Page 80 of 161 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2401

DennyK crosses over:

What the seahawks did yesterday (and what the patriots seem to do as often as possible) is the NFL equivalent of breaking one of major league baseball's "unwritten rules" by piling on when there's no need to.
    There's your confusion. This is the NFL, not major league baseball. No such "unwritten rule" exists.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    There's your confusion. This is the NFL, not major league baseball. No such "unwritten rule" exists.

I disagree good Sir, but I'm also off my meds.

Vince Young "campaigning" on Twitter for a job with the Cardinals: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ith-cardinals/

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Vince Young "campaigning" on Twitter for a job with the Cardinals: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ith-cardinals/
    Young proved he was a bust, but right now, I think Arizona needs something, ANYTHING, in order to play actual football.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

The overrated RG3 is hurt again.

I've heard a lot of talk recently about Peyton Manning being the leading candidate for MVP this year, and now after yesterday's performance Adrian Peterson is getting a lot of love, and I have absolutely no problem with either one of them. I'm wondering why I'm not hearing anything about RGIII or Andrew Luck for the award, to me they are both very deserving of consideration.
    I've heard a lot about both of them, but while they deserve some credit, they are not as impressive as Manning or Peterson. Nowhere near it, in fact.

I would only call RG3 mildly overrated considering that the Redskins are knocking on the playoff door after years of irrelevance
    Support your local roller derby league

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Honestly, I hoped they would have put Kolb on IR back during their BYE week while he healed, and at least brought in Young for a look. At this point, I don't think anyone would claim Ryan Lindley if you put him on the practice squad, come to think of it.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I would only call RG3 mildly overrated considering that the Redskins are knocking on the playoff door after years of irrelevance
    RG3 is not the only feature of this once irrelevant team. People don't give Shanahan or the coordinators enough credit. Alfred Morris is just as impressive as RG3 - perhaps even more impressive, given that he hasn't been injured in two games.

RGIII has also scored the most points all season for pretty much any Fantasy league, there's your source for overrated-ness.
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    RG3 is not the only feature of this once irrelevant team. People don't give Shanahan or the coordinators enough credit. Alfred Morris is just as impressive as RG3 - perhaps even more impressive, given that he hasn't been injured in two games.
    yes...he seems to have been forgotten by many

he took the Baylor offense, mashed it with his system, and made it work

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Oh, good. Now I can stop explaining why Sam Wyche kicked an onside kick against Houston with less than 2 minutes left and leading by, like, 40. Woo-Hoo!
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    Oh, good. Now I can stop explaining why Sam Wyche kicked an onside kick against Houston with less than 2 minutes left and leading by, like, 40. Woo-Hoo!
    if the other team doesn't like it, stop it

otherwise run that score up like you need BCS points

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Given what the Cardinals did yesterday and have a worse QB situation than KC right now (our QB's are bad...but not 18.2 QB rating bad) I'd say give Young a shot. Just basically simplify the system to a point Young can learn enough in a week and go from there. It can't be as worse than they have right now.

The overrated RG3 is hurt again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    yes...he seems to have been forgotten by many

he took the Baylor offense, mashed it with his system, and made it work
    RGIII is over rated if you believe a whole system geared around him is over rated . I mean lets be honest...that entire Shanahan/Baylor style offense is about RGIII. Its about the moves he makes and the things he does from it. Its why the defenses hate it so much now. Because not every QB can run that style offense and its geared around his current skills level.

Now eventually RGIII can't continue in this offense. He suffered a knee sprain and was lucky. This has to make Shanahan realize he's gonna need RGIII to get with a QB coach and spend the off-season learn and taking snaps from a normal west coast style offense more. Yes at times they can run this pistol offense . But long term they can't continue in it for his health.

Plus RGIII even with all his media attention and being called great has his moments of joking and taking shots at himself.

- "I knew from getting up its not a ACL. I know that much from it. Of course I still screamed out even if I'm a man at the shot I took." - RGIII joking about his knee last night.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Elder Member

The fact that he has a coach/coordinator who understands how to use his talents shouldn't count against Griffin, anymore than it counts against any other quarterback who plays for as good coach. No question Griffin has been overhyped, but that's not the same as overrated. He's certainly not the only reason for the Redskins (relative) success, but that doesn't change just how important he has been.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The fact that he has a coach/coordinator who understands how to use his talents shouldn't count against Griffin, anymore than it counts against any other quarterback who plays for as good coach. No question Griffin has been overhyped, but that's not the same as overrated. He's certainly not the only reason for the Redskins (relative) success, but that doesn't change just how important he has been.
    I'm not counting it against him per se, but when one acts like a rookie quarterback is the shit without emphasizing the contributions of the coaches and Morris, that is overrating a player. "Overhyped" makes no sense here. If anything, Griffin lives up to the hype: he's talented and entertaining to watch. There's no question about that.

Edit: Another thing about the overrated claim: RG3 is not as great of a passer as many would have you believe.
    Last edited by jesse_custer; 12-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.