like a dummy. The GM and the Woody Johnson look like dummies too.

The only person who looked good in this debacle of a season for the Jets was Good Soldier Tebow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tebow/Ryan convo was leaked just to ding up Tebow's rep some. If they are gonna release him they don't want to look any worse than they already do when it happens. And the only way the Jets can do THAT is leak a story about him NOT being a good soldier.

I mean, dude is a competitor. Given what he's seen this season why wouldn't he ask to get a shot?
    We are setting the bar at "Being better than Sanchez at QB", after all.

Fuck, he probably could have won the Monday night game for the Jets and I think he sucks.

Elder Member

McElroy has a concussion; Sanchez to start.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised.

Get the poor guy outta harm's way.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised.

Get the poor guy outta harm's way.
    You take 11 sacks in a game and I'm not shocked he isn't hurt.