Page 84 of 161 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2401
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Is it wrong to question why Kevin Kolb was so desired in Philadelphia? They basically wanted him to be the future, but three years later, he is just a high-priced bust.

Also, I'm glad Jacksonville put Blaine Gabbert out of his misery a month or so ago. His one goal was to not have a bad season, and he managed to play even worse than he did in his rookie year. He is not an NFL player at all.
    Kolb was drafted to basically be the future once McNabb retired. But once they signed Vick things changed. Vick won the job once Kolb got hurt that next season(2009) and Reid basically said Kolb had lost the starting job. Now had Kolb not gotten hurt , he had played pretty ok for them. He is a more West Coast QB , and can excel in a short passing system. He had basically gotten the nod before Vick replaced him and had that great season.

If a team runs that west coast system , Kolb likely can run it well. Its finding a team that needs QB and runs that system right now that is tough. The only team I can think of that runs the system and needs a QB is the Raiders currently.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Drew Brees had some comments about the whole Bountygate decision and some pointed comments about the Commish
    Nothing really new. Brees has been critical of this from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Kolb was drafted to basically be the future once McNabb retired. But once they signed Vick things changed. Vick won the job once Kolb got hurt that next season(2009) and Reid basically said Kolb had lost the starting job. Now had Kolb not gotten hurt , he had played pretty ok for them. He is a more West Coast QB , and can excel in a short passing system. He had basically gotten the nod before Vick replaced him and had that great season.

If a team runs that west coast system , Kolb likely can run it well. Its finding a team that needs QB and runs that system right now that is tough. The only team I can think of that runs the system and needs a QB is the Raiders currently.
    Carson is doing alright for the Raiders. He isn't stellar, but they have half a dozen bigger problems to deal with - which is why dealing for him as though he was the final piece was so stupid. I think that the Vikes claim to be running a West Coast offense. It's sorta hard to say since they're running it so ineffectively, but it'd be something to give Ponder some competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Carson is doing alright for the Raiders. He isn't stellar, but they have half a dozen bigger problems to deal with - which is why dealing for him as though he was the final piece was so stupid. I think that the Vikes claim to be running a West Coast offense. It's sorta hard to say since they're running it so ineffectively, but it'd be something to give Ponder some competition.
    I believe Palmer is due a big pay day this off-season and the Raiders are realizing he isn't gonna be the future. Because they are gonna be rebuilding more.

The Vikings need WR's. Its clear they need talent on the outside. Once Harvin went down , so did a lot of the passing attack.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Phi +4
    10 char

don't know if anyone heard about Rob Parkers comments on First Take yesterday....

dumbass
    Support your local roller derby league

I tend to fast forward the podcast when Parker comes on, I've gotten to the point where I can enjoy Skip's antics but Parker just comes off as annoying.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

he essentially said that RGIII isn't "black enough"

because apparently that is still a concern in 2012

I have heard that kind of shit my whole life...in school, I actually had books taken away from me because I "read too much", I even got that shit in the military so I took those comments a little personally
    Support your local roller derby league

I have heard that kind of shit my whole life...in school, I actually had books taken away from me because I "read too much", I even got that shit in the military so I took those comments a little personally
    It looks like we have a contender for worst things to say about a starting QB in the NFL. Like the dude who ripped Kaepernick for having tattoos.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

The Cardinals put Kevin Kolb on IR after a setback happened with his recovery from his ribs he hut weeks ago. Kolb is expected to be released due to them owing him $11+ million this upcoming off season and the franchise not gonna pay it. Kolb will likely be attractive in free agency due to his numbers in the 4-2 start.
    His numbers weren't that hot. He passed for 300 yards once. He just didn't turn the ball over much in Arizona's first four games. His QB rating was like 86, but he only had about 200 yds passing a game. Plus, injury prone as they come.

I don't know that he will get many looks in free agency, unless someone's looking for a quality backup.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

It looks like we have a contender for worst things to say about a starting QB in the NFL. Like the dude who ripped Kaepernick for having tattoos.
    Sports talking heads/analysts/big mouths are going to keep saying this stupid crap because there's too many of them so now a lot of idiots are in the biz and sports media is just as 24/7 non-stop as a lot of other things. This is going to lead to a lot of moronic comments because they have run out of other things to talk about. It is all a big fight for ratings and sadly more negative is pumped out than positive. Worse though is some of these commentators probably believe what they say and the dunderheads in their audience just might agree.
    What the hell is "black enough", seriously, really what the hell is "black enough"?! Does he need to have Antonio Cromartie as a life coach? Will he be black enough then?! I gotta call up Rob Parker, I got a problem. I wanna put on a Bo Diddley record and get friendly with Misty Stone..I may no longer be white enough!
    OH MY GOD TATTOOS COLIN KAPERNICK IS PROBABLY GOING TO STEAL FROM YOU AND USE IT TO BUY DRUGS!!! I myself have 3 tattoos, thus it will lead you to believe I'm going to Super E's house to take an upper decker and trample his flower beds.
    Idiots. Tired of em.
    Last edited by sHayden; 12-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.

I think Parker questions whether RG3 wants to be black. Naturally, this is controversial on sports radio, but it's not like we've never heard such a thing - anyone listen to Ice Cube? Honestly, Parker has said dumber things. I did like Smith's response.

After 2-3 weeks of solid QB play , Foles played like a rookie QB. He struggled against that defense and all. He has 2 more games to see if he can be the long term guy . Reid likely knows he's gone from the team unless the owner backs off his 8-8 record being unacceptable comments earlier this season.

In NFL news , Eric Dickerson who holds the single season NFL rushing record at 2,105 yards has claimed he doesn't want Adrian Peterson to break it. Dickerson claims he knows AD is a class guy and if anyone can break it , it would be him. But he claims he would love if his son could break it eventually. In order for Peterson to break the record he needs to average 168 yards the final 3 games.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...setting-record

In the dumb statement week , Green Bay TE Jermichael Finley claimed the Bears were better off without MLB Brian Urlacher . 2 days later Urlacher fired back and brought some NFL history of when the Packers won their recent Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...michael-finley

Reggie Bush himself seems ready to depart the Dolphins after the season as the team hasn't approached him with a new contract. Bush had been more productive but his age (28 when the season ends) and wear/tear maybe a factor on him not coming back in 7 NFL seasons as well as price.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-dolphins-deal

The Lions have basically have admitted they aren't gonna make the playoffs this season but are playing for something else. They want Calvin Johnson to break Jerry Rice single season yards record. Johnson needs 303 yards the rest of the way to break it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...record-pursuit

don't know if anyone heard about Rob Parkers comments on First Take yesterday....

dumbass
    What a complete idiot and good for ESPN to suspend him.