Page 99 of 161 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2401
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't really see who the Cowboys can convince to coach the team if Garrett is fired. Cowher won't wanna be a punching bag for Jerry Jones. He will want an owner to step back and let him coach the team. Gruden has claimed he loves his MNF gig and its doubtful he comes back. Parcells won't come back and get in that mess. Norv Turner isn't worth being made a head coach as his under-achieving in San Diego makes what Dallas has done look great.

Sean Payton could have been a possibility but its expected Payton will be resigned by the Saints to an extension .
    Well, it's not like that's the entire pool of candidates. The next coach doesn't have to be famous to be good/better than Garrett. I'm sure Jones'll have no trouble finding an up and coming coordinator (or possibly a former HC who's not a marquee name but wants back in the big chair) to take the job. And according to what's been said by Johnson and Switzer on the subject, Jones doesn't want a big name coach for the same reason he doesn't want an official GM: because he doesn't want anyone who can challenge his power over the team.
    Last edited by kalorama; 12-23-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Ah I knew the Boys would blow it. its simply in their nature.

And now the Giants are being pounded by the Ravens.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, it's not like that's the entire pool of candidates. The next coach doesn't have to be famous to be good/better than Garrett. I'm sure Jones'll have no trouble finding an up and coming coordinator (or possibly a former HC who's not a marquee name but wants back in the big chair) to take the job. And according to what's been said by Johnson and Switzer on the subject, Jones doesn't want a big name coach for the same reason he doesn't want an official GM: because he doesn't want anyone who can challenge his power over the team.
    Jones should not waste his time really. Just keep Garrett and keep sucking along til Romo and the window closes for good. Then you can cry to a good coach and beg them to help fix your team. It took 2-3 head coaches that really did shit for Jerry to realize he better get a "name" coach to fix his team. So he hired Parcells. Once he loses awhile he will go beg a "name" coach to save his franchise again.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

You are either looking for Dallas at college coaches who are hungry for a shot at the big time or Andy Reid.

For some reason I see him taking Jerry Jones crap. I don't know why really.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Eli is really struggling with pressure on him by this Raven's defense so far. They have 3 sacks so far today. Its wild but it seems like the Giants and Eli have given up on the season because in 2 weeks the Giants have lost 61-7 . Yikes...
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Eli is really struggling with pressure on him by this Raven's defense so far. They have 3 sacks so far today. Its wild but it seems like the Giants and Eli have given up on the season because in 2 weeks the Giants have lost 61-7 . Yikes...
    Which is funny since they still had a chance. Does a loss to the Ravens mean they are out or do they still get a wildcard if they beat the Eagles next week?

They can still get in as the 6th seed but the Vikings and Bears both have to lose next week
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Thanks sucks to be them. Still interesting looks like RG3 and Luck in the Playoffs plus Russel Wilson and Kaepernick. Lol small chance that RG3 or Wilson would have to play all of them.

Hope anyone who doesn't think having homefield advantage is important is watching the Seahawks/49ers game.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Hope anyone who doesn't think having homefield advantage is important is watching the Seahawks/49ers game.
    indeed

as a Giants fan I am disappointed, but the team has had great success these past few years so Im not cranky

if they get knocked out, I can watch the playoffs stress free this year
    Support your local roller derby league

Elder Member

Once he loses awhile he will go beg a "name" coach to save his franchise again.
    Well, assuming they lose to the Skins next week (which is what I'm assuming) they'll have missed the playoffs 3 straight years, 10 of the last 16 and won 1 playoff game in that time.

How much more does he need to lose before he starts begging?

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

So a winner wins the division for Cowboys vs Redskins.
    Another game with the Giants stinking again vs a birds team on the road. Can't wait to hear Stephen A Smith on SportsCenter, and First Take.

The Bengals beat the Steelers 13-10 for the first time in the Dalton Era. Another game where the Steelers could not kick a successful field goal because it fell short. For the first time since 1981-1982that the Bengals made playoffs for the first time back to back seasons.
    I didn't see my Titans get smashed by the Packers 55-7 becaue I went to my moms parents along with my family. A abomination, and Titans owner Bud Adams turned the tv off before the game was finished.1-3 vs the NFC North, each loss got worse than the last one.
    At least the Titans held them to field goals for some because if not would make them all the more closer to 500, or outdo one of their worst losses the 59-0 to the Pats.
    If they give up 49 points it's 500. It would be one of the worst seasons to not only allow 500 or more but also for the team that they give it up to the Jaguars plus go 0-6 for the first time in history for the Titans in the AFC South. Be excellent for them to not just beat the Jaguars blow them out with a shutout. It's been a horrid year for the Titans but they still finish the opposite of how they started with a win not a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    that hit!!!!
    recover soon there davis
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-24-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Are the Giants still alive? Do they have the tie-breaker on the Cowboys if they both win and end up tied?
    A Fool for the Foom

No its Winner take all between Washington and Dallas for the Division.

I suppose if the right combination of teams win and lose they can get in though not likely.