Page 95 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2401

So if the world ends tomorrow the last NFL game I would have watched would be the Jets and Titans. God dammit.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So if the world ends tomorrow the last NFL game I would have watched would be the Jets and Titans. God dammit.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the world just gave up after that game.

Hunker down!

The Gator homers here in Jax are all in a tizzy over Tebow being passed over in favor of McElroy.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Remember how cutting Mark Sanchez would be an easy situation ? Its not... yes he has a cap number of $8.25 million next year... but as this claims if the Jets cut Sanchez anyway they will owe him $17+ million .

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ording-sources

They can wait til June 1st and spread it over 2 seasons. But the cap hit on Sanchez will likely see the Jets perhaps explore QB situation. Several things may happen.

1.) The Jets will hire a QB coach like a Jim Fassel or Paul Hackett to help Sanchez perhaps.

2.) The Jets will likely fire Sparano. Which they will then likely sign a OC.

3.) The Jets will sign a free agent QB or trade for one like a Cousins to be the QB.

Its clear that the Jets will likely cut or trade Tebow this off-season. They don't wanna keep him in any case because they don't believe he's the answer either. Tebow was angry over it and wondered why the Jets traded for him. (It likely played into not helping Sanchez mentally with fans screaming for Tebow all season).
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    Even worse, if they start Tebow and win the next 2 games, then he's got to start him going into next year.
    Not to mention it means he was wrong
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Considering the plight of Sanchez and how much I am not a fan of the Jets at the moment, the fact that he's gotten death threats from fans doesn't help change this opinion.
    Nobody deserves getting death threats. It's only a game for Pete's sake.

But that dude was off the chain crazy. On top of the "If you come to practice that's it for you!" threats, Dude said that the
    Jets performance upset him so bad he was unable to have sex with his girl. On teh internets.

I imagine dude got a whole lot of "Send her over here, I'll take care of her, brah" posts.

Knowing dudes, that ish probably shocked him more that the specter of jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nobody deserves getting death threats. It's only a game for Pete's sake.

But that dude was off the chain crazy. On top of the "If you come to practice that's it for you!" threats, Dude said that the
    Jets performance upset him so bad he was unable to have sex with his girl. On teh internets.

I imagine dude got a whole lot of "Send her over here, I'll take care of her, brah" posts.

Knowing dudes, that ish probably shocked him more that the specter of jail time.
    Yeah that is fucked up. You sending threats to someone over a game is over the top fucking insane.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Senior Member FirestormTheNuclearMan's Avatar

Jets Chargers
    Both of these teams have had problems holding onto the ball, and they play each other on Sunday.

Sunday Night Game 49ers Seahawks
    The Carrol Harbaugh rivalry continues. I think it'll be interesting if not only the 49ers win but win by 27 or more points.
    Why is there talk of running up the score. If you don't want touchdowns scored then the defense needs to stop the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by FirestormTheNuclearMan View Post
    Jets Chargers
    Both of these teams have had problems holding onto the ball, and they play each other on Sunday.

Sunday Night Game 49ers Seahawks
    The Carrol Harbaugh rivalry continues. I think it'll be interesting if not only the 49ers win but win by 27 or more points.
    Why is there talk of running up the score. If you don't want touchdowns scored then the defense needs to stop the offense.
    Really Pete Carroll needs someone to blow him out. And I don't mean by 24 points. Some team needs to totally drop 50 on his dumb ass once and then they can say post game , "It doesn't feel right does it to be throwing on downs and playing full stop at the end does it ? Well maybe this will teach a coach that you don't need to act like your in college anymore."

I am sure Carroll will never do it again. I am sure once his team has a 3 TD lead with 8 minutes left in a game to try and run the score more up.

I was in a dozen fantasy leagues this season; NFL, ESPN, CBS, and Yahoo, and have made the championship game in 4 of them. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Really Pete Carroll needs someone to blow him out. And I don't mean by 24 points. Some team needs to totally drop 50 on his dumb ass once and then they can say post game , "It doesn't feel right does it to be throwing on downs and playing full stop at the end does it ? Well maybe this will teach a coach that you don't need to act like your in college anymore."

I am sure Carroll will never do it again. I am sure once his team has a 3 TD lead with 8 minutes left in a game to try and run the score more up.
    IMO Seattle is the most complete team in the league right now
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    IMO Seattle is the most complete team in the league right now
    We will see about that. There is a difference playing the 49ers than playing the Arizona Cardinals and Buffalo Bills.

3-5 on the road
    6-0 at home

typically doesn't bode very well for a wild card team(barring the 49ers completely imploding and losing their last 2)
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-21-2012 at 09:13 AM.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11

NFC's looking shaky all of a sudden. 49ers look good, but the Packers are up and down, the NFC East teams (aside from the Eagles) look just good enough to squeak into the playoffs and lose a game, the Bears and Vikings don't look playoff worthy, the Seahawks are great at home but they're probably not going to be playing any home games in the postseason, and nobody really believes the Falcons are going deep into the playoffs. At the start of the year it looked like the NFC was much stronger than the AFC, but I'd probably take the Broncos or Texans over just about any team in the NFC. The Patriots and the Steelers (assuming they get some injured players back, and actually get to the playoffs) would have a pretty good shot against any NFC team as well.
    A Fool for the Foom

You can make a case that the AFC's the same way

Texans, Were taken to overtime by the Jaguars(and gave up more points to the Jags than any other team in the NFL) and have a fairly weak schedule now that we have the benefit of hindsight, naver mind you can make the exact same arguement people love to make about the Falcons that they don't step up to big games(and to be fair I think its completely unwarrented for both teams)
    The Patriots just played a home game in which they gave up 34 unanswered points, and then scored 34 unanswered points, and still lost, and they will not have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs
    Denver's beaten one team with a winning record this year, and that's the Ravens, see below for them
    Baltimore's lost 3 in a row(and were extremely lucky to win the two before that), and look to be falling apart
    The Colts are almost a lock for one of the wild cards, but no oneis seriously expecting them to make it to the AFC championship game
    The remaining slot is between the Bengals and Steelers, and the Steelers are banged up and on a 2 game losing skid, and the way they're playing I give the Bengals better odds of beating the Ravens than the Steelers beating the Browns(that feels so odd to say). Either way no one's expecting to see this seed make it to the AFC Championship game

there is no dominant NFL team this year, and I love it, cause it means its up for grabs. The only two teams you might have an arguement for would be the Patriots and 49ers, and they have flaws as well as evidenced by neither team currently having the first seed in their conferences.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-21-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11